Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Enslaved: Odyssey To The West

Featured Replies

I also found Arcania enjoyable. The story and characters are nothing to write home about but it was still fun. Combat is decent and the graphics are better than Dragon Age and it seems like it could be a fairly long game building up your character. I can see potential in this one. Damn gonna be super broke this month lol. No way I can afford em all:

Borderlands GOTY

Enslaved

Arcania

Fable 3

The Force Unleashed 2

Rockband 3

I am sure I missed some haha.

Sims 3!! (I'm probably the only one here waiting for it lol...)

  • Author

After playing a decent chunk of the game, I can safely say, its worth $60 bucks for the story alone. Monkey and Trip are fantastic characters, I love the story. The gameplay is good, but its nothing amazing, it is good though, its not bad by any means. But as I said, the story is the star of the show. The graphics are great, and it being a post apocalypse type game, it uses a wide variety of colors, be it flowers, grass, trees, it has a lush environment. Also, the game has a Co-Op feel to it, even though no Co-Op is supported, that's how good Trip's AI is.

So far, it gets a 9/10 from me. Nothing really bad about the game at all, in my opinion. I'm close to chapter 3 on normal, so its going good so far. Silly Pogre is playing hard mode first, good luck, its supposed to get pretty difficult! :P

Sims 3!! (I'm probably the only one here waiting for it lol...)

Hey Rose, the truth is I am secretly awaiting this title as well haha. I have Sims 3 on my computer but now with the xbox I can lay on my couch and play.

Coy and I really dislike Sims 3 on the computer. It just seems unstable when compared to Sims 2.

Also, I LOATHE the pricing. The expansion packs are RIDICULOUSLY overpriced.

I agree. I have it for MAC and it does run a little buggy. I never bought any expansions for it either since they are like $30+. They love to milk that game with xpacs that simply just add items or something. All that coupled with the fact that I don't feel like sitting at my computer desk all night the xbox version sounds good. My fear is that they won't design it right and it will be clunky on the console. We shall see!

See I didn't mind the expansions so much for Sims 2. They were appropriately priced (usually $19.99), and generally offered a LOT of new content (weather, seasons, pets, etc).

Now we get LESS content for DOUBLE the cost. $39.99 for a SMALL EXPANSION pack is dumb.

Ok, sorry for getting this thread off topic, but Sims 3 irks me. Plus, half the time when you download free stuff, even the free official stuff, from the marketplace, it completely borks the game and starts crashing all the time. You have to uninstall EVERYTHING and reinstall.

See I didn't mind the expansions so much for Sims 2. They were appropriately priced (usually $19.99), and generally offered a LOT of new content (weather, seasons, pets, etc).

Now we get LESS content for DOUBLE the cost. $39.99 for a SMALL EXPANSION pack is dumb.

Ok, sorry for getting this thread off topic, but Sims 3 irks me. Plus, half the time when you download free stuff, even the free official stuff, from the marketplace, it completely borks the game and starts crashing all the time. You have to uninstall EVERYTHING and reinstall.

Oh man!! That happened to me about a month ago. I downloaded some free hair or something and my game was totally screwed. Had to uninstall and reinstall. Yeah Sims 2 was much more stable. Sorry for getting off topic as well lol!

  • 2 weeks later...

Getting back to Enslaved .. .. I still haven't had a chance to pick it up, and everyone knows how I feel about Ninja Theory (I "heart" Heavenly Sword), but my biggest concern right now is length of the game? It's not a deciding factor for me, just a mild interest.

  • Author

Getting back to Enslaved .. .. I still haven't had a chance to pick it up, and everyone knows how I feel about Ninja Theory (I "heart" Heavenly Sword), but my biggest concern right now is length of the game? It's not a deciding factor for me, just a mild interest.

Its about the normal length of a game nowadays. I beat it in roughly 12 hours I would say on normal, but its not short and its not long. It feels just right for the story of the game. It didn't drag on, and it didn't end way too soon.

Okay .. that time length sounds good .. Heavenly Sword was pretty damn short but oh so awesome!!

Its about the normal length of a game nowadays. I beat it in roughly 12 hours I would say on normal, but its not short and its not long. It feels just right for the story of the game. It didn't drag on, and it didn't end way too soon.

So, was the story in this as good as I've heard?

  • Author

So, was the story in this as good as I've heard?

In my opinion the story is the strongest point, not really the concept of the story, but the characters. What the gameplay lacks, the story picks up. One of the best storyline/character sets I've played in a long time.

Odd thing about this game to me is Andy Serkis was the director and did the mo-cap for Monkey. He also helped with some of the writing.

I'll wait and pick this one up when it goes on sale. Should be pretty soon too, since it hasn't sold all that many copies.

Spawn, knowing you like the Prince Persia series, I know you'll like this. I beat it and I'm still going back through to glean out a few more cheevos, so I'm getting my bang for the buck. If you can pick it up on sale or something, definitely get it.

And yes, the story is very engaging. I found myself actually caring about the characters, and the ending was pretty farging cool.

Odd thing about this game to me is Andy Serkis was the director and did the mo-cap for Monkey. He also helped with some of the writing.

I'll wait and pick this one up when it goes on sale. Should be pretty soon too, since it hasn't sold all that many copies.

Also the voice acting. I'm slightly more interested in it now that I know that. Serkis is like a primate expert lol. He also played/mocapped King Kong.

And I've started reading Journey to the West and it is freaking insane. It's like anime, I love it. lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.