August 25, 201016 yr comment_17194 Mafia II Developed by: 2K CzechPublished by: 2K GamesPlatform: Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PCPlayers: 1ESRB rating: M 17+ The BreakdownYou’re Vito Scaletta. You find yourself back home in Empire Bay, after getting injured in World War II. Once back home, you realize some things have changed, while others haven’t. Your Mother and Sister haven’t changed one bit. However, your best friend from childhood, Joe Barbaro, most certainly has. Joe has a few things to show you, and you too will change after being introduced into the seedy underbelly of his newfound, Costa Nostra (mafia) world. Head over to the main site to check out the full review. Report
August 26, 201016 yr comment_17197 It seems we have a new reviewer. Great job bro! I may actually look in to this when the price drops to around $20. Report
August 26, 201016 yr comment_17200 I enjoyed the game a lot. Can't say that enough. Just can't justify $60 these days, on a game with very little playability or multiplayer. Hoping some DLC will address it, though. I'll buy the first DLC that comes out soon. Report
August 26, 201016 yr comment_17202 LOVE the score. I may have to "steal" dat stuff for a future review. LOLPK, I applaud you. I'm actually very excited after reading that. You did an amazing job and I really hope to see more in the future bro. Big Huggy Bunches! Report
August 26, 201016 yr comment_17206 Thanks, guys. There's ALT text on the images, too, for all you IE users. I tried to be creative. lol Report
August 26, 201016 yr comment_17207 You done did a good job PK. Take it from a dude who's tried to review game himself. You done good man. I liked the ALT text. I did notice that. Report
August 26, 201016 yr comment_17208 Hopefully the ArcaniA devs or PR people get back to me. I'd like to review Gothic 4.You don't try, Chris. You do write good reviews. Thanks again. Report
August 26, 201016 yr comment_17209 Great review, PK. It made me want to pick the game up, even though I didn't like the demo, I may give it a rent now. Report
August 26, 201016 yr comment_17211 I DO try. It's all about "trying". It's all any of us do. I'm no professional writer. LoL This isn't about me. I liked your review PK. I def want to play the game. Report
August 26, 201016 yr comment_17212 I DO try. It's all about "trying". It's all any of us do. I'm no professional writer. LoL This isn't about me. I liked your review PK. I def want to play the game. I'd like to see you review Gothic 4 also. That game looks cool. Report
August 26, 201016 yr comment_17214 It's a definite rent. If you're able to rent, do it. It's a really good game. You won't be sorry you did.If it does get MP down the road, though, I'd consider buying it. I'm going to reload a chapter tonight, and explore the game world. So many places don't get touched on in the missions. It'd be perfect in free roam.Please, please, 2k Czech! Open up your game to the fans. Love you forever, if you do. Report
August 26, 201016 yr comment_17215 Yeah I heard it was slightly linear. A perfect chance to have a mobster open-world and they slightly toned it down with linearness and missed a few good chances. MP prob would be cool. Report
August 26, 201016 yr comment_17216 Very nice review. Well understood from someone who really wasn't watching the game. Report
August 26, 201016 yr comment_17245 Very good review but I must ask about the rental suggestion. I would be getting this on pc and except for onlive rental is not an option. However, the game is 10 dollars cheaper. So, is it a feeling of lack of game time or lack of multiplayer or both that brought on the rental suggestion? The lack of multiplayer doesnt concern me at all, but the dollar per gamehour may be a little high.On the other hand, 15 hours is pretty close to average gametime for a linear game. Report
August 26, 201016 yr comment_17259 Rental suggestion comes from my frugality. Beyond the first playthrough, there's not really a reason to play it again. You know what happens in the game. The times I listed, depends on if you hunt for the collectibles in the game or not. If you do decide to do another run with the difficulty raised or lowered, it would add more time to your playtime.One thing I neglected to add into my review is, when you're playing the game, you're not thinking the game is short at all. It's when it's over you were wishing there was more. I'm really looking forward to the DLC that's coming out for this game. To fully answer your question, though... this game screams for multiplayer. Can you imagine you and your friends forming your own mafia and taking down a rival family across town? Could even just be AI you're up against. It'd still be great. So yeah, a bit of both. Report
August 26, 201016 yr comment_17286 One thing I neglected to add into my review is, when you're playing the game, you're not thinking the game is short at all. It's when it's over you were wishing there was more. I'm really looking forward to the DLC that's coming out for this game. That's pretty much what I was looking for. Multiplayer would be great, but it would seem the single player is going to be enough to warrant buying it. I'll be getting a BB gift card soon, and I'll pick it up then. Report
August 26, 201016 yr comment_17288 That's good to hear. I'm anxious to hear other peoples takes on Mafia II. Report
August 26, 201016 yr comment_17291 *Ba-doop* Say to a designer at Bioware, what he's about to say in regards to Mafia II before he says it. 20GS Report
August 27, 201016 yr comment_17313 Man, I really want this game but I don't want to fork over 60$ and I don't usually rent games cause I can't sit down and play a game straight for like 5 hours. I play one hour like here and there so I couldn't do like a two day rental. Report
August 27, 201016 yr comment_17315 Man, I really want this game but I don't want to fork over 60$ and I don't usually rent games cause I can't sit down and play a game straight for like 5 hours. I play one hour like here and there so I couldn't do like a two day rental.Gamefly my friend. Report
August 27, 201016 yr comment_17318 Gamefly my friend.That's actually a real good idea, like that would fit how I game I think. I think I'll give it some look right now. Report
August 27, 201016 yr comment_17325 Rented it based on review...And loving it already, based on your PM's over LIVE. I'm glad. It's a really good game. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.