April 6, 201016 yr comment_1569 Not making a big huge list this time. Since I got the new laptop, I don't have my others installed yet. Instead, I'm going to share one new one I found.Invisible Handhttps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11377?src=rockyourfirefoxAutomatically shows a discreet notification when a better price is available on a product you're browsing. Covers over 100 retailers in the US, UK and Germany. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1574 Not really an addon, but I use the Foxdie theme, its nice and simple. Foxdie 3.6 Betahttp://www.foxdie.us/2010/01/31/foxdie-36-beta-1/Check out the gallery in the link for pictures. When the full 3.6 is out, it will be really customizable like the last version. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1646 I can tell this thread will be pretty cool for us Firefox users. I was having problems getting Invisible Hand to work, but I found that it works best when you just Google a game.I'm trying out an add-on called FlagFox. It displays a flag next to a site's address that shows what country the site's IP is in. I think it can also detect if a site is saying it's from one country but is actually from another or something like that.Think we could still make a list of all the good add-ons we use like NoScript and AdBlock in the OP? That way new members who use Firefox can see them? Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1650 This is a list a friend and I use, some things are pretty useless, but you may want it anyway.AdBlock PlusColorful Tabs (Not really useful, just makes your tabs colored)Download StatusbarDownThemAllEasy Youtube Video DownloaderFastestFoxImTranslator (If you visit foreign sites for whatever reason)InvisibleHandPersonasQuick DragSmart Bookmarks BarTab Mix PlusTinyURL GeneratorTree Style Tabs (Only if you want your tabs displayed on the left side of your screen) Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1708 Ok since I haven't used any add-ons for FireFox in a LONG time, I need a bit of assistance with AdBlock Plus. Which filter subscription should I get, if any? I'm a tad bit confused with the add-on lol. I feel like such a nub.Edit: I just wanted to add this really awesome theme I just downloaded. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/13138 Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1709 I have way too many addons...Adblock PlusBBCodeXtrabit.ly previewChromaTabs PlusCoolirisCoral IE TabCustomizeGoogledeskCutDownload StatusbarDownloadHelperDownThemAll!EchofanErrorZillaPlusFEBEFireShotFlagFoxForecastfoxFoxyProxy StandardFull FullscreengTranslateImage ZoomMinimizeToTray revivedNoScriptNuke Anything EnhancedOrganize Status BarPDF DownloadPersonasRehost ImageStumbleUponStylishTab Mix PlusTab ScopeUpdate NotifierURL FixerXmarks. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1711 Ok since I haven't used any add-ons for FireFox in a LONG time, I need a bit of assistance with AdBlock Plus. Which filter subscription should I get, if any? I'm a tad bit confused with the add-on lol. I feel like such a nub.I don't think you need to set up subscriptions, it should have some by default. I use both it and NoScript, but probably only really need NoScript. Once you block the scripts for ad sites you'll never see them, and they're usually easy to recognize like googleadservices.com. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1721 I dig this one. It's a cool looking skin. Especially against the black background here.clicky Report
April 6, 201016 yr Author comment_1729 Cool, thanks Kev. Yeah, they work good in tandem, but NoScript runs circles around it. Why block one ad at a time, when you can just choose not to load the ad server? That's the way to go. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1731 Yeah, they work good in tandem, but NoScript runs circles around it. Why block one ad at a time, when you can just choose not to load the ad server? That's the way to go.I use adblock and have used NoScript, but I didn't like NoScripts default block everything. I only block a very few select annoying ads, and am not too concerned about the malicious websites. Report
April 6, 201016 yr Author comment_1733 Two quick clicks never bothered me. I prefer them to start blocked, upon entering a site. Usually, I only need to allow the root site and not all of its extraneous BS. lol Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1736 Two quick clicks never bothered me. I prefer them to start blocked, upon entering a site. Usually, I only need to allow the root site and not all of its extraneous BS. lolI completely understand, and some sites I pretty much have to block everything. However, the ads generate little to a lot of money for plenty of sites, and I don't like to intentionally block them if they aren't really bothering me. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1740 Well I'm using both of them right now and they are working flawlessly. I was wondering if it would prevent things from popping up on http://www.animefreak.tv/ It's a great site, but at first I got hit with pop-ups and my PC started acting weird, so I chose to reformat to be safe. If it had anything to do with the ads or other things on the site, would they be completely blocked off from that site so I could watch the videos safely? Or would I still have to deal with those when I visit the site. Other than that, these apps are working like a charm right now. (If you haven't guessed, I'm not as much of a techie as I used to be lol) Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1749 i switch all sorts of stuff on and off, except for noscript. Seriously, that, (or one of the other adblocking addons) is the best reason to have firefox. It default blocking doesn't bother me, except for maybe at first. But after using it for a few days, all your usual places are already unblocked and ready to go. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1764 Well I'm using both of them right now and they are working flawlessly. I was wondering if it would prevent things from popping up on http://www.animefreak.tv/ It's a great site, but at first I got hit with pop-ups and my PC started acting weird, so I chose to reformat to be safe. If it had anything to do with the ads or other things on the site, would they be completely blocked off from that site so I could watch the videos safely? Or would I still have to deal with those when I visit the site. Other than that, these apps are working like a charm right now. (If you haven't guessed, I'm not as much of a techie as I used to be lol)NoScript would let you just block site serving ads, and allow the anime site, preventing all pop ups. Definitely try it out if you don't already have it. And yeah, it's not that big of a deal to leave everything blocked and just allow the main sites, only a few sites have more than one script that needs to be unblocked to funciton normally (like a second one for their image server). Report
April 6, 201016 yr Author comment_1769 I completely understand, and some sites I pretty much have to block everything. However, the ads generate little to a lot of money for plenty of sites, and I don't like to intentionally block them if they aren't really bothering me.That's exactly why I use it. So the few times I do go to Kraptaco or Destructard they don't get my google analytic hit. lolIf it's a smaller site and I think they deserve it, I allow some. I never allow doubleclick, though. Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_1835 Okay so I'm having a bit of trouble getting the videos to load up on that anime site. For some reason, the flash or shockwave player is blocked, even though I have add-on installed. What exactly should I allow so that the embedded video starts up?Edit: Nevermind, I had to enable the flash on the video itself. Although now there are red lines along the edges of the video player. I'm very cautious about what to unblock, so I tried being careful with it. *Paranoia kicks in* Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_1838 I dig this one. It's a cool looking skin. Especially against the black background here.clickythis is the only thing i use too. pogre showed it to me a while back and i love how it goesa with everything else on my computer Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_1849 I used to use the Firefox B Persona, now I use the Firefox Trail Blazer Persona. It looks pretty cool. I'd like to use one of the Foxkeh ones with that cute anime looking little fox, but none of them look that great or are sized right. Report
April 7, 201016 yr Author comment_1852 I use the Firefox Blue personahttp://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/persona/4262Changed it.http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/persona/156358 Report
April 7, 201016 yr Author comment_1857 God of War Personahttp://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/persona/132818Kevin and Spawn can fight over who gets to use it. Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_1866 GlossyFox: My linkhttp://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/persona/29393I even have the icon to match. Report
April 7, 201016 yr Author comment_1867 Persona for McFee.http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/persona/115701Boba! Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.