Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Morrowind

Featured Replies

YES! Play Morrowind before playing Oblivion. Often, people who play Oblivion first, find Morrowind's combat tricky. They got used to instant gratification in Oblivion when they swung a weapon. You have to level your skills and character's level, before you start being an invincible demi God. The enemies aren't leveled to your character. That means, you stick to the roads in the beginning, and you don't go into scary looking places yet.

  • Replies 129
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES! Play Morrowind before playing Oblivion. Often, people who play Oblivion first, find Morrowind's combat tricky. They got used to instant gratification in Oblivion when they swung a weapon. You have to level your skills and character's level, before you start being an invincible demi God. The enemies aren't leveled to your character. That means, you stick to the roads in the beginning, and you don't go into scary looking places yet.

Yes, but don't forget to explore explore explore! That's what makes this game great. There are quick travel points, but a lot of the best parts are found in the middle of nowhere. And I suggest taking the time to read the books and dialogue. There's a ton of lore to be explored and some just fun stuff too!

Yeah definitely give morrowind a spin. I played Oblivion first, and It does back it harder to get into morrowind.

  • 5 months later...
  • Author

I finally started up Morrowind after I got some graphics mods working, I don't think I'll use any others. Maybe a house mod though.

Any advice for a beginner? I need some money and gear right now, and I plan to just level for a while. I'm an Imperial Adventurer. Major skills are Long Blade, Medium Armour, Heavy Armour, Blocking, and Armorer. Minor skills are Athletics, Acrobatics, Short Blade, Spear, and Light Armour.

You won't find much in the way of money as a beginner. The loot you're able to get it, isn't worth much. Once you level, you can start taking on Daedra's in the shrines and start making some bank.

I'd suggest joining the guilds in Balmora. They'll get you some change. The Fighter's Guild will take you to places where enemies drop stuff, too.

  • Author

Well I'm still level 1 but I stole some Orcish from the orks in... Caldera? I think that was the name. And I got an enchanted ebony broadsword from swiping it from a guard tower in Balmora. I think I'm going to do a couple main quest quests, then join the Imperial Legion. Pretty fun so far, it's a little different with no fast travel but I'll get used to it.

Pretty much all of the House vaults have great stuff. The Telvanni have Daedra in theirs, though, so be careful.

Are you going to Caldera on missions? Kind of an odd place to go at level 1. You can end up dead that way. lol I'd stick to Balmora and do some Thieves and Fighters guilds missions. I think you can join the Temple, too.

  • Author

Well, my mod is a must play of course. ;)

http://www.tesnexus....ile.php?id=9330

It takes place in Caldera, but should be doable for most levels. Though I would suggest a little higher than lvl 1.

I'll have to try it out, I've been a little busy for playing Morrowind but I think I'm gonna stay up late tonight and try to level some.

Morrowind brought me back to rpg's. I loved it... until my game glitched and I had to basically start my game over after 20+ hours or get stuck in a literal dead end.

  • 1 month later...

Haven't played Morrowind in a while. I definitely enjoyed it when I was playing it though, especially how it was a lot deeper and more challenging than Oblivion.

  • 1 month later...

For you guys that are loading up Morrowind and again and for the first time on PC. Here is a pretty good article on the necessities. Both for graphics improvements (textures, distant lands, etc) and to fix bugs. Some of the links are dated, but you can still find the mods, and sometimes newer versions of them.

http://morrowind2009.wordpress.com/

Be sure to check out the links at the top of the page:

Arktwend is a full conversion mod for Morrowind

Nehrim is a full conversion mod for Oblivion and sequal to Arktwend

  • 3 months later...
-tu It works best with a fresh install, when Im on my proper computer tomorrow I might post some screens.

Here we go - these seem to have lost quality in when I changed them to jpeg.

Its all a big hassle to try and get the thumbnails for all these so I'll give a link instead. sorry lol.

http://img862.images...morrowind2.jpg/

http://img705.images...morrowind6.jpg/

http://img12.imagesh...morrowind7.jpg/

http://img861.images...morrowind5.jpg/

You can set it whatever you want - it comes with the MGE. I have it set at 10 to be friendly to my fps.

That'd be smart wouldn't it :P

I've got it pumping them out in png now. I'll post some more soon. Have to find nice looking things. Im currently snooping around the Hlaalu manor trying to grab some brandy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.