April 8, 201016 yr comment_2167 Using Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder in junction with Split Media Labs VHScreenCapture. Then streaming it to Justin.tv. Works great in older games like Duke and Morrowind, but you'll notice some hefty FPS loss and choppiness the newer the game is as it's hard for the computer to keep up and do both.BTW, I found some more sweet graphics mods. I have to get them sorted ( they're a little buggy right now ) but they add better trees, and grass like Oblivion. From what little I loaded last night its pretty awesome. And I'm sure there are some crazy mods out there. Makes me want to mod again!Here's some screenshots with some of the new textures.There's much much more now. Better bodies, heads, clothes, armor, weapons, trees, etc. Game looks GREAT. Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2303 Going to test out a new forum feature! Live JTV streaming in the thread. Watch live video from dateranoth on Justin.tv Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2304 I think if you use the actual embed code, you can make the window bigger. Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2305 <iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" id="chat_embed" src="http://www.justin.tv/chat/embed?channel=dateranoth&default_chat=jtv&popout_chat=true#r=lTf2coo~&s=em" height="500" width="300"></iframe><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="495" width="553" id="jtv_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf?start_volume=0.5&backgroundImage=&channel=dateranoth&hostname=www.justin.tv&auto_play=false" bgcolor="#000000"> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /> <param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf" /> <param name="flashvars" value="start_volume=0.5&backgroundImage=&channel=dateranoth&hostname=www.justin.tv&auto_play=false" /> </object><br /> <a href="http://www.justin.tv/dateranoth#r=lTf2coo~&s=em" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:553; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from dateranoth on Justin.tv</a> Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2334 Nice! Morrowind was cool...I just stopped playing it one day. Not sure why. Report
April 9, 201016 yr Author comment_2336 Yay! Dateranoth, if you made a list of all the good mods and graphics extenders, I would be extremely happy and grateful. Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2340 Yay! Dateranoth, if you made a list of all the good mods and graphics extenders, I would be extremely happy and grateful. I'm going to be compiling all the texture replacements tonight or tomorrow. I'll hook you up. I can just send you the entire package if that'd be easier. Wrye Mash, and MGE are the two most important ones to start with. Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2349 Torchlight ftw.Wrye. That made by the same guy that was helping with the FormID bug, on uesp? Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2351 Torchlight ftw.Wrye. That made by the same guy that was helping with the FormID bug, on uesp?Yep. Same guy. lol, His website now states a retirement in all Morrowind and Oblivion modding activity due to a WoW addiction and a desire to start a "mega modding" business model as he calls it.http://wryemusings.com/Oh, and here is a good site with an extensive list of mods:http://www.mwmythicmods.com/telesphoros.htm Report
April 9, 201016 yr Author comment_2411 Yep. Same guy. lol, His website now states a retirement in all Morrowind and Oblivion modding activity due to a WoW addiction and a desire to start a "mega modding" business model as he calls it.http://wryemusings.com/Oh, and here is a good site with an extensive list of mods:http://www.mwmythicm...telesphoros.htmLame that he retired. No Wrye Bash for Elder Scrolls V...EDIT: Also I can't find the location for my Morrowind files... It's not under Bethesda Softworks on my C: Drive. Report
April 9, 201016 yr Author comment_2417 I found Morrowind under the Steam/SteamApps/common/morrowind and put MGE in there. But whenever I click it it says that it is "Unable to find Morrowind registry keys. Please run the game before installing MGE".Weird.EDIT: Installing DirectX right now, hopefully that'll help. Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2418 Wow. He needs to hire a web designer. Kidding. It's too bad he gave it up. Curse that damn WoW. Seriously, someone hire a friggin gypsy and curse World of Warcraft. Do it now.I'm actually surprised I remembered his name. I have a terrible memory. Report
April 9, 201016 yr Author comment_2420 Wow. He needs to hire a web designer. Kidding. It's too bad he gave it up. Curse that damn WoW. Seriously, someone hire a friggin gypsy and curse World of Warcraft. Do it now.I'm actually surprised I remembered his name. I have a terrible memory.Yeah Wrye did amazing things for the Elder Scrolls modding community. I figured I'd be using the new "Wrye Bash/Mash" when the next Elder Scrolls came out. As long as it isn't a damn MMO.And he made COBL. Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2457 Lame that he retired. No Wrye Bash for Elder Scrolls V...EDIT: Also I can't find the location for my Morrowind files... It's not under Bethesda Softworks on my C: Drive.Oh, I'd say there will be. He said he was retired from Morrowind and Oblivion modding . He'll get hooked again.Yeah, it can be tricky getting MGE installed. especially if you are running Windows Vista or 7. So, make sure you run Morrowind first with admin privs and without MGE. and that will let it write the registry. Then run MGE with admin privs. After that it should work alright. You'll just have to run it with admin privileges. I linked to a post on the Bethesda forums that goes over all the troubleshooting if you get stuck with it.And PK! I'm with you. My precious Elder Scrolls better not be an MMO! ******! And if it is, I better still get my non mmo games. I'd rather pay them 12.99 a month to continuously roll out new mods and lore then to shell out for an MMO. Report
April 9, 201016 yr Author comment_2460 Ugh. Having some intense issues getting MGE to work... the forum isn't really helping.I thought modding Morrowind would be easier than Oblivion. Apparently not. Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2464 You guys that are buying Morrowind or just got it should check out this List for using Morrowind in 2009. All the links are working and they are all great mods. Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2479 Ugh. Having some intense issues getting MGE to work... the forum isn't really helping.I thought modding Morrowind would be easier than Oblivion. Apparently not.Send me a PM with whats going on and maybe we can get it worked out. Report
April 10, 201016 yr comment_2584 I can't seem to get a good view distance, I keep having things disappear into a blank grey. Edit: Nevermind, I worked out I had the wrong distant land files. But the right ones slow my computer down really bad. I don't know why. I have a pretty good computer. Report
April 12, 201016 yr comment_2867 I can't seem to get a good view distance, I keep having things disappear into a blank grey. Edit: Nevermind, I worked out I had the wrong distant land files. But the right ones slow my computer down really bad. I don't know why. I have a pretty good computer.What's the specs on the computer, and what size distant land files are you generating? The distant land can vary so much, some things can bog down the computer pretty hard core. Report
April 12, 201016 yr comment_2905 What's the specs on the computer, and what size distant land files are you generating? The distant land can vary so much, some things can bog down the computer pretty hard core.It said the distant land files where about 420 mb. I've got a Core i7 920 quad processor, 6 gb of ram, and a Nvidia XFX Geforce GTX275 w/ 896 mb of memory. If that wasn't what you where asking, I've got it all written down here.heres 2 screenshots. Its the higher detail textures that slow it down, I can load more than 10 cells in front of me. Still looks nice =). (these are without texturepacks installed) Report
April 13, 201016 yr comment_3057 It said the distant land files where about 420 mb. I've got a Core i7 920 quad processor, 6 gb of ram, and a Nvidia XFX Geforce GTX275 w/ 896 mb of memory. If that wasn't what you where asking, I've got it all written down here.heres 2 screenshots. Its the higher detail textures that slow it down, I can load more than 10 cells in front of me. Still looks nice =). (these are without texturepacks installed)Yah, definitely the higher detail textures. You can generate some massive ones. The one's I normally use are around 100mbs. The larger they are the more VRAM they take up. Once the VRAM is exhausted its put into your RAM and then has to communicate between the two drastically slowing it down. Report
April 13, 201016 yr comment_3058 Edit: Nevermind. I got it, they are now 58 mb. woo! The game looks awesome now. Im still trying to get the lighting perfect but that isn't essential at the moment.Heres some screens. Click them for bigger versions. Report
April 13, 201016 yr comment_3115 thats a nice gaming rig you got there, and nice screenshots.... I don't have morrowind, but i was planning on getting it. But i still have and intel pentium 4 prescott 2.8Ghz processor. but I can play oblivion on high though now since i upgraded my video.. thanks nvidia... should i give morrowind a go before i try playing oblivion? Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.