March 8, 201610 yr comment_88776 3 hours ago, Dateranoth said: Lol. Nah, change like the link above where we can watch your stream inside the forum and soon see when you go live. All with a perty layout. Plus I'm thinking of firing up some game servers. Even ones that I let other people manage so I don't go crazy. Of course, there's always the possibility I disappear for months again. In which case, at least we have some new toys. plz don't leave again, we need to have our late night gcide parties again Report
March 8, 201610 yr comment_88778 Yes we do! I'll have to nap so I can keep up with those west coast hours though. Only on the perfect days can I stay up til 7am anymore. Haha Report
March 8, 201610 yr comment_88796 Not that I think you'd do it, but just to be 100% sure ... do not cheap out on your hammock and do not get one with wood spanners on the ends. I'd be very down to help you shop for one. Just give me a shout. Report
March 9, 201610 yr comment_88803 I own 5 of them. I've owned more than a handful and when I go to Mexico ... usually bring back 2 or 3 for gifts. I'm hammock loco, mija. Report
March 9, 201610 yr comment_88806 Damn, I had no idea you owned 5 hammocks. You keep them all up? Report
March 9, 201610 yr comment_88809 Naw. Just two. One in a stand of trees (good weather permitting) and one on the screened porch. The others are in storage ... hopefully. It's been awhile since I've seen them. lol Report
March 9, 201610 yr comment_88817 Hey guys. New forum looks great. Sorry I haven't been around lately. Some new stuff's been happening (mainly busy with classes), but I'll try to chat some more and keep you guys up to date. Do you still use the Teamspeak and whatnot? That would probably be an easier place to catch up. Report
March 10, 201610 yr comment_88819 Some of us are on TS every night. Pip, Tuna, Draco, MissThang and me. Report
March 10, 201610 yr comment_88821 Hammock master. I have the perfect setup at my new place for one outside. So it's happening this summer. Hey Kevin! Good to see you. How are your classes going? Report
March 12, 201610 yr comment_88830 You can get a single Guatemalan hammock online for around $40. I'd suggest a queen or higher, though. I'd also suggest getting mercerized cotton with UV protection if you're using it outdoors. It'll last so much longer. The ones I brought back from Mexico are just regular cotton, so when they're not in use, they're taken down. Mercerized cotton is stronger and handles washing and weather better. If your hammock is gonna stay up like in a stand of trees and is mostly shaded, you'll still want UV protected fibers as well. TL;DR Treat your hammock well and it will last you a very long time and give you some of the best times you've ever had on your back. I said "some". =] Report
March 12, 201610 yr Author comment_88831 I don't have anywhere I could put it. I live in an apt lol Report
March 12, 201610 yr comment_88832 There are hammock stands for indoor use. I don't like them, though. Hammocks are for outdoors in my mind. Report
March 12, 201610 yr comment_88833 I've seen people use the stands on porches and stuff like that. I also have seen a few people using them where they don't have a good spot to hang a hammock. Gonna have to get one now. Report
March 12, 201610 yr comment_88834 Please show me before placing your order! The absolute worst is, wanting a hammock badly, ordering one and it's a POS. I know a person who bought one on sale and it had the wood spacers at the top and bottom. Long story short, she flipped out of it and jacked up her wrist pretty badly. She will never again get into a hammock. I've tried to get her into one of mine, but she's terrified of them now. =\ Report
March 12, 201610 yr Author comment_88835 That is a silly thing to be scared of. I won't get a hammock until I have a yard sadly. Report
March 12, 201610 yr comment_88838 I'll definitely be consulting you before I buy one, PK. Probably be later this summer. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.