Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Kevnvek

Press
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kevnvek

  1. Wow that sucks. Can't use them for contests anymore.
  2. Pro is what they call the human players, as opposed to bots.
  3. You need to upgrade your damage (the gray skill at the bottom). At level 3 you get a sword, which can instantly kill pretty much any pro but the gunner or tank, and even then you only have to slice the more heavily armored pros once or twice after the grab to finish them off. Also, you do more damage grappling from behind. I think you get a one hit kill on tanks and gunners if you grab them from behind.
  4. At least we got to play earlier in the day. And I managed to get to level 35 on my first legend on Red Dead Redemption.
  5. And now I have it as well.
  6. I got Harmony of Despair and am enjoying it. It's basically a grinding game like World of Warcraft, where you grind for loot and need big parties to take down the harder dungeons. The leveling is almost entirely based on loot, with the rest of your character development being from getting and upgrading spells and abilities (the methods of which vary per character). I think it got so many bad reviews because they reviewed it as a single player game, and it's really not designed for single player. It can be really fun cooperatively with 6 people.
  7. It was a speedrunner. They do strange things just to shave off a few seconds from their completion time. Lord of Shadows does look pretty cool, and it has Hideo Kojima involved in it. I'm not a huge Castlevania fan, but I've really enjoyed the ones I've played (Symphony of the Night and Curse of Darkness).
  8. Did you know that you can click the right stick in to change the zoom level, and move the right stick to look around a bit? I think the game seems alright. Not as great as Symphony of the Night, of course, but it looks like it would be fun to play multiplayer. Single player though, is kind of tough. I couldn't beat the demo. The farthest I got was to the boss and damaged it for a good few minutes (not sure how close it was to dying).
  9. Kevnvek posted a article in Reviews
    The shooting and cover mechanics feel smooth, though the actual aiming can be a little clunky at times. Your bullets only seem to hit when the dot in the center of your reticule is directly on the enemies, not any other part of the circle, as if the gun doesn't have enough spray or is a bit too accurate. This doesn't help when all of the robots you fight throughout the game take an ungodly amount of bullets to kill unless you aim carefully for the head (but to be fair, I was playing the game on hardcore difficulty). In close quarters it's actually easier to kill with melee by simply hitting the B button near enemies, which starts a short animation. This will kill most average enemies in one hit, and most of the more heavily armored bots in three. One of the most innovative features in Dark Void is the vertical cover system. When you stand near certain ledges, you can go to a cover mode where you can jump down or climb up ledges and shoot enemies poking their heads out from above or below you. It can be very fun to move around and take cover in all directions, but I felt that this feature was not quite used often enough in the game. The game really starts to shine once you get your jetpack. At first it's a glorified glider that allows you to jump higher, but later on in the game you get a fully powered jetpack that essentially turns you into a personal fighter jet. There are two modes of flight. Hover mode let's you hover around and use your normal weapons, of which there is a decent selection of rifles, rockets, and a gravity gun that makes enemies float away helplessly. You have much more control in this mode, but it's not very fast. At the press of a button, however, you take off like a jet and fly around like Ironman. Once in this mode you can fly at high speeds attacking enemy UFOs with your jetpack's built in machine guns. You can fly up to the enemy aircraft and hijack them (with a minigame that, while fun the first couple of times, gets old very quickly) or simply commandeer allied planes. However, I didn't find using the aircraft very useful anymore after upgrading the jetpack and unlocking rockets for it. The sound quality in the game was very good, and I enjoyed most of the music in the game. There were some epic tracks that did a good job of setting the mood. A track that I particularly enjoyed was the main theme that sounds like it came out of Star Wars, which plays during one of the final aerial battles. The graphics are decent, and the scenery is very large in scale. Though most of the later flying levels look roughly the same (bottomless sky with rock pillars sticking out of it), there is some pretty grand scenery in some of the earlier jungle levels. Probably the worst thing about this game is that it doesn't have any multiplayer modes. This is a huge waste of potential as there is a lot of fun that could have been had flying around cooperatively or fighting competitively with jetpacks. It's just a very fun concept that they could have taken advantage of, which could have resulted in fun multiplayer dog fights along the lines of Crimson Skies. Tips and Tricks - Try to fully upgrade the jetpack as soon as you can afford it. The rockets you unlock with the final upgrade are incredibly useful, not to mention infinite. - Some copies seem to have a redeemable code for the golden jetpack, which was supposed to be a preorder bonus, printed on the back of the game manual. Check for this, as it will give you unlimited boost, despite it's tacky appearance. - Sometimes it's easier and safer to go to hover mode, turn, and boost off in a new direction than it is to try to use an aerial maneuver in flight mode in tight quarters or near obstacles. - The description on the "Fireworks" achievement is wrong. You need to blow up 10 enemies with grenades exploding above their heads, not blow up 10 flying enemies. - When hijacking a UFO, move to the side of it, wait until you hear the ship charging its gun to shoot you, then move back to start pulling the panel while it blasts away at nothing. Repeat this two or three times to finish the minigame more quickly. Reaction I rather enjoyed Dark Void. There is a massive amount of negativity surrounding the game that I had a hard time comprehending when playing it. Sure the game was short and had some bugs, but they weren't anything game breaking. The worst bugs I've encountered, such as being unable to use my weapon, simply required a restart to the last checkpoint (which aren't too far apart) via death. Now, one thing I should mention, is that I got this game for $10 new during a sale. For that price it was amazing, and had very easy achievements (I managed to get all 1000 points after playing it for only two days). The game is still very cheap at the moment for a title that only came out January this year, but because the game is so short, doesn't have that much replay value, and has easy gamerscore, you may want to simply rent it. It is a pretty fun game while it lasts. AudaciousKevin gives this game a respectable 7.5 out of 10!
  10. What about the AI? Have you tried setting the difficulty down and practicing on them? It's not that hard of a game if you learn the few 3 or 4 hit combos of the character you are using. Then again, playing against other human players would be pretty difficult, because they are more effective at blocking and dodging and usually can't be beaten by cheap tricks like the AI can, such as blocking until they attack, then hitting back, basically taking turns with the AI.
  11. I may have received some review codes to hold a contest with.
  12. My chances of getting this just drop drastically now that I've ordered 10 new games, but I still stand by the notion that I will get it in a Deal of the Week. I watched a bit of your stream, and it does indeed look super funny, I love when a game has good humor.
  13. Published. http://gamercide.org/
  14. The Important Stuff Let me start off by saying one thing that will blow your mind: This game plays like Bushido Blade. If you haven't played Bushido Blade, shame on you. If you have, then that last sentence may have you wondering how I could even compare the two. Allow me to explain. In Bushido Blade, most battles are won by a single, unparried strike. While you may not be able to kill your opponent in one hit in Deadliest Warrior (unless you hit them in the head just right), it only takes one or two combos to end the battle. It has the same essence of fast paced fighting. Another similarity to Bushido Blade is the damage system. Like Bushido Blade, you can damage your opponents limbs by aiming your strikes at them. For example, if you perform a mid attack and damage your opponents arm, you can stop them from using that pesky shield, two handed weapon, or projectile. But why just injure the offending limb when you can remove it altogether? Deadliest Warrior takes this even further by allowing you to perform amputations and even decapitations. That's right, you can cut your enemies' freaking heads off! While most limb removals will instantly kill a warrior, they can survive the loss of their left arm and continue swinging away with their right. There is even an amusing achievement for ending the battle like this with a finisher, entitled "Flesh Wound". The controls in the game are very simple. There are five attack buttons. High, mid, and low attacks are mapped to Y, X, and A respectively. B throws or shoots your projectile, and RB performs a character specific attack that stuns your opponent, such as a shield bash or kick. LB lets you switch to your mid range weapon. You can also block with the triggers and dodge with the right analog stick, essential moves for your survival. There are no complicated moves to memorize, as all combos only use the face buttons, and the highest combos are 4 buttons. Brutal fatalities called Finishers are as simple to perform as holding two buttons while your enemy is at critical health. There are 8 characters in the game, all from very different time periods. They are the Apache, Centurion, Knight, Ninja, Pirate, Samurai, Spartan, and Viking. While a couple of them may play very similarly, such as the Spartan and Centurion, most of the characters have a very distinctive style. Each character has a close, mid range, and long range weapon. You can unlock an alternate weapon in each category, as well as alternate armor, by playing through arcade mode and beating the mini-games therein. You can also change the color of each warrior's armor from the options in the main menu, which is a nice touch. The graphics are fairly good for an arcade game. There are some minor clipping issues, such as swords going through shields and sheaths, and some instances where having the air in front of your face stabbed is lethal, but nothing too major. On the positive side, the game does a very good job of deciding when to make your enemies limbs and head go flying. After completing the game with all characters, Challenge modes appears in the main menu. Here you can play Survival, a mode where enemies spawn one after the other in the same level without the load times or health resets in between, making it much more fun when you just want to fight several enemies. There is also a variation of Survival called Survival Slice, a mode essentially the same as Survival but with a twist: limbs fly off incredibly easily, making the mode much messier and even more entertaining. Tips and Tricks - Having trouble getting a combo in against an opponent? Get close to them and block until they attack, then unleash your combo as soon as they are done. - Projectiles can instantly end a battle if they hit the opponent in the head. - If you don't have a shield, you can't block projectiles. Dodge them to avoid damage. - You can string together combos if your opponent doesn't block fast enough. Careful, though, as having your attack blocked will stun you. Reaction Overall, Deadliest Warrior was a very pleasant surprise for me. Because it was a tie-in game for a TV show (which I have never seen, by the way), I expected a mediocre game, but what I got was something that has the essence of an amazing old PS1 fighting game. At only 800 Microsoft Points ($10), Deadliest Warrior is a steal. Sure it's no SoulCalibur or Street Fighter, but the game is excellent for the price. What's more, you can unlock Samurai armor and a Samurai helmet as avatar awards in the game, which could cost upwards of 400 Microsoft Points ($5) alone in the avatar marketplace. The game also has some fun achievements, such as Black Knight (remove all limbs from a knight) and That Was Sparta! (kill 300 Spartans). My only complaints are the small amount of maps to play on and the very annoying lack of a lobby for playing multiplayer with your friends, forcing you to leave the match entirely and start it again to change your settings, level, and character. A lobby would be relatively simple to patch in, and there may be DLC with new maps and even characters in the future, so these complaints are minor. I highly recommend Deadliest Warrior to anyone who enjoys fighting games. Even if you aren't a hardcore fighting game fan that knows how to do all the ultra combos and whatnot, the game is simple enough to get into for pretty much anyone. AudaciousKevin gives this game a 9 out of 10!
  15. Thanks, Pogre. Honestly, I've never seen the show. Maybe I should edit that into my review. What I meant when I said I thought it would be mediocre, is that most tie-in games such as movie games, turn out to be pretty lame. Also, anyone who tries the demo, be sure to go into the options from the main menu and set the difficulty to "normal". It defaults to hard for some reason.
  16. [Review] – Deadliest Warrior: The Game Developed by: Pipeworks Software Published by: Spike Games Platform: Xbox 360 (XBLA) Players: Singleplayer and Multiplayer (2 player versus, online and offline) Rated M for Mature by the ESRB Link to Purchase from Microsoft The Breakdown 8 of the fiercest warriors in history battle it out to see who the Deadliest Warrior is in this brutal fighter. The Important Stuff Let me start off by saying one thing that will blow your mind: This game plays like Bushido Blade. If you haven't played Bushido Blade, shame on you. If you have, then that last sentence may have you wondering how I could even compare the two. Allow me to explain. In Bushido Blade, most battles are won by a single, unparried strike. While you may not be able to kill your opponent in one hit in Deadliest Warrior (unless you hit them in the head just right), it only takes one or two combos to end the battle. It has the same essence of fast paced fighting. Another similarity to Bushido Blade is the damage system. Like Bushido Blade, you can damage your opponents limbs by aiming your strikes at them. For example, if you perform a mid attack and damage your opponents arm, you can stop them from using that pesky shield, two handed weapon, or projectile. But why just injure the offending limb when you can remove it altogether? Deadliest Warrior takes this ever further by allowing you to perform amputations and even decapitations. That's right, you can cut your enemies' freaking heads off! While most limb removals will instantly kill a warrior, they can survive the loss of their left arm and continue swinging away with their right. There is even an amusing achievement for ending the battle like this with a finisher, entitled "Flesh Wound". The controls in the game are very simple. There are five attack buttons. High, mid, and low attacks are mapped to Y, X, and A respectively. B throws or shoots your projectile, and RB performs a character specific attack that stuns your opponent, such as a shield bash or kick. LB lets you switch to your mid range weapon. You can also block with the triggers and dodge with the right analog stick, essential moves for your survival. There are no complicated moves to memorize, as all combos only use the face buttons, and the highest combos are 4 buttons. Brutal fatalities called Finishers are as simple to perform as holding two buttons while your enemy is at critical health. There are 8 characters in the game, all from very different time periods. They are the Apache, Centurion, Knight, Ninja, Pirate, Samurai, Spartan, and Viking. While a couple of them may play very similarly, such as the Spartan and Centurion, most of the characters have a very distinctive style. Each character has a close, mid range, and long range weapon. You can unlock an alternate weapon in each category, as well as alternate armor, by playing through arcade mode and beating the mini-games therein. You can also change the color of each warrior's armor from the options in the main menu, which is a nice touch. The graphics are fairly good for an arcade game. There are some minor clipping issues, such as swords going through shields and sheaths, and some instances where having the air in front of your face stabbed is lethal, but nothing too major. On the positive side, the game does a very good job of deciding when to make your enemies limbs and head go flying. After completing the game with all characters, Challenge modes appears in the main menu. Here you can play Survival, a mode where enemies spawn one after the other in the same level without the load times or health resets in between, making it much more fun when you just want to fight a bunch of enemies. There is also a variation of Survival called Survival Slice, a mode essentially the same as Survival but with a twist: limbs fly off incredibly easily, making the mode much messier and even more entertaining. Tips and Tricks - Having trouble getting a combo in against an opponent? Get close to them and block until they attack, then unleash your combo as soon as they are done. - Projectiles can instantly end a battle if they hit the opponent in the head. - If you don't have a shield, you can't block projectiles. Dodge them to avoid damage. - You can string together combos if your opponent doesn't block fast enough. Careful, though, as having your attack blocked will stun you. Reaction Overall, Deadliest Warrior was a very pleasant surprise for me. Because it was a tie-in game for a TV show (which I have never seen, by the way), I expected a mediocre game, but what I got was something that has the essence of an amazing old PS1 fighting game. At only 800 Microsoft Points ($10), Deadliest Warrior is a steal. Sure it's no SoulCalibur or Street Fighter, but the game is excellent for the price. What's more, you can unlock Samurai armor and a Samurai helmet as avatar awards in the game, which could cost upwards of 400 Microsoft Points ($5) alone in the avatar marketplace. The game also has some fun achievements, such as Black Knight (remove all limbs from a knight) and That Was Sparta! (kill 300 Spartans). My only complaints are the small amount of maps to play on and the very annoying lack of a lobby for playing multiplayer with your friends, forcing you to leave the match entirely and start it again to change your settings, level, and character. A lobby would be relatively simple to patch in, and there may be DLC with new maps and even characters in the future, so these complaints are minor. I highly recommend Deadliest Warrior to anyone who enjoys fighting games. Even if you aren't a hardcore fighting game fan that knows how to do all the ultra combos and whatnot, the game is simple enough to get into for pretty much anyone. AudaciousKevin gives this game a 9 out of 10! Written by: AudaciousKevin on July 19, 2010.
  17. It seems alright. Price is a little high, especially when I got Deadliest Warrior for 800 points, but I'd probably get it if it appears in a Deal of the Week or something in a few months. Seems pretty funny, with decent gameplay.
  18. Got it, and love it. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes fighting games. The game is AWESOME, and it's only 800 MS Points. Having played all of the characters, I think I like the Viking the most.
  19. I actually really liked it. The demo fails by putting the difficulty to Hard by default, so frustrated players may not give it a chance because they didn't find the difficulty settings in the options, but once you switch to normal and get the hang of it, it's actually pretty fun. I may get it. Are you, Chris? We could have Pirate vs. Ninja battles. I like the simple controls, and though some may not like it, I really love how the characters take realistic damage, and the battles can be won in only a few hits. It's reminds me of Bushido Blade, which was awesome. In Bushido Blade, most battles are won with a single, unparried hit though. If you rush with the ninja and do a XXYY combo you can pretty much win the battle with just that unless it's dodged or block. Ends the battle with a nice kick to the face. If you get it, I guess I may have more reason to. The achievements are awesome as well. Kill 300 Spartans, chop all the limbs off of the knight, and win with one arm as the knight. 300 and Monty Python and the Holy Grail ftw! I was watching Fatalshott rage to the game yesterday. lol
  20. Kevnvek replied to Towncryer's topic in Microsoft
    I never really had an interest in Puzzle Quest. When I tried the trial for the first one I was lured in by it's jRPG look, but turned off to it when it turned out to be matching colors and shapes or something. lol
  21. This looks very neat. I have a lot of Arcade games and like getting good new ones (especially on Deal of the Week). I will most certainly use this, and recommend many of the games that I have. I kind of like how it has a retro Obox look, too. It looks somewhat like the Obox dashboard.
  22. If you enjoyed Shadow Complex so much you will almost certainly enjoy Castlevania, as it has the same Metroid style gameplay. I'm pretty sure the game is bigger, too.
  23. It is available right now if you want to start the download so it will download in the background (with the console off) and be done when you get home. Get MvC2 as well! lol
  24. For 560 points ($7), yes I would recommend it. If you're a fan of Metroid style gameplay, a sidescrolling shooter with hidden collectibles, you'd probably like it. And the graphics are some of the best you'll see in an XBLA game.
  25. Also, here is the deal of the week for the week of E3: from http://360junkies.co...p=8873#post8873 The rest will apparently drop in price from June 16 to the 22nd, called the "E3 Inventory Blowout" lol. They have to get rid of that surplus digital content somehow! I urge anyone who likes fighting games to get Marvel vs. Capcom 2, the game is awesome and totally worth 560 MS points, and it would be awesome to have more people to play it with.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.