October 13, 201411 yr comment_85300 No glory here. Waiting to see if this is any good before throwing money at it. Not made by Gearbox, so I'm gonna let everyone else be the guinea pigs. lolSome regions are unlocked already and playing it here in NA via vpn. Its basically more of the same. Just add new enemies and lots of new stuff. Seems the basic game-play is the same as BL2. I'd venture to say on the surface you'd like it pk. However you've played the previous 2 games a lot more than me, and are very familiar with the mechanics. So take my recommendation with a grain-of-salt . Report
October 14, 201411 yr Author comment_85301 I'm worried about the gimmicky aspects. Resource management (oxygen) and super jumps via your oxygen tanks. Report
October 14, 201411 yr comment_85302 I'm worried about the gimmicky aspects. Resource management (oxygen) and super jumps via your oxygen tanks.Haven't had much of a chance to play yet. I'm just at the part where oxygen becomes an issue. The prologue was pretty fun though. A few places pulled my performance down considerably. below link is to one of the reviews so-far. They have it a 3.5/5. http://www.joystiq.com/2014/10/13/borderlands-the-pre-sequel-review-you-dont-know-jack/ Report
October 14, 201411 yr Author comment_85303 Thanks for the link. Kind of verifies my worries about the game. I'll get it, but once it goes on sale on Steam. Report
October 14, 201411 yr Author comment_85305 Yeah, glad I held out on this. Currently watching Tuna play in his stream while in TS with him and another friend who is playing it. All three of us agree this could have been a DLC. In fact, all the fans wanted a moonbase DLC in the BL2 timeline. Not before it. Ah well. I'll still pick it up when it goes on sale. Report
October 14, 201411 yr comment_85306 I'll have to wait until you get it before I do. lol. If PK doesn't approve of Borderlands it isn't one I want to play for sure. Report
October 14, 201411 yr Author comment_85307 If it had a Siren, I would have bought it on day one. Seriously. lol Report
October 14, 201411 yr Author comment_85310 The Claptrap's skill is almost random, but it's based on co-op players around you, enemies, your health, shields etc. So, he might pull off the Gunzerker's skill, Siren's, Hypo nealing needle, Rubber Ducky (reflect bullets and bounce all the time) etc. That's the closest I'll get to another Siren in this game and it makes me a little sad. Report
October 15, 201411 yr comment_85324 I'm lonely playing it, gonna buy it for my bae so we can co-op <3 Report
October 16, 201411 yr comment_85329 I kinda like this easter egg. EDIT: I placed it in spoiler tags just in case but it's just a monster you have to kill during a side quest. Report
October 16, 201411 yr comment_85340 They really do cram as much references as posible. Side mission once again I missed the last part of the sentence on screenshot but was "screw you toby van Adobe, you've got my only soap". Report
October 17, 201411 yr comment_85344 So apparently there's an already completed 5th character locked in the data files. Idk but I have a problem with completed content behind locked behind a pay wall. Report
October 19, 201411 yr comment_85350 I haven't had a chance to play too much, but I am enjoying it so far. It's just different enough from BL2 to keep me playing. Yes, same engine, mechanics (for the most part) etc. etc. But it is still pretty fun. Would I have preferred a DLC within the continuity of BL2 instead, almost cetainly. Do I regret getting what they did give, not at all. Watching the trailers, and listening to coverage before release, I was concerned about the O2 and how lower gravity would affect game play (will it be to floaty? etc.) but after playing for a few hours it really doesn't detract from the gameplay, but adds a level of resource management, but not to a large or unnecessary degree (all IMHO, of course) when it comes to DLC on disc, I don't like the practice, do I understand why it is done, yes. It all comes down to how it is handled. they have stated that all ( ALL ) DLC will be covered under the Season Pass, as opposed to the hot mess BL2's DLC was, so whether freezing the development at such a point where a dlc character is on the disc, or released later, as long as they stick with their statement, I don't much care. ...well, that was longer than I anticipated...anyway, I'm liking it so far, it's good to discover a game for the first time, and get to know it. If you are playing it, and want some company, drop me a line. Report
October 26, 201411 yr comment_85375 not much play-time, spending lots of time playing shadows of mordor. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.