June 28, 201016 yr comment_12391 Good stuff man. My upload is crap. I can't even break 1 meg usually. I hate living in an apartment with old wiring. Report
June 28, 201016 yr Author comment_12405 Thanks chris, i'm usually not one to brag... but i just moved and got this, i used to have a 6 mb connection Report
June 28, 201016 yr comment_12437 I took mine down a notch to shave a few bucks off the bill, but still not bad. Report
June 28, 201016 yr comment_12451 This is on my laptop over a Wireless-G connection. Not too shabby. Report
June 29, 201016 yr comment_12482 I took mine down a notch to shave a few bucks off the bill, but still not bad. Holy crap upload... Report
June 29, 201016 yr comment_12484 This is about twice as good as my connection usually is...It is about half that during the day. Report
June 29, 201016 yr comment_12512 Not too bad, especially considering that I'm not the one who pays for it. At best I can get about 600kbps download speeds and 80kbps upload speeds.I don't understand why they say your DL speeds are a few megabytes per second when you usually get like 1/10th that, although I am on a wireless connection with a couple other devices usually connected to the router. Report
June 29, 201016 yr comment_12531 Wireless on campus.I want this connection for my apartment connection. Report
June 29, 201016 yr comment_12538 Not too bad, especially considering that I'm not the one who pays for it. At best I can get about 600kbps download speeds and 80kbps upload speeds.I don't understand why they say your DL speeds are a few megabytes per second when you usually get like 1/10th that, although I am on a wireless connection with a couple other devices usually connected to the router.It's a few MegaBits per second that they are selling you. Your actual download speed (600kbps) is reflected in MegaBytes.. actually kilobytes in your case. Roughly 8 bits in a byte. Report
June 29, 201016 yr comment_12543 It's a few MegaBits per second that they are selling you. Your actual download speed (600kbps) is reflected in MegaBytes.. actually kilobytes in your case. Roughly 8 bits in a byte.Ahh well that makes sense then, that it's measured in bits. Seems pretty pointless, shouldn't bits only be used to measure units smaller than one byte? Saying 5.15 Megabits is like saying 5.15 kilodecimeters lol. Report
June 29, 201016 yr comment_12554 Pretty crazy that your download speed improved from a greater distance. That server must be better quality than the first one you tested from. Report
June 29, 201016 yr comment_12556 Either that, or the time of day. When I posted the first one, it was more during a peak time. Report
June 29, 201016 yr comment_12566 I think its servers, too. I did a test from 50 miles out, and it was weaker than the 150 mile one. The server says "FiberInternet Center". Report
July 9, 201016 yr comment_13198 This is the fastest internet I've ever had. Im happy with it. woo! Report
July 9, 201016 yr comment_13213 This is the fastest internet I've ever had. Im happy with it. woo! Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.