June 21, 201016 yr comment_11816 Just bought the first one since I have never played it...Should be a few days before I get it in the mail. Report
June 21, 201016 yr comment_11818 Its a great game, you'll find collecting the agility orbs insanely addicting. There's something about them that makes you want to grab em all. Report
June 21, 201016 yr comment_11819 Impressive ascent, agent, few people have ever reached heights of this magnitude. Report
June 27, 201016 yr comment_12320 Nice, you may need to find someone to stomp around with for the full awesomeness... Report
June 28, 201016 yr Author comment_12363 If you add me, I'll play with you. x ForensicsWill do! Report
July 5, 201016 yr comment_12952 Reviews are coming in today. Not liking what I'm seeing.http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/07/crackdown-2-review-1.arshttp://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/05/review-crackdown-2/There are plenty of smaller sites who wrote favorable reviews, but these two validated what I already thought.Hate to say it, but it looks like I'm passing. Report
July 5, 201016 yr comment_12955 Reviews are coming in today. Not liking what I'm seeing.http://arstechnica.c...-2-review-1.arshttp://www.joystiq.c...ew-crackdown-2/There are plenty of smaller sites who wrote favorable reviews, but these two validated what I already thought.Hate to say it, but it looks like I'm passing.So it's a bit buggy and the missions are kind of repetitive. That doesn't bother me much because Crackdown was never really about the story, it's more about making your own destructive fun, in my opinion. And Too Human was probably glitchier than Crackdown 2, and I enjoyed that game. So Crackdown 2 sort of looks like Prototype, very fun but buggy and somewhat repetitive. I enjoyed Prototype, so I can handle Crackdown 2's shortcomings.Come on, PK, you have to get it, just for the 4 player co-op. The mission structure has nothing to do with the fun that can be had with four agents terrorizing the city. Report
July 5, 201016 yr comment_12959 Naw. All you do, is secure beacons. There are no gang leaders or boss fights.Even leveling up is super easy now. Just drive, punch, shoot/explode mutants at night. They're in the streets, by the hundreds.There's 2 player co-op in the first one, with the things that I like. Maybe when everyone trades in their copies, I'll pick it up cheap. I'm not paying full price for this. Report
July 5, 201016 yr comment_12962 Maybe when everyone trades in their copies, I'll pick it up cheap. I'm not paying full price for this.Same here. Already had my pre-order paid off, but I'm going to move it to something else. Report
July 5, 201016 yr comment_12969 Im not even sure im going to get the game at all now. It sounds like its just a pain to play at all by yourself, and in one case you just plain out can't complete something due to poor design. I would most likely still play co-op to, but if the single player has taken a major hit because of it, im just not going to bother at all. Report
July 6, 201016 yr comment_12992 Well, I'm still going in 2 hours and 30 minutes to pick up the game once the store opens and play it for a bit and go to bed FINALLY. So, I'll let you guys know what I think of it...if you want? Report
July 6, 201016 yr comment_13004 Definitely, man. I always like to hear my friends reactions about games. Report
July 7, 201016 yr comment_13041 Well, I'm going to be a little short.Game is way better than the firstLonger than the first (pretty sure)Online 4 player co-op was a must, and it lives up to being awesomeOnline matchmaking = solid. Haven't had a laggy game yet, although it's very HARD to kill or do goodGraphics with gamma turned up = much better than the firstFUTURE DLC LOOKS TO ALREADY BE MADE NAMED: DELUGE TOYBOX (I was looking at my avatar awards and saw these two items with it saying (Deluge or Toybox Add-on Only)I haven't beaten the game yetFlying helicopters = rapeAgility Renegade orbs can piss you the f off!New future on the d-pad (pressing up) to find orbs around you is a gift from god. Report
July 7, 201016 yr comment_13050 What about difficulty while playing alone? And are the missions really just the beacon ones and strongeholds? Report
July 7, 201016 yr comment_13068 http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/2010/07/copies-of-crackdown-found-in-crackdown-2-cases.html#more-51031=] Report
July 8, 201016 yr comment_13077 Yeah, it seems like you guys are being pretty hard on the game because of what others have said, without having tried it yourselves yet. You could at least rent it or watch some streams of it, and base your decision on that. Report
July 8, 201016 yr comment_13078 I have watched streams of it. I've also listened to my friends who have a weeks worth of playtime on it. It gets redundant and old. They could have done so much more with it.Listen. I love Crackdown. I wanted 2 to be great. I honestly did. It's just not. Report
July 8, 201016 yr comment_13079 In fact, ask Assassin sometime about the game. He's had the game early for nearly a week. Report
July 11, 201016 yr comment_13339 This game is awesome. There really is barely any story to speak of, but that's not really the point of the game. It's hella fun causing chaos with the new weapons and abilities. One of the best new features, I think, though it may not seem like much, is the ability to locate nearby orbs on the minimap by pressing up on the D-Pad. It works like sonar and shows them for a split second. And once an orb is collected, it shows up on the map, which will be really nice when you look at a map online to see which ones you still need.One thing that really really disappoints me, but actually isn't that major (especially since there are helicopters now), is that they forgot to put the sound effect in for the Agency SUV's suction. You can still reset the suction while you are on a wall, but you have to judge it by timing alone, there is no sound that plays when it's about to come off. This makes climbing tall buildings with the SUV nearly impossible now. Report
July 14, 201016 yr comment_13716 Also, for people who have beat it...anyone thinking of a 3rd game? Report
July 14, 201016 yr comment_13722 Also, for people who have beat it...anyone thinking of a 3rd game? For sure. There's no doubt in my mind there will be a Crackdown 3. The ending was proof, plus it did pretty decent in the sales department. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.