March 10, 201313 yr Author comment_72668 http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/mainmenu/products/capture-convert/GameCaptureHD.en.html Report
March 10, 201313 yr comment_72670 I've heard good things about it too, but I haven't used it myself. I think it's compatible with OBS so it should work well. Report
March 17, 201313 yr Author comment_72993 To talk while live streaming, is a fancy audio mixer required? Report
March 17, 201313 yr comment_72994 I don't have one. I just choose my soundcard for input into Open Broadcaster and people can hear me in the stream. Report
March 17, 201313 yr comment_72997 Yeah. I forgot you'd be streaming via a capture card on console. Report
March 17, 201313 yr comment_73007 It depends what you are using. Supported capture cards can have their audio captured directly through OBS. So then you can use your mic port for voice. Report
March 18, 201313 yr Author comment_73024 http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/mainmenu/products/capture-convert.en.html Looking through there a bit...what do you make of those? I'm a bit of a noob as far as telling which specific features each has. And yeah PK...I'm planning on fiddling with both PC and console. Just trying to get my bearings as far as the capture card. Report
March 18, 201313 yr comment_73028 The game capture HD is suppose to be compatible with both OBS and XSplit. From all I've read it's a really good capture card. Should natively capture game audio too. So you will have the mic port free to use. Report
March 18, 201313 yr comment_73029 I don't know if it's all one Elgato software program or not, but a buddy of mine uses it and the hardware to cast to Twitch. One downside I've seen so far is, the software will not track frame loss. Pretty big thing to passover, too. That is what tells the caster their cast isn't going as planned. Report
March 18, 201313 yr comment_73036 It works with XSplit directly now and I think OBS. You don't have to use their software to stream. Though, I'm not 100% sure if the hardware encoding works with both or not. Report
March 19, 201313 yr Author comment_73047 Okay...what's OBS? You lost me with that term and it isn't Googling well. lol Report
March 20, 201313 yr comment_73082 OBS is free. XSplit isn't. If the Elgato works with OBS, which I'm pretty sure it does, I'd go that route. Report
March 21, 201313 yr Author comment_73127 Thanks. Hopefully getting this set up soon. Sorry for all the annoying questions, thanks for being patient and helping me. Report
March 26, 201313 yr Author comment_73336 Couple more things (if you don't mind), Is there a big difference between OBS and XSplit? Would it be more worth it to pay for XSplit personal or does OBS offer the same or similar features? And also if you have any recommendations for a decent microphone. I don't need anything top of the line but also not something completely dinky. Also, I'm not sure if it's possible, but are there options for a mic that would work for both live streaming on a PC and with a console, and/or recording over recorded gameplay. Thanks Report
March 26, 201313 yr comment_73338 I would start with OBS. There are a few differences, but as long as OBS works for you it's not worth paying for XSplit. Especially since it's subscription based. Here's a mic that should work for both: http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364305680&sr=8-1&keywords=clip+on+mic Report
March 28, 201313 yr Author comment_73415 Thanks For that mic...is it a standalone mic or do I need a headset. Like if I had headphones, plug that into my headphones jack, and the mic into the mic jack, is that how it's supposed to work? Report
March 28, 201313 yr comment_73418 It clips onto a headset, but you could also clip it onto a shirt for example. And yeah, plugs right into the mic jack. Report
March 30, 201313 yr Author comment_73562 Just placed an order for that mic. Do you think it would be fairly simple to stream from PC using that mic and OBS (which I downloaded the other day as well)? Been tinkering with OBS. I've managed to get it set up to the point where the PC window I want to capture appears perfectly. What I'm tryig to figure out is...how can I set it up so that for the game audio I could use the sound from the game itself (which would be the stereo mix I believe) and capture my audio from the mic. Stereo mix and the mic both appear as microphones/auxiliary devices and it only lets you select one. Report
March 30, 201313 yr comment_73574 If you have vista or 7 or 8 then you won't need stereo mix. Set your mic device as the mic and OBS will capture the game sound straight from windows. Report
March 31, 201313 yr Author comment_73600 Awesome, thanks. By the time my mic comes in this week, and I have an evening off, hopefully I can set up a test stream at least, and if it works possibly stream for a bit. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.