Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Live Streaming Question

Featured Replies

So I've been fiddling around with the live streaming to Twitch feature in Black Ops 2. I bought some cables, hooked up both my laptop and Xbox directly to my router to reduce wireless latency. Either way, and even if I completely disconnect my laptop so the ONLY thing connected directly to my network is my Xbox, I still get this crappy lagging stream that always says "buffering".

 

http://www.twitch.tv/bollweevil12/b/372766852

 

EDIT: Can't figure out how to send the exact link, but if you go to the channel it's the most recent video, around 8 minutes long. 

 

 

I wasn't going for gameplay, I was just fiddling around. As I know some of you are really good with this, so I was wondering...do I really have THAT bad of an internet speed...I'm guessing I have around the same high-speed cable internet most of you guys would have. Is there a better way to do it, or is the live streaming feature just complete crap through the game's end?

 

Thanks for any help :)

  • Replies 51
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you need at least 2 mbps upload, thats the absolute minimum cause the bit rate needs to be set at around 1300 for a some what smooth experience, if you want really smooth lag free cast, it needs to be 1800 or higher, mines set at 2500. The buffer and max bit rate should be the same.

 

Every 1 mbps upload counts as 1000 bit rate, so if you have 3 mbps download, you need to set it around 1500. Just experiment with the numbers and youll hit a sweet spot. 

 

 

You can test your speed at www.speedtest.net

 

edit: yep i ment upload haha, sometimes i derp

  • Author

Okay so...I'm a bit lost at what you just said haha. Here's my results from there:

 

2544198742.png

 

As far as actual configuring Network settings, I don't know much about. The live stream feature doesn't have any options whatsoever. On the game, it's literally...live stream on/off. Camera on/off. Send to Facebook/Twitter. That's it.

Well you have plenty of internet, if your lagging using the cod thing, its probably the service or something. You might have to google and see if anybody has the same problem, but if you can, stream with a capture card and open broadcaster, that is if you have a desktop and not a laptop. Using programs built into the game to stream usually turns out bad, just like the planetside 2 one :|

  • Author

I dunno...that's what I don't get. I don't have a desktop, just my laptop. It's not a supercharged one but it's pretty darn good for pretty much everything I've needed, is that making a difference? Like I said the 360s hooked straight to the router. So I don't know.

 

As far as a capture card, it's something I'm working on but again I have little knowledge on how to set it up. I was just trying to figure out if this was something on my network's end, something I can fix, or would getting a capture card potentially fix the issue completely?

  • Author

Thanks guys. Yeah the feature has been super buggy in general. Took a whole game update for them to actually get it to work at all for lots of people that were having issues.

 

So you think an HD capture device would make live streaming more accessible? Any good ones you'd recommend?

you cant get capture cards for laptops but you can get external capture cards, they dont do super high quality but its quality non the less. If you want a capture card, youll need to have a desktop and if you dont have a desktop a good cheap one these days are 500 bucks, to build. If your serious about streaming and like it, then a desktop would be a very good investment.

  • Author

I don't have any USB 3.0 on my computer. And quite simply I don't have enough at this point in time to get another PC. There are no other options? What about the one PK posted....also, I haven't looked into the specs yet, but I've heard the HD PVR 2 is good (albeit it is extremely pricey)?

 

Sorry and thanks

i think 3.0 is backwards compatible? Sure youll lose speeds and quality, but i have no idea how much of a difference it makes. There seems to be guides on how to stream with the HD PVR 2, so it might be a good choice. You will have to research and google around to find one that fits your needs. I looked around for a little and the HD PVR looks pretty good although the price makes me iffy.

  • Author

As far as...this is what the site says for the model I have.

 

 

 

Operating System
  • Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Physical Specification
  • 367.9 x 243 x 27.1 ~ 33mm (14.4" x 9.5" x 1.06" ~ 1.29")
  • 2.3kg (5.07lbs)
Storage
  • 500GB S-ATAⅡ Hard Drive (5400RPM)
  • Super Multi Dual Layer
Communication
  • 10 / 100 / 1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
  • 802.11 bg/n 1x1 (up to 150Mbps)
  • Bluetooth 3.0
Security
  • Norton Internet Security (60-day Trial)
  • Kensington Lock Slot
  • Samsung Recovery Solution
Processor Graphic
  • Intel® HD Graphics 3000
  • Shared with System Memory
Main Chipset
  • Intel HM65
I/O Port
  • VGA available
  • HDMI available
  • Headphone-out
  • Mic-in available
  • Internal Mic available
  • 3 USB 2.0
  • 4-in-1 (SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC)
  • RJ45 (LAN) available
  • DC-In (Power Port) available
Power
  • 60 Watt
    40 Watt
  • 6 Cell (48Wh)
Display
  • 15.6" HD LED Display (1366 x 768), Anti-Reflective
Memory
  • 4GB DDR3 System Memory at 1333MHz (4GB x 1)
  • 2 DIMM Slots
Multimedia
  • HD Audio
  • SoundAlive™
  • 3W Stereo Speaker (1.5W x 2)
  • Web Camera
Input Device
  • 103 Key
    104 Key
Software
  • OS DVD
    System S/W Media
  • Easy Partition Manager
    Adobe Acrobat Reader
    Samsung Support Center
    Microsoft Office Starter 2010 
    WildTangent Game Console 
    Windows Live
    Norton Online Backup (30-day Trial)
    Cyberlink Media Suite 
    Control Center
    Easy Migration

 

  • Author

Ok. Thanks for the help. I'm a bit a noob at this...I made an attempt at it a long time ago but went about it the wrong way and now I actually want to do it right so any help is appreciated.

 

I'm looking to get one probably within the next month, at the absolute latest.

  • Author

One last thing...was looking at that link and also this one:

 

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr2-gaming.html

 

It talks a lot about how you need to hook it up to your PC to save the video, edit, etc. Would this also be usable for live streaming? I wouldn't probably be doing live streaming at first, but still would be helpful to know if I can do it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.