February 14, 201313 yr comment_71450 Don't let this day get you down. It's just a Thursday like last ones was. Plus, having a relationship isn't going to be the thing that makes one happy. You got to provide that for yourself. Report
February 15, 201313 yr comment_71451 That's not much of the issue... In all honestly I just don't see the point. If you love someone it shouldn't be reserved for just one day when media and marketing says you should by flowers and chocolates. The advertising drives me insane and people just seem to fixate on the fact that if they screw this day up they are not loved anymore just because that is what media, advertisers, and culture want you to think. It's an excuse for stores to sell a bunch a flowers and chocolates. I just think the holiday is stupid. Call me a scrooge.. that's fine, but it's isn't the calender's job to say when to love someone. You should love someone all the time, make that special day on some random Tuesday or something for just no good reason instead of when the calendar, culture, media, or advertisers say you should. Sure "Single's Awareness Day" may get to me a little bit and hit a small nerve, but I believe at least some of what I said above is true. Hell, I just want it to be February 15th... Sorry if I ruined this thread. Report
February 15, 201313 yr comment_71452 February 14th. Get drunk and jerk it day. February 15th. Cheap candy day. I love this time of the year. Report
February 15, 201313 yr comment_71461 Dislike the day if you want, just don't shit on someone else's mirth and joy if they DO enjoy the day. I hate people who, single or in a relationship, rain all over other people's parades because they're miserable or disagree. I've had plenty of single Valentine's Days and plenty of TERRIBLE Valentine's days while in a relationship (read: actually terrible, not "omigawd i didn't get flowahs") and not once did I go "I wish everyone else was unhappy too! blagahagsh! Consumerism!" I do agree you should love your SO just as much every day, but I see nothing in wrong with going out of your way on one day to do something extra nice. It's like complaining about anniversaries. edit: adding big ridiculous happy picture to offset ranty post. Sorry, my FB feed has been filled with people today being assholes to each other. Report
February 15, 201313 yr comment_71462 Seen a few on Twitter that are fed up with people complaining. That's Twitter for you, though. Got an emotion? Go share it with complete strangers! lol Report
February 15, 201313 yr comment_71464 It's not just about making the person/people you love feel special. It's the one day to spread love to others and not feel weird about it. Randomly hand someone you know a flower and see how happy they seem for you just acknowledging it. Did it to a few of the full on downer ladies at work today...Was awesome Report
February 15, 201313 yr comment_71466 Damn GG, that's tamer than I was expecting. Awesome, but tame.Oh, I forgot. Love you guys. All of you. Even you Sky...I'd full on mouth kiss you if I could. Tongue and all. No homo of course... Report
February 15, 201313 yr comment_71469 That's why I said GG is coming, so everyone would be all like "ooooooh shit" then i decided to surprise everyone. Report
February 15, 201313 yr comment_71471 Yeah... social media and advertising only kind of fuels my dislike for the day. I don't want to rain on anyone else's parade but sometimes with all the crap people will sometimes post on Facebook for days like today it just bugs the crap out of me. I wish people would just keep some stuff to themselves. I probably should have just done the same so apologies if I overreacted a little bit. Hope everyone had a good vday. Love ya guys Report
February 15, 201313 yr comment_71474 That's not creepy at all. Lol Just one of the millions of lucky shots people have gotten in skyrim Report
February 15, 201313 yr comment_71477 I just snorted so hard I think one of my eyes burst a blood vessel, holy shit. Way to go PK. And I totally get not liking the advertising btw. I think it's ridiculous, and I can't wait for the pink to go. But I just hate the people who harp on others who buy chocolates or flowers for today. If they want to, let 'em. I just see it as CHEAP CANDY TOMORROW AWWWW YEAH Report
February 15, 201313 yr comment_71481 I acc deleated 8 people due to the sicking post of today. Nothing wrong with a littlle love and stuff. But damn after the 10th post of how great my boyfriend is or what im going to do to you tonight....enough. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.