June 11, 201016 yr comment_10812 Can someone tell me if they can hear the audio and how it is...I have been trying to get this to work and I may have got it...\http://www.justin.tv/skylark95atc#sid=29 Report
June 11, 201016 yr Author comment_10815 sweet thanks... I just hooked up the gamecube really quick to get stuff working. Report
June 11, 201016 yr Author comment_10817 LOL, sureI could play a few levels if you would like me to. Report
June 11, 201016 yr comment_10818 as i just put in stream chat, video gets choppy when there is fast movement.EDIT: Not choppy as in skipping frames, but the picture gets distorted and gets cut up into horizontal lines. Report
June 11, 201016 yr Author comment_10819 as i just put in stream chat, video gets choppy when there is fast movement.I noticed that too... i'm going to have to work with dat to get things working. Report
June 11, 201016 yr Author comment_10822 Well that turned out to be a little more than a test... lol Report
June 11, 201016 yr comment_10823 lol yup, i was hoping you would still be on when i got back but, oh well Report
June 11, 201016 yr Author comment_10824 lol yup, i was hoping you would still be on when i got back but, oh wellI'm going to see if I get get it to capture on my pc in a bit... Report
June 11, 201016 yr Author comment_10828 ya... it is being screwy right now...and i got it working Report
June 11, 201016 yr comment_10837 Checked out your captures on JTV and they look pretty good. I noticed it's getting choppy during some stages, but you can easily fix that by tweaking the bit rate and capture settings in FME. Report
June 11, 201016 yr Author comment_10842 Other than the choppyness problem, the other think that was bothering me was that I had to play the game my watching through a small window on my monitor... when I changed the resolution of the window, it didn't fit in the JTV stream so I just played from a small window.What I probably need to look into is some kind of splitter so I could play on my tv and steam to my pc at the same time. Report
June 11, 201016 yr Author comment_10844 Another question... do they make such a thing as an a/v splitter?I want to try and do something like this... Report
June 11, 201016 yr comment_10861 Another question... do they make such a thing as an a/v splitter?I want to try and do something like this...Yeah, you need this:http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10422&cs_id=1042205&p_id=2899&seq=1&format=2That's a component spitter, but you're best off just going ahead and buying it. If you're using just single composite you would just use one jack of the splitter. To split the audio you would need an audio splitter. Something like this:http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10401&cs_id=1040107&p_id=326&seq=1&format=2You'd need two of them and then extra cables for both, but you should get the idea.Otherwise, if you want to play on your monitor you can change the resolution then use VHScreenCapture to resize it to a suitable size for JTV. Report
June 11, 201016 yr Author comment_10865 I have an audio splitter already but I may look into that component splitter. Or I may just take your advise and play of the monitor since that would be just as easy.Thanks again. Report
June 11, 201016 yr Author comment_10866 Otherwise, if you want to play on your monitor you can change the resolution then use VHScreenCapture to resize it to a suitable size for JTV.I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this.... I thought I knew what you meant but the output is still too large. Report
June 11, 201016 yr comment_10869 Explain to me exactly how you are streaming? What steps are you going through? Report
June 12, 201016 yr Author comment_10903 I tried again this morning and may have gotten it to work.I ran an hdmi cable from my pc to my tv and extended the display like so...Then I opened multicam studio and dragged that over to my tv, then loaded justin tv, opened screen capture, selected the area on my tv, then got this as the video...http://www.justin.tv/skylark95atc/b/265150610#r=gBIMR4Q~&s=lihttp://www.justin.tv/skylark95atc#r=gBIMR4Q~&s=em' rel="external nofollow">Anything I can do to improve, or did i do it right? Report
June 12, 201016 yr comment_10908 Looking great. You've probably made the window as big as you can get it without stretching the display so the size is fine. I would suggest, however, that you check the deinterlace option in Flash Media Encoder. That should get rid of the tearing you see during fast motion.Also, if you're using VHScreenCapture to resize the image I suggest setting it to the size you want FMLE to send to JTV. That will provide the best performance. In other words, only one program is resizing the image instead of both. Report
June 12, 201016 yr Author comment_10909 Looking great. You've probably made the window as big as you can get it without stretching the display so the size is fine. I would suggest, however, that you check the deinterlace option in Flash Media Encoder. That should get rid of the tearing you see during fast motion.Also, if you're using VHScreenCapture to resize the image I suggest setting it to the size you want FMLE to send to JTV. That will provide the best performance. In other words, only one program is resizing the image instead of both.I don't think I have flash media encoder actually... I'll install that now.And what do you mean by setting the size to FMLE? Report
June 12, 201016 yr Author comment_10910 I may have to have you help with with this flash media encoder... I opened it up and am a little confused what to do...Anyways, I have to leave to go somewhere so I am going to have to quit working on this for now. Thanks for you help so far. Report
June 12, 201016 yr comment_10911 I don't think I have flash media encoder actually... I'll install that now.And what do you mean by setting the size to FMLE?Ah, you're just using the direct Broadcast button on the JTV site right? Flash Media Encoder is a program that allows you to tweak the bitrate, etc of your stream and stream without going to JTV everytime.Here's the Wiki on it:http://community.jus...h_Media_EncoderPretty simple to use once you've set it up right. Also, with FME I can help you set up a batch file that can streamline the broadcasting process.What I mean by setting it to the same size is this: Once FME is installed you'll have an input size listed. This is limited by the capabilities of FME, so you have to match one of those. What I mean is you might as well have VHScreenCapture resize it to the closest size you plan on broadcasting at. IE, if you want to do the basic FME window size it would be 640x360 . This size seem's incredibly small, but it works well. That's what I've been casting RDR at. Now, you can experiment with different sizes. 720x480 is standard NTSC resolution and if you wanted to cast at that size it probably wouldn't be a problem for you.Anyhow, you set that to be the resized resolution in VHScreenCapture, and the input resolution in FME. Then, in FME you would set your output resolution to the same. That way it's only being resized once. In FME you will want to set your bitrate depending on your connection. I cast at 1000kbps video and 128kbps audio on a 1.5MBps upload bandwidth. If you have less or more you can adjust accordingly.If the broadcast button works for you then by all means use it. Sometimes it's just plain easier. FME just allows more versatility in your stream options. EDIT.NP, just let me know if you need anymore help. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.