April 4, 201016 yr comment_783 I have a question, what websites do you guys frequent for your dosage of anime? I've been thinking of websites to visit, but I'm hesitant to click on any google links due to fear of malware and such. I'm not looking for places that show stuff illegally, just a legit website to look for news, and if it's possible, streaming of shows with subtitles or something. Basically anything that's safe to browse. I've been deprived of my anime for a while, so I would like to have a few places to visit. Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_787 Ahh ****, I had a site for my anime watching, but I forgot what it was. I'll try and find it. Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_788 The Instant Que for Netflix has a lot of Anime if you have a Netflix account. It's about 10 bucks a month. Try checking out BOXEE LINK and see if they have anything... but it's more of an app. Report
April 4, 201016 yr Author comment_789 Cool, thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it. I unfortunately don't have Netflix at this time, but I hope to get an account set up soon. Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_827 Aha! I found it.http://www.animefreak.tv/I've used this site for watching many anime, and they offer subs and dubs as well. Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_828 I use http://www.crunchyroll.com/ , I have a paid Membership there. But you really don't need one. http://www.anime-sub.com/ is ok but too many Ads This is also a good one http://www.animecrazy.net/ , but again full of Ads. Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_830 I was stationed in Japan for 4 Years, so i watched Anime to pass the time Report
April 4, 201016 yr Author comment_849 Sweet! Thanks guys, you're teh awesomez! Glad I asked the GC forums, you guys rock! I must catch up on meh animez then! Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_935 Sweet! Thanks guys, you're teh awesomez! Glad I asked the GC forums, you guys rock! I must catch up on meh animez then!Do it! What do you plan on watching? Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_974 If you're into fansubs (anime taken right from Japanese TV and subtitled, what's awesome is they release pretty close to the actual Japanese release date), then I have several good links for you. The sites I use have the main series I'm currently watching including Naruto Shippuuden, Bleach, Inuyasha Kanketsuhen, Dragonball Kai, and others. The only thing is you need to use a program of questionable legitimacy to get them.The sites are Dattebayo.com (Bleach) and takafansubs.com (Naruto Shippuuden and the other stuff I mentioned, but Dattebayo has like the first Naruto series and the first 90 or so Shippuuden episodes.)If you want I can link you to some programs and such to get them. Most episodes are between 100 and 400 Megabytes depending on the resolution you download.And if you get the anime directly from those sites, you're pretty safe from malware and stuff, as you're getting the files directly from the ones who made them. Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_975 Rincon watches Anime?! No way, never would have thought that.Same thing I was just thinking. You're (already high) awesome meter just went up several notches for me, Rinc. Report
April 5, 201016 yr Author comment_1093 @ Syco I intend to catch up on Special A and To-Loveru. I came across those the other day on the Anime Network on demand and have become obsessed with watching the series. They're not the norm for what I watch, but they're too wacky and hilarious to skip out on. I normally watch (or watched, in some cases) Bleach, Inuyasha, Death Note, Blood Plus, or Naruto. I also watched Cowboy Bebop and Trinity Blood for a while.@KevAs long as it's safe, I can make an exception. I tend to go the normal route for stuff, since I don't want any trouble, but if it's okay in your book, I'll give it a shot.Oh and yeah, Rincon is off the charts on the awesome meter. Report
April 5, 201016 yr comment_1097 Yeah, Cowboy Bebop is a great show. If you liked it, I also recommend Samurai Champloo, made by the same people. Otherwise, it seems like you're already watching or have watched most of what I would recommend. Report
April 5, 201016 yr Author comment_1102 I actually watched the entire Samurai Champloo series, as well as Samurai 7 and thought they were awesome! I'm sure I'll hear about some random animes when I hang out with my buddies on Friday. We always meet up since it's the one day (apart from the weekends) that we don't have classes. We'll discuss manga, watch movies, play some billiards, or do some other stuff depending on what we feel like doing. It's an awesome way to relax and start the weekend off right. Report
April 5, 201016 yr Author comment_1106 Hmm... Desert Punk? I may have to investigate this one. Oh I forgot to toss in that I've also seen Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist (Original and new Brotherhood), Onegai Teacher, and Rurouni Kenshin. I didn't know PK watched anime. PK has officially destroyed the awesome meter! I just noticed that your gamerpic appears to be from that series.Edit: I typed in my first edit just as you finished posting lol. Report
April 5, 201016 yr comment_1112 I actually watched all of Desert Punk and it was alright. Kind of funny but didn't particularly stand out, it starts out good then kinda drags on. I watched the first couple episodes in English dub, and the voice actor for Sunabozu (The Desert Punk, the main character) is pretty funny, even though I usually hate dubs (have you heard how horrible the voices in the Bleach dub sound!?; and they basically turned Dragonball/Dragonball Z into a show for little kids with all their changes and additions in dialog). Report
April 5, 201016 yr Author comment_1120 Yeah I know how censored DBZ was, but I think Bleach has a better English cast than Naruto for the most part.I watched the first episode of Desert Punk just now, and it's pretty good. I usually don't mind cheesy voice actors in anime (Naruto, Believe it!!) or games (lymle in Star Ocean 4), so it'll fit right in with the rest of the stuff I've watched. Report
April 5, 201016 yr comment_1124 Yeah I know how censored DBZ was, but I think Bleach has a better English cast than Naruto for the most part.Oh gawd, Naruto dub. I've always watched it in Japanese, and you how bada ss Kakashi sounds, well it's ridiculous how weak his English dub sounds compared to the orignal. He sounds freaking lame. Report
April 5, 201016 yr Author comment_1127 I thought Kakashi and Sasuke were pretty decent in English, I just couldn't stand Naruto in the beginning. It was like listening to Goku in Japanese lol. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.