January 10, 201313 yr comment_68851 I don't even know what's up with that background, someone made it for me.ANYWAY. http://www.twitch.tv/mrsbadexampleI stream a ton of crap, and alternate between things because I have some serious gaming ADD. Generally stream on the weekend evenings when my manthing is at work. Right now I have Dishonoured, Chivalry, Amnesia, Bioshock and a few other things to play. (And JSR, thanks!)Also, if anyone has any advice on upping FPS quality, please let me know. I use xsplit currently and I noticed extreme choppy funtimes when streaming Dishonoured. Last time I tweaked the settings I blew everything up so I just restored it to default. Report
January 10, 201313 yr comment_68855 Already following and planning a raid on your stream when you're live.Dat, Kev, Panda... many here can help you with settings. Some will probably even coerce you into using Open broadcaster. Seems it handles frames better than Xsplit in some games. Report
January 10, 201313 yr comment_68866 Hi Mrs. BadE!! Wub wub!I bailed on using Xsplit for a couple reasons:1) Open Broadcaster is FREE! I don't need to pay anything to have high quality audio2) OB is less system intensive, and in my opinion handles streaming easier. I believe this is because it's optimized for multi-core processors and even has an option to enable that boost somewhere in the config.Bad thing about OB? There is about a 8 second delay between what I am seeing and saying versus what the viewers are seeing/hearing.Anyways, I'd love to help. First thing though is I'd like to know what your download/upload speeds are. Mind heading over to Speedtest.net and checking it out for me? Report
January 10, 201313 yr Author comment_68886 Thanks for the help Panda!Speedtest results are as such: Ping: 15ms / DL: 29.04 Mbps / UL: 1.96 MbpsA delay in the stream wouldn't be too horrible if it means better quality streaming, but I do know the frustrations especially if you interact with your viewers - which I do. 8 seconds isn't killer though. Report
January 10, 201313 yr comment_68887 8 seconds is totally doable. K. Less than 2MB upload (which your speed pretty much mirrors mine with the 30 down and 2 up). here is what I have for settings for Open Broadcaster (again, FREE SOFTWAAARRREEE!! wooooo!)Settings --> SettingsEncoding: Quality Balance 10, Max Bitrate 1500, Buffer 1500, Codec AAC, Bitrate 128Broadcast Settings: Your twitch stream key goes in hereVideo: I stream at 1600x900 (but then again I run everything windowed mode so I can still see twitch chat, play with pandora, etc while still playing the game). Resolution Downscale - 1.50 FPS: 30 Diasble Aero at Startup: YesAudio: Ummm, this is pretty easy, just wing it and experimentAdvanced: Use Multithreaded Optimizations= YES Process Priority= High, Also check off the Use higher Quality Audio ResamplingThat should be it! Report
January 10, 201313 yr Author comment_68890 You are the wind beneath my wings. I'll give this a shot tomorrow (hopefully I'm over this death sickness) and see how it streams. I'll download it tonight though and mess with the settings in the meantime. Thanks so much! And I play in windowed mode too because of chat, so pfft. Thumbs up. Report
January 11, 201313 yr comment_68899 I'll have to check it out some time. I'm the same way about games, I'm really add about games. I try my hardest to complete them but can't seem to do it. Report
January 11, 201313 yr Author comment_68911 I have not yet beaten any of the Assassin's Creeds but the first one because of my ADD. I collect everything, then get distracted with a new shiny. Report
January 11, 201313 yr comment_68918 First assassins creed. Fuck. That. Game. I have to disable my internet just for it to start. Followed by the absolute shittiest missions. I DO NOT WANT TO DO THE SAME THING 700 TIMES STOP MAKING ME DO THESE MISSIONS.Back on topic, I followed you. I will hit you up the next time I see you live. Report
January 11, 201313 yr Author comment_68936 Hot damn, ran a test - runs MUCH better. The quality is night and day. Only downside is OB can't detect my webcam for whatever reason, but no one needs to see my ugly mug right now. Report
January 11, 201313 yr comment_68937 So that was it. Got two emails saying you were online. Clicked both times and nothing. I was beginning to think I smelled or something. Report
January 11, 201313 yr Author comment_68938 Sorry mate, just wanted to test to see how it fared when I was online as well. I'm just busy coughing up a lung anyway right now, I'm hoping I can get some of that under control before tonight or everyone's eardrums'll be shot. Report
January 11, 201313 yr comment_68940 Hi Mrs.Bad!I can totally most likely help you with your webcam issues also, however I'm VERY glad to hear that you got the quality issues sorted out! Works great doesn't it? Report
January 11, 201313 yr Author comment_68941 Like a flipping charm. I need to give Dishonoured a shot, because that's been the most taxing game on the system so far surprisingly, but Chivalry itself saw such a smooth increase I'm impressed - and probably won't be going back to xsplit if this is the standard for OB. And I almost bought a membership to xsplit! Report
January 11, 201313 yr comment_68942 Like a flipping charm. I need to give Dishonoured a shot, because that's been the most taxing game on the system so far surprisingly, but Chivalry itself saw such a smooth increase I'm impressed - and probably won't be going back to xsplit if this is the standard for OB.And I almost bought a membership to xsplit!You're welcome! Report
January 12, 201313 yr comment_68981 Followed. Let us know if you need help with anything else. Report
January 30, 201313 yr comment_69728 It was a lot of fun. Especially when I made you yawn. That's interactive entertainment! Report
January 30, 201313 yr comment_69729 P.S. You've been added to the live page. http://live.gamercide.org/ Report
January 30, 201313 yr Author comment_69731 omgyay! Thank yoooou And you have SuushiSam on there! That's my friend's friend. She is awesome, I've watched many of her streams. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.