January 7, 201313 yr comment_68626 I see guys begging for donations all the time, or talking themselves up for the donate button, etc etc. I'm not saying they sexify themselves. I've seen people advertise themselves in other people's channels, crap like that. Guys don't have boobage, but they have found other ways to garner views. Some people find a gimmick and stick with that -- I love watching Amnesia videos for example because I'm a horror nut. People trying to make a quick buck do nothing but emulate PewDiePie (which is annoying as hell) in hopes it'll boost their viewer base and get people to throw money at them. I mean, it worked for him, why not them?They're everywhere.I will ask this then to you guys - let's say I suddenly show up on a stream in a low cut shirt, but the camera isn't tilted down towards my gals - it just happens to be the shirt I wore that day. What then? Sometimes we dress like that in real life because we went out, or wanted to impress our boyfriends or whatever. Does this somehow make me trashy?Booooo for these being my first posts lol. Report
January 7, 201313 yr comment_68627 I'd love to point to examples, but it breaks the unwritten Twitch rule of speaking negative of other casters. I'll just say that men whore themselves out. Maybe not with their bodies, but with affiliate links, chipins and subscriptions.Some even link to pictures of them working out, etc.*edit* Or put a static image of a good looking female onto their cast, so people trawling the channel pages see a female and think it's a webcam of a girl. Report
January 7, 201313 yr comment_68628 @MrsBad Doesn't bother me one bit. I don't equate low cut shirts to being trashy. There are trashy low cut shirts, but there are also tasteful ones. Report
January 7, 201313 yr comment_68632 Some even link to pictures of them working out, etc.ROFL, I've seen that before and gone "WTF?" I dunno, maybe they wanna brofist people in the channel and do work out tips, I have no idea. I've also seek the female bait and switch too.The methods are irritating, but sometimes these guys have really good casts too. I think the primary difference is visual between male and female, and that's what's so heinous. Report
January 7, 201313 yr comment_68634 I've followed first time casters who had really good casts. Then they start to get some recognition, aim for partner and then it all changes. I typically unfollow them after that point.I know it's a bit contradictory since we also want partner, but we don't want it for money. We just want the quality slider so those with slow internet can still watch our streams. I've emailed Twitch and asked them to put the quality slider on a subscription basis. We'd gladly pay for it monthly. Their loss! Report
January 8, 201313 yr comment_68648 @Bad....like PK said there is low cut and then there is LOW....Like i said i didnt know this stuff went on and now im on a quest not to find it. I guess im just happy with my ps3... Report
January 8, 201313 yr Author comment_68682 Hm. Interesting.I was gonna say I pretty much live in tank tops lol Report
January 8, 201313 yr comment_68686 How do guys sell themselves?I only watch you guys on twitch usually so you'll have to fill me inI sell myself, but only to further the site/stream and make people laugh. I guess my gimmick is slipping into Guy Smiley mode haha. Report
January 8, 201313 yr comment_68689 Booooo for these being my first posts lol.No, not "booooo" for these being your first posts. I say BRAVO! I (and I'm sure others here) totally respect you more for engaging in discussion with us, especially difficult topics like this which tend to come up frequently.Healthy discussion is good discussion, usually no matter the issue IMO. Report
January 8, 201313 yr comment_68691 I sell myself, but only to further the site/stream and make people laugh. I guess my gimmick is slipping into Guy Smiley mode haha.The difference between you and others, I think, is you come across as doing for fun. You can tell there's some people doing it specifically to try and get viewers... if that makes any sense? They'll copy a popular streamer, or act perky when they're not really feeling that way. Stuff like that. I found you to be hilarious - and yeah, you did sell yourself, but not in an obnoxious way that's either detrimental or pissing anyone off.I just said "boooo" because I feel like I came in here and started waving my broomstick at you all and telling you to get off my lawn. Report
January 8, 201313 yr comment_68692 I just said "boooo" because I feel like I came in here and started waving my broomstick at you all and telling you to get off my lawn.Trust me, with that kind of attitude you will fit in quite nicely hahaha. Report
January 8, 201313 yr Author comment_68700 Booooo for these being my first posts lol.I wouldn't worry about it. I'd say over half the people who sign up don't ever make it past the new users thread, so props to you Report
January 8, 201313 yr comment_68701 And here I thought I was the only one shooing people off of my lawn. haha+1 to Avahra's post above. Report
January 8, 201313 yr comment_68706 It took me a while to post here so dont feel bad.....mostly bacause PK frightened me Report
January 9, 201313 yr Author comment_68711 It took me a while to post here so dont feel bad.....mostly bacause PK frightened meOf all the people ot be scared of lol Report
January 9, 201313 yr comment_68716 It might be because of Dateranoth. He put forth the rumor that I have very large breasts.Seriously. Report
January 9, 201313 yr comment_68725 Wait. PK, you know that ain't no rumor. Them things are GLORIOUS!!! Report
January 9, 201313 yr comment_68728 They'd keep me warm at night, just like I live it...If only I lived closer. If only. Report
January 9, 201313 yr comment_68730 Time for me to come clean. I'm a stuffer. I apologize for the deception. Report
January 9, 201313 yr comment_68733 You.....you.....OH DEAR GOD NO!!!! What has this world come to?!? My one constant that I held dear to me....YOU HAVE SHATTERED MY WORLD!!!<Spawn runs away sobbing uncontrollably> Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.