January 4, 201313 yr comment_68027 http://kotaku.com/5972869/faith-in-humanity-slowly-depleting-this-jerk-and-his-supporters-find-joy-in-harassing-women-gamersThis is greatly wow related, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Report
January 4, 201313 yr Author comment_68028 He basically says you find girl gamers via twitch tv and then harrass them Report
January 4, 201313 yr comment_68030 Although im not a girl....hence another reason i avoid online play...the horde of jackholes you find Report
January 4, 201313 yr Author comment_68031 But in some way I think these girls are somewhat asking for it.They're on PVP servers Report
January 4, 201313 yr comment_68038 Why is he bitching about girls asking for donations on Twitch? I'd say roughly 80% of all regularly casted channels use a ChipIn. Some even have a subscription of $5 a month and many use GameFan commission ads that they added into their info section themselves.There are plenty of attention whores on Twitch, of both gender. Sure, some of the girls are there for attention, but they can only harm you if you allow them to. Don't like what you see in the thumbnail? Move on. Don't even click.On the flipside! There are MANY males who put a static image of a hot looking girl onto their stream. Why do they do this? So people trawling game channels see what they think is a webcam with a hot girl playing. It's pretty disgusting. However, I bet you the kid you linked to has clicked on them many times trying to find a girl to harass and that makes me feel warm inside. Report
January 4, 201313 yr comment_68044 Some girls ask for it, some don't. The chick in that video put a tight, low cut top on...I mean come on...it's going to happen. That would be like a female walking outside in the middle of winter without a bra on and big chested with a low cut, tight white shirt on that showed every outline and not expected men to look at them and then wanted to complain when they did. They ask for it. Same with males on online console games who go on yelling sprees when someone "steals" their kill. Then when they get hounded on they don't want to here it. Grow up.I don't know too much about PC servers and how that works, but that's my two cents. Report
January 4, 201313 yr comment_68045 I also don't really know how to go about chiming in on this. It's definitely a touchy subject.On one hand, I disagree with the sexualization of women (even SELF sexualization) in order to induce donations and support for a channel. Sex sells, I know, but I bet some of these girls are definitely under the age of 18 and that's not cool with me. I'm kind of with Siren on the idea of some of them "ask" for it and it is a damn shame because so many fucking neckbeards are going to get all sweaty and slap that donate button at the first sight of cleavage. It's shameful, for men AND women.PK is also right in regards to the screenshot pics to entice viewers. It's bullshit.However, and this is a huge however, I 100% completely disagree with the idea that this guy is a "hero" (in his own and other sycophants words) to mount a mysogynistic harrassment campaign. I'm a bit divided on this. Report
January 5, 201313 yr Author comment_68057 It's a rough topic right?On one side I think he's a complete idiot, I don't see him as a "hero" of twitch,and he makes a lot of broad generalized stereotypes that are pretty fucking stupid and just make him seem ignorant.I do agree with his comments about the twitch thing though. I support other girls gaming, I do but I don't feel it's necessary to flaunt your sex like that. And, well, if you're gonna stream on a PVP Server then you better be prepared to step it up or gtfo.I'm also skeptical, I'm not sure how he manages to get on some of these realms, he must have a lot of friends. Report
January 5, 201313 yr comment_68059 I say he's able to be on all those realms by saving money by not dating. It'd explain more than one thing.Guys are forever whoring themselves out on Twitch. They even schedule times when their significant other will stream on their channel. Anything to get views and possibly partnership with Twitch so they can start to make a little money.For me, if a channel I stumble across has a multitude of money whoring, I leave. Male or female, it doesn't matter. I have no real opinion of guys donating money to streamers. They could be doing far worse with their money and if it makes them happy, cool. All of this was inevitable. Webcam strippers have been using wishlists and donate buttons for years now. Strip show cams and viewing live gaming streams are both forms of entertainment. Like it or not, it's here to stay. Report
January 5, 201313 yr Author comment_68062 IT's 25$ a pop to xfer realms and there is a 3 day cool down.It's one thing if someone says "Hey I really like your shit could I ssend you some cash so you can upgrade whatever" then another to blatantly ask for it Report
January 5, 201313 yr comment_68066 Yeah, but if the person spending it wants to spend it in the way they like, who is it harming? If someone directly asks for it, that's a bit different. If it's an option in a stream or webpage, though, that's entirely between the receiver and sender.Even Gamercide's Twitch channel has a donate button. It's tiny and conveys what it's for -- helping us pay for hosting on our various ventures Report
January 5, 201313 yr comment_68070 Things are super serious in here...I think I can fix that...There's one way to fix this problem. Make these broads have a shorter leash. That way they can't get so far out of the kitchen. You know, where they belong. Report
January 5, 201313 yr Author comment_68072 If they were smart they'd STREAM FROM THE KITCHENImagine the viewers! Report
January 5, 201313 yr comment_68073 Heck yeah. I'd love to see a woman cooking, instead of playing games. I mean, I'd even be okay with Cooking Mama...Maybe. Report
January 5, 201313 yr comment_68077 Head over to Justin.tv's lifecasting section. Plenty of stuff like that. lol Report
January 5, 201313 yr Author comment_68078 Now streaming: from my kitchen: leveling upmy cooking in wow Report
January 5, 201313 yr comment_68102 I leveled up my BBQ skills last night in 25* degrees.....but that steak was damn good and needed Report
January 5, 201313 yr comment_68115 As I suspected...Thread succesfully derailed! +1 for my silliness. Report
January 7, 201313 yr comment_68577 Chiming in, as a lady who streams, and has been gaming since I got my grubby hands on a Nintendo back in the 80's:Guys like this make girls who legit play scared to play, at least publicly. I've been harassed, stalked, threatened, hit on, sent dick pictures, accused of attention whoring - you name it, it's probably been done to me. The best part is I'm constantly toting the message of girl gamers aren't anything special, so stop treating it as such and you'll have more of us running around; and this is generally met with "attention whore!". I actually had youtube take down a video of myself (lost the account info) that over a half million views discussing WoW back in the day and tanking, and the discussion had devolved into how hot / how not hot I was, and what my current weight might be.The girls who show the cleavage and try to sell sex are causing a problem in the community, but guys definitely sell themselves in their own way. But I've had dudes drop into my twitch channel and ask why I'm showing my "fat face" then leave. It's amusing at best, and I'm sure they think they're being super awesome, but most of these people are sad 13 year olds who don't know how to communicate with girls yet. ChipIn is something I see all the time on a lot of people's pages, and I honestly think nothing of it. On the flipside, my old roommate was a total skank, and had me help her set up a twitch account. Sadly, I figured out too late she just wanted to show herself off and try to get people to donate money to her while playing ridiculously shitty games and be extremely uninteresting. Luckily no one did, and I think her account was shut down because she put up a fetish picture of herself as a profile pic. So there's definitely people preying on that crap.ANYWAY. Ranty.tl;dr: People suck, girls play games, cleavage happens. Report
January 7, 201313 yr comment_68582 Honestly i didnt know they had sites to watch people play games. But then again im in the sticks. I can honestly see some woman tryin to make $$ off this but how the hell can a guy. Like my wife says see one dik seen em all. Report
January 7, 201313 yr comment_68602 My opinion and it may not be popular. I do agree with him on some points, like for instance I don't respect any female gamer that shows her tits. I just don't, I find it trashy. Actually any time I see a female with a low cut shirt on video or twitch I just skip it. If they can't get me to view the video with out tits then it isn't worth my time. If I see a female clothed and with an interesting title then I'll treat it like any other video. Now him harassing women and trolling or raiding their videos or channels I don't agree with that. However I do agree with him on the point where he ask why is she just going through youtube videos finding controversy. I find that pretty sad on the authors part. Who cares about some no name, find something worth talking about. Report
January 7, 201313 yr comment_68603 guys definitely sell themselves in their own way.I see it all the time on Twitch. Good post. Report
January 7, 201313 yr Author comment_68622 How do guys sell themselves?I only watch you guys on twitch usually so you'll have to fill me in Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.