April 4, 201016 yr comment_742 The winner of the contest was PeeKnuckle! Congratulations! I purchased the 4 pack of Borderlands and split it with some friends of mine, but we still had an extra copy. So, I decided there might as well be more free stuff to be given out here!Just post here and tell me what you like about the game and you'll be entered into a random drawing to win a Steam Copy of Borderlands for the PC!I'll do the drawing next Friday April 9th. Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_767 OH HELL YEAH!Borderlands is my favorite videogame at the moment. It's seriously all I play. I get teased a lot for it, but I don't mind. It's an epic game and I know they're just jealous of my skills. I love the humor in Borderlands. It's second to none, honestly. I also like that Gearbox listens to their fans, and include things they wanted in future DLC. That means a lot to me. That's why I don't mind sinking over $90 into this game already. I'll be buying the next DLC on day one as well. Thanks for the contest, Dat. It's truly epic. xoxo Mwa Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_964 really never tried it but i heard a lot about it and a free copy would be nice Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_971 I wonder what the differences are in the pc version... mod support maybe? Hmm. Report
April 5, 201016 yr Author comment_1014 I wonder what the differences are in the pc version... mod support maybe? Hmm.No official mod support as of yet, but there are trainers and the like floating around. Along with a few custom gun mods. All are of the use at your own risk type. Honestly the biggest downside to Borderlands for the PC is the fact that it uses GameSpy for match making. It's pretty shoddy, and even though I have it installed through steam I have no native steam friends support. I have to message my friends, get them to get logged into Gamespy, and then invite them into a game. It's not the best for meeting anyone new to play with, but it works fine if you have friends you know playing. Otherwise it looks and feels great on the PC, and it has native XBOX 360 controller support for those of you who prefer it. Report
April 5, 201016 yr comment_1017 I was very much hoping it had controller support. That just made me even more excited! Report
April 5, 201016 yr comment_1143 I actually like using the keyboard and mouse when I'm playing on pc, a bit of a change-up here and there isn't a bad thing at all. Report
April 5, 201016 yr comment_1162 Favorite thing about Borderlands? Oh man, where do I start. Co-op, Huge variety of weapons, General Knoxx, Nine Toes and his 3 balls, Moxxie's boobs, Lilith's sexy onion butt, Phase Walk, looting crawmerax, running over skags, smashing into the back of PK and Shane while driving, Pearlescent weapons, Brick's sexy pex... uh I mean yeah. nevermind. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1490 The cell shaded graphics are awesome. That's definitely my favorite part. either that or the millions of guns! Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1493 It's a game that is fun to play yourself, and even 10 times more fun with friends. Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1757 Well, i dont own borderlands, but i did play it, and I thought that this game seriously kicks butt in the FPS/ RPG region. You do not see many of those out there. The game-play is awesome, i like the story, and the huge selection of weapons is UNBELIEVABLE! Report
April 8, 201016 yr Author comment_2168 Last full day to get your entries in! I'm going to be pretty busy Friday so I'll be doing the drawing whenever I have time. It may be early or it may be late. Don't miss out! Report
April 9, 201016 yr Author comment_2396 Watch some footage streamed from Borderlands and enter the contest. I will broadcast the random.org drawing Friday April 9th at 4pm EST. Cutoff For Entry will be 3pm EST April 9th. Get your entries in before then! Final post before the winner is announced.<BR><BR><BR><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="480" width="640" id="clip_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="auto_play=false&start_volume=25&title=Recorded live Apr 8 2010 at 11:13PM EDT&channel=dateranoth&archive_id=261943498" /></object><br /><a href="http://www.justin.tv/dateranoth#r=Bw6EDJs~&s=em" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from dateranoth on Justin.tv</a> Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2415 I don't know what the controls are on the PC version, but when you're in a vehicle, you can lock onto enemies or their vehicles. It's the A button on 360. Helps out a lot. Report
April 9, 201016 yr Author comment_2429 I don't know what the controls are on the PC version, but when you're in a vehicle, you can lock onto enemies or their vehicles. It's the A button on 360. Helps out a lot.lol, thanks for the info. I need to figure out what key that is! Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2430 Makes it WAY easier when you're trying to drive. Aiming and driving are hard to do at the same time. lol Report
April 9, 201016 yr Author comment_2458 Makes it WAY easier when you're trying to drive. Aiming and driving are hard to do at the same time. lolhmm. Well, it says spacebar should be it, but it doesn't work. I do have assisted aiming turned off, so maybe that has something to do with it. Report
April 9, 201016 yr Author comment_2498 1 PeeKnuckle2 InfernoParadox 3 sedington864 Assassin5 Nick6 Skylark957 Cody8 Awe4SomeThese are the contestants! The drawing will take place very soon. Wish them luck! Let me know asap if I missed anyone! Report
April 9, 201016 yr Author comment_2505 PeeKuckle! Congrats! PM me with your email address, and I will send you the game via Steam. The video above should be processed soon. Sorry to all those who entered and didn't win, but there are more contests! Enter them all! Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2506 I am calling it right now... you just probably made his day. lol Report
April 9, 201016 yr Author comment_2507 I am calling it right now... you just probably made his day. lollol. Probably. I made the video just so if he lost he'd know I didn't cheat him j/k Report
April 9, 201016 yr comment_2509 Here's PK right about now : Those cards are the posts in this thread. The last one is the one announcing him the winner, so he starts shouting BORDERLANDS! LOL Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.