Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

What are your irrational fears?

Featured Replies

buttons-mixed.jpg

bigspider3.jpg

Spider image aside, I'm not sure if I have any true irrational fears anymore. A lot of things that used to get to me like spiders I'm fine with now. I saw a spider with a body the size of a dime and a legspan probably about of a half dollar in my room, went to kill it with paper, and it escaped under the bed. It was weeks ago, I'm not sure if it's waiting under there for its chance to kill me or if it's gone lol. I just ignore it and it doesn't bother me. Heights maybe a bit, but only if I'm in a dangerous situation. I will admit I don't care for rollercoasters.

Let us all recite the Litany Against Fear and calm down now:

"I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."

Awesome AK..... how could I still be afraid of needles after a tattoo? No idea.

I think my fear of heights might have started after the roller coaster though...

So, spider story time.

When I was growing up, our house was pretty old, and did little to keep the insects out. Being in the woods didn't help much. Anyhow, for about a week I kept waking up with a rash. Least I thought it was a rash, but one morning the reality of it dawned upon me. I wake up to see this spider on my wall, about the size of the palm of my hand, legs and all. That's when I realized the 'rash' I thought I had was a spider bite. Two nice little bumps perfectly spaced about the distance of this things fangs. Apparently the devil had been feeding on me in my sleep. I didn't want to startle it so I yelled for my brother to come in, and he managed to get it with a shoe. I saw one other one that size and killed it before I moved out, but it was not wonder they got that big if they were feeding on me.

I hate spiders, I hate admitting that I hate them, but holy hell I hate them. They have eight freakin legs, damn...and they can go pretty much anywhere they want all they have to do is cast a web and they're hanging right in the middle of pathways and ****.

Wasnt that a movie????

Yeah, I believe it was called Teeth. Not sure though.

I'm surprised I didn't get any comments about my fear of ladybugs. Haha

I had a video saved somewhere of a pregnant spider being smashed and exploding and a bunch of baby spiders run out. It was traumatizing. If I find it, I'll be sure to post. ;)

That's big talk! I might have to do some snooping around.

I can't seem to find the video. You're safe... for now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.