Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

What are your irrational fears?

Featured Replies

What are some of your irrational fears?

For me? Spiders.

I am so terrified of spiders I can't even look at pictures of them or I'll get upset.

In person? Forge it, I freeze up and go paralyzed mode. I also may cry like a *****.

Going through tunnels or driving across bridges. I start to go into panic attack mode and get tears in my eyes. Snakes would be another one. I don't like them at all. I was running one evening and a little black snake was sitting right at the grass line where it meets the road. I didn't see it until I almost stepped on it and I screamed so loud and was so afraid that it was going to follow me home. I kept looking back and b the time I got home I was in tears. I'm also afraid that one will be in the toilet when I go to sit down and I won't see it and that it will eat me. I think my last irrational fear would be of having things cover my face. ...I'm very claustrophobic. I can't wear full face masks when I go hunting in the winter time because of it. I get myself into such a frenzy that I actually start to cry.

  • Author

I've never had to deal with bridges until I moved to the Mid-south but I HATE driving next to guard rails. The tiny insignificant pieces of metal that prevent you from driving off a mountain,

Don't laugh, but I am deathly afraid of clowns for some reason. I hate them. I can't even be near or around them, makes me feel like I can't breathe and I start to have a panic attack (and I don't even have anxiety, it's really weird).

So yeah. Clowns. **** them. lol

Heights always seem to get me, I freeze up and get panicked. I also have an irrational fear of running into sasquatch when I am in the woods hiking or camping, not that I dont go but its in the back of my mind, damn sasquatch he ruins everything.

heights mostly, I used to fear snakes too, but now its more of an intense dislike.

When I was a kid I used too fear... well not the dark, but what was in the dark. The fear of the unknown I guess.

Growing up in a mouse infested haunted house can do that to you though. With a kid of my imagination, some of the things that I thought I saw swirling out of the dense shadows and fog on a cold dimly lit vacant street...

When I was younger, bugs used to freak me out really bad. Now I've gotten used to it but my youngest brother on the other hand, oh man. He's turning 15 in December. He's like 6 feet tall, 145 pounds, great at sports but the sign of ANY bug will freak him out. We'll be home alone and he'll come down to my room to see what I'm doing, playing it all cool. Then he'll be like "Hey, so uhhh, there's this bug in my room. Think you could kill it?" Go up and it's a little moth. haha The kid is too funny.

As for me, I've lost most of my irrational fears for the most part. For some reason when I was younger, I really REALLY didn't like buttons. That has faded due to my incredible sense of fashion. [winky face]

I'd say right now my only irrational fear is being secretly loathed by those around me. Friends and whatnot, but I'm pretty sure that a lot of people worry about that.

I hate spiders, but really only the ones that are bigger than about a an inch and are hairy. I don't like snakes either but I don't mind them as much as spiders. Heights are pretty bad, like, I'm fine on an airplane or in a building, but any kinda more open platform i hate. I don't even like being near the railing on the second floor of the mall.

that about puts it perfectly pan, im the same way. Whats really strange is when I was young I was fearless of heights, I used to jump off of roofs.for crying out loud. When I was 17 I worked in roofing and shingled three and four story homes no problem... But now just looking over the second story railing at the.mall gives me the heeby jeebies, and im always looking for somewhere to land if I get thrown over the rail.

Thats how heights are for me now, and I jumed off the roof when I was a kid, now hanging the christmas lights on the house is an ordeal.

My mind runs in a million diff places on this one. Snakes would be #1...ugly little godless creatures. Another is noise....i live in an old house and esp after watching a show like a haunting, any sound freaks me out. My wife got a huge laugh after we watched Amityville....

Ladybugs. Dead serious. I had one land on my eye when I was younger, and ever since, I've been crazy afraid of them.

Needles... I have almost passed out the past two times I had to get shots. Few years back I believe I actually did pass out after getting one.

Hmm. I don't think I have any irrational fears that get to me that often. I do sometimes manage to let my mind wonder to the most horrible things if someone I care about is late or hasn't checked in lately. Or I'm out of time and my wife is home alone. I can get pretty worked up about it and have to call or calm myself down.

My kid has a complete fear of school work. The look of horror on her face every night when she has to even look at it is a sight to behold.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.