July 25, 201214 yr comment_60685 Thanks Av, maybe I'll do one on Deus Ex or Dead Space...maybe Deus Ex cause I'm on my second playthrough right now. Report
July 25, 201214 yr comment_60686 Can't wait to read it Em! We all start someplace. I like to look back at my reviews (like back at the old ATC) and see the progression of how I wrote them Report
July 25, 201214 yr Author comment_60688 Same here Chris. Without anyone really teaching you, you'll gain your own writing style just through experience. Maybe even having a look at how other reviewers write, but either way, your tenth review will look way different from your first. It's almost like you try too hard on your first review then come to find that it's not so hard over time.It's been too long since I reviewed, I've just been getting used to a busier schedule. Report
July 25, 201214 yr comment_60691 As a matter of fact, I just logged onto the old ATC board to look at the old reviews and content again. lol Report
July 25, 201214 yr comment_60700 I'd be willing to try that out. Just lead me in the right direction and I'll do the rest.Sweet. Let me see what I can do Do you have Kinect? Report
July 25, 201214 yr comment_60704 Siren: nope I don't and don't plan on getting it.Kev: keeping at it is the hardest part, it does take a lot of energy from you writing a review though. Don't get it twisted, for me it comes and goes, I'm sure it's the same for a lot of people. Report
July 25, 201214 yr comment_60705 I agree Em, it does take a bit out of you writing up stuff sometimes. Occasionally it will just flow and sometimes you wrack your brain. It really all depends. All I can tell you is just take it easy. Never feel like you have a "deadline" to meet. If you go down that road it's going to take all the fun out of it. Report
July 25, 201214 yr comment_60707 Chegg or Amazon are the best that I have found based on experience.Thanks Sky. I'll check them out @em.....Okay. Just checking. Report
July 27, 201214 yr comment_60829 LIFE UPDATE.After leaving school after year 2 for a year or two off, I have finally acquired a job. Gonna be working for Dunkin' Donuts Distribution as a Driver's Assistant. I basically ride shotgun all around New England and help unload all the donuts and whatnot. Pretty good pay and hours too! Getting around $12 an hour and work about 3 days a week from 2:30AM to 2:3PM. Can't wait! Just took the drug test the other day and should be starting by the end of next week! Report
July 28, 201214 yr Author comment_60931 I think this mission was a resounding success. That or I had good timing and made the thread just before people were going to start posting more anyways. Report
July 28, 201214 yr comment_60942 Yep. Really glad to hear you got a job. And sounds like a pretty decent one. Report
July 29, 201214 yr comment_60969 So today..The boy took me to ihop and let me order the waffle of my dreams. No seriously, I had a dream about this waffle. it was a Belgian waffle covered in strawberries,hot fudge and ice cream. I told the waitress I was pregnant (I'm not) and she looked at my stomach and gave me a "uh uh" look haha Report
July 29, 201214 yr comment_60993 hahaha Play the fake pregnant card. I wish I had a card to play when I order stuff like that. The whole "stoned" card doesn't play out well in public. =P Report
July 29, 201214 yr comment_61004 Well the woman looked down at my stomach to see exactly how pregnant I was. Report
July 30, 201214 yr comment_61026 I don't post because#1 I don't game as much anymoreand#2 No one ever seems to like or appreciate my opinion so I don't bother sharing Report
July 30, 201214 yr comment_61027 #2 No one ever seems to like or appreciate my opinion so I don't bother sharingDude the moment I stopped really caring what anyone thought of my posts, was the moment I lost that feeling. Funny how it works out. Report
July 30, 201214 yr comment_61028 I feel the same way CB. I just post occasionally. I tend to lurk because when I do post, it feels like my inputs are glossed over. But I know it's probably not intentional, and everyone's opinion is valid. Report
July 30, 201214 yr comment_61032 You could look at it that way. You could also look at it in another way. That there's a handful that come and go, many times. They're always welcome, though, and many of us like seeing them return. However, some may not want to become close to you, since it may be likely that the person will take off again.There's only a handful of people driving this forum now. We would love for more of you to come out of lurk mode and join us. Dubl Deuce and Irish did it, and we've had some great conversations on this forum with them. Even if they weren't originally from ATC.Come and give old PK a hug. =D Report
July 30, 201214 yr comment_61044 90% of the stuff I post isn't gaming related..I just post to talk to people Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.