July 28, 201214 yr comment_60924 I play football/soccer myself. Played a lot more when I was younger but now I only 5-a-side football once a week. Report
July 31, 201214 yr comment_61152 I live 5 minutes away from a ski and golf resort called Whitetail and I have never once tried to ski or snowboard. Thought about it, but never had the balls to just do it. Report
July 31, 201214 yr comment_61163 You should, Siren. It's so much fun, but you'll be sore the next day. Report
July 31, 201214 yr comment_61166 I suggest that you take lessons either way. Usually cheap for a beginner class and will make the first time a lot more enjoyable. Report
July 31, 201214 yr comment_61174 Nah. Take someone with you who knows waht they're doing and just go at it. That's how I learned, no bunny hills, no lessons. Sink or swim. Report
August 1, 201214 yr comment_61239 That's how I learned as well. "is this the beginner slope?" "Sure! This is how you snow plow, now go" I still think an instructor is a good idea. Not everyone can teach someone well. First time experiences go a long way, and I've known too many people who've tried and hated it because they ate snow and were wet the entire time. Report
August 3, 201214 yr comment_61442 Even experienced people wipe out.I was gonna tell a scary story but I figured that wouldn't be encouraging Report
August 3, 201214 yr comment_61455 Oh I can attest to that. I'm always wiping out, but I'm usually pushing myself since I don't ski as often as I like. Report
August 3, 201214 yr comment_61462 I wish I could ski or snowboard. But to get enough snow, I have to drive over twelve hours in each direction. So yeah. Report
August 3, 201214 yr comment_61463 Just make sure if you hit your head, even if you "feel fine" make sure to get medical attention. Head trauma can be tricky... Report
August 3, 201214 yr comment_61494 I wiped out so hard once and one of the ski medics saw me do it. they would not let me get up, because they figured something had to be wrong.I was so mad Report
August 3, 201214 yr comment_61497 I've only gone skiing once. I had a lot of fun but it was pretty difficult. Seeing 4 year olds flying by me on the trails was a little disheartening. haha Report
August 4, 201214 yr comment_61542 I wiped out so hard once and one of the ski medics saw me do it. they would not let me get up, because they figured something had to be wrong.I was so madI'd be mad too.In my younger years I was always trying to keep up with my buddy. A guy who skiied about 10x more often then I did. So, I wiped out plenty. Went over this small jump one day and somehow managed to lean way too far back, smack myself in the face with a ski, and then crash hard with a lot of rolling completely off the trail. lol, so bad. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.