February 10, 201214 yr comment_53444 Anyone pick it up? If so opinions please! Looks like Fable/Diablo/Uhhh Fable hybrid.. I played the demo and liked it, but what kinda depth are we looking at here? Report
February 10, 201214 yr comment_53459 I have been playing it since release. It's pretty fun. The art style and the combat keep it interesting. Plus it has a pretty steady stream of loot and upgrades. The story is ok so far, but it is nothing mind blowing. Mostly your typical rpg stuff. Been streaming it every night. You can check out some of the archives here: Report
February 13, 201214 yr Author comment_53564 I have been reading up on this game a little.. will probably pick it up once the price drops.. sucks being poor and having to be selective what games you buy! Report
February 15, 201214 yr comment_53692 One of my fav games now, to rpgs what gears 3 is to shooters. In my opinion anyway. Report
February 16, 201214 yr comment_53785 I was pumped for this. I liked the demo but was hoping that the full game would have something more. I guess my problem with it is that it just feels so generic. I usually love these kinds of game but I just can't find the drive to want or care about the characters and story. I wish I would of held off on it honestly.That said, I can totally see why some would just love this. It has all the ingredients to be really good. Combat is fun, talent trees are interesting and the loot is varied but it just feels like a been there done that for me. Report
February 16, 201214 yr Author comment_53808 I do still have to finish Skrym.. I just can't get into it like I did Oblivion.. once that one is done this is my next RPG to tackle. Report
February 16, 201214 yr comment_53817 I was pumped for this. I liked the demo but was hoping that the full game would have something more. I guess my problem with it is that it just feels so generic. I usually love these kinds of game but I just can't find the drive to want or care about the characters and story. I wish I would of held off on it honestly.That said, I can totally see why some would just love this. It has all the ingredients to be really good. Combat is fun, talent trees are interesting and the loot is varied but it just feels like a been there done that for me.This exactly. I was all into it an it is fun to play, but the story just isn't that compelling. Maybe if I focused on the main quest it would be better, but I can't help but want to be everyone's errand boy. Report
April 9, 201214 yr comment_55963 I've also been playing this and I feel that this game is what Fable SHOULD have been (my opinion, I hated Fable 3). Good graphics, engaging combat, huge world to explore, lots of loot/customizing, crafting systems, etc.I think for a new RPG from a new game studio they did a great job. Report
April 9, 201214 yr comment_55971 Theyre having a good amount of dlc too. Second large dlc hits april 17, when the games only been out since feb. Report
April 9, 201214 yr comment_55977 ive been playing this for a month now and love it. Gave up playing skyim for it. Granted there are some things that coulda been done better but the fighting is great and the graphics are too. im not close to being finished and im already wanting a #2 Report
April 9, 201214 yr comment_55982 I haven't played it in a while, but I tend to do that with RPGs. Report
May 6, 201214 yr comment_57171 im now 187 hours in and still going strong. ive become a quest whore. you want it done by christ i'll do it...i cant say no "GOD HELP ME". its to the point my wife hates the xbox. Told me last night "why dont you try sleeping with it to." Report
May 6, 201214 yr comment_57188 Hmm. Sounds like you should walk away while you're ahead. lol. I actually want to finish this, but 20+ hours in I quit and haven't been back. Great game though. Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57434 im really suprised by how long i have played this. Normaly after 2 weeks a RPG is on the shelf with me. Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57441 The combat is a lot of fun, and I absolutely love the different creatures. Report
May 8, 201214 yr comment_57918 Love the game, havent finished the first dlc yet, which is awesome, and only have about 120 hours or so now... But I cant stop playing mlb the show to pick this one back up Report
May 12, 201214 yr comment_58201 just hit 225 hours and finally crossed the sea...lol. ive got my guy to level 34 with no clear major. Of course i know im not really missing anything with nothing good being released right now. It acc feels good not to spend the cash i was on games and can acc spend it on other things...like a new lawnmower Report
May 15, 201214 yr comment_58355 225 hours! Holy crap. Like you say though, nice to get that much enjoyment from one game. Report
May 17, 201214 yr comment_58469 225 hours! Holy crap. Like you say though, nice to get that much enjoyment from one game.it is nice to enjoy a game this much, esp one i knew nothing about and picked up on a whim. Report
May 17, 201214 yr comment_58472 Meant to be then. You have gotten 10x the enjoyment then I have hour wise, and I was excited for it before release. Report
May 18, 201214 yr comment_58564 Sad to see this happeninghttp://www.computerandvideogames.com/348189/kingdoms-of-amalur-dev-fails-to-pay-staff-makes-layoffs Kingdoms of Amalur dev fails to pay staff, makes layoffs 38 Studios also unable to cover overdue loan payment of $1.125 million Report
May 18, 201214 yr comment_58566 I just read an update somewhere. They DID manage to pay the $1.125 million today somehow after the original check was returned for nonsufficient funds. Report
May 24, 201214 yr comment_58857 The entire 38 Studios staff had been laid off. So messed up.http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/24/report-38-studios-lays-off-entire-staff?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social Report
June 14, 201214 yr comment_59490 Just hit hour 342 and finished the main story plus one of the DLC quests. i have to say its a great game with only one drawback that bugged me. It really sucks to have a level cap on an RPG. Made me go from running from old point to old point to fast travel. A smaller peve was the treasure inside the chests, kinda got old spending time opening a hard chest or dispelling a hard chest only to find a minor healing potion. Other than that i love it. For a game i got just because i had a gift card burning a hole.... Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.