May 10, 201016 yr comment_7817 Wow.... this is stunning. And for the record, I remember Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. THAT GAME WAS MASSSSSSIIIIVVVEEEE!!!!!! Report
May 10, 201016 yr Author comment_7819 I'm still stunned by the size of Daggerfall. I know it was a huge game, but it makes everything else PALE in comparison when you look at the size Report
May 10, 201016 yr Author comment_7820 I mean I think that Just Cause 2 is MASSIVE. That's only 400 square miles.DAGGERFALL IS LIKE SIXTY THREE THOUSAND SQUARE MILES! Wow! Report
May 10, 201016 yr Author comment_7822 Other fun facts about Daggerfall. It had over 15,000 towns and over 750,000 NPCs!!!! Report
May 10, 201016 yr Author comment_7823 Morrowind and Oblivion have approximately around 1000 NPCs to interact with each (compared to over 750,000 NPCs in Daggerfall) Morrowind had 10 square milesOblivion had 16 square milesYikes!!! Report
May 10, 201016 yr comment_7824 neverplayed morrowind or daggerfall, oblivion was the perfect size for me. I just hope thay had a fast travel in daggerfall Report
May 10, 201016 yr Author comment_7825 They did have a fast travel, although some bad crap could happen while travelling. LoLAlso, the main storyline could get incredibly buggy making the game very hard to complete.But by God, you could do so much in that game is was crazy. I used to go on killing rampages in towns and just destroy people. (Note: Don't try this early in the game. The town guards will utterly beat the crap out of you!)PS. This game is now free to download from Bethesda. If you have the patience (and ability to deal with 1990's graphics) check it out! Report
May 10, 201016 yr comment_7827 PS. This game is now free to download from Bethesda. If you have the patience (and ability to deal with 1990's graphics) check it out!how big is the file? Report
May 10, 201016 yr Author comment_7828 how big is the file?148 MB. Not big at all.http://www.elderscro...loads_games.htmAlso you will need to download DOSBox to run the game (DOS emulator which can be downloaded at the link above)Good luck and have fun!Apparently there are some Mods too out there to enhance the graphics and fix things.http://en.wikipedia....olls_II#Modding Report
May 10, 201016 yr Author comment_7829 Daggerfall has genre-typical gore elements and some sexual topics. It displays cartoonish nudity (showing breasts but no genitals) both on NPCs and on the character's paper doll when all equipment is removed. The game installer includes a password-protected childgard feature that hides blood and corpses (instead showing just the skeleton of the corpse), disables sexual topics (though not removing all nudity), and ensures the character portrait is wearing underwear at all times.hahaahaha! Report
May 10, 201016 yr comment_7854 Well I'll definitely check out Daggerfall, I've always wanted to since I've gotten into the Elder Scrolls series. Is Arena the first one? I think I'd try that first. Thanks for the links, Crhis. Report
May 10, 201016 yr Author comment_7855 Yes, Arena is the first (although kind of linear, Daggerfall was the beginning of the "do-anything-you-want" bits of Elder Scrolls). Arena is also available for free on the bethesda site I linked to (also need DOS emulator) Report
May 10, 201016 yr comment_7856 Yes, Arena is the first (although kind of linear, Daggerfall was the beginning of the "do-anything-you-want" bits of Elder Scrolls). Arena is also available for free on the bethesda site I linked to (also need DOS emulator)That's why I mentioned it, yeah I'll try Arena first. By the way, have you seen my new avatar and gamerpic? LOL Anime superhero ftw! Report
May 10, 201016 yr comment_7874 Pretty awesome. Daggerfall is huge. Heck the DUNGEONS are HUGE. Go get lost in one you'll know what I mean.... 3d maps for the fail. Loved the game though. Report
May 10, 201016 yr comment_7879 I thought WoW was bigger. I mean how many people play that game now? Report
May 10, 201016 yr comment_7880 It's strange seeing San Andreas being so small. I wonder how big RDR is on that list. Report
May 12, 201016 yr comment_8052 Also you will need to download DOSBox to run the game (DOS emulator which can be downloaded at the link above)i downloaded the game and dosboxportable for my flash drive, but its so hard to get used to DOSbox, going to need time before i even start the game up Report
May 12, 201016 yr comment_8053 I thought WoW was bigger. I mean how many people play that game now?Over a million play it.It's pathetically addicting. Report
May 13, 201016 yr comment_8361 Farcay 2 seemed huge because of the amount of traveling by foot you had to do to avoid the multitude of checkpoints You had the choice of driving through the checkpoint which was fast but resulted in a gun battle and chase (depletes your ammo and health supply so you have to divert to a safe house) or walking everywhere Report
May 17, 201016 yr comment_8885 Over a million play it.It's pathetically addicting.Modern Warfare 2 is at 25 million unique players. You can't tell me that there's more people playing that campfest than the masterpiece that is WoW? Report
May 17, 201016 yr comment_8899 Alright, got Arena and Daggerfall set up and working. Any class recommendations or tips? Report
May 17, 201016 yr Author comment_8912 No real recommendations for Arena, although if you want to use the best stuff (Ebony I think in that game) you'll want to be a warrior. Arena is more of a linear game too, no real "do anything you want" like the following games.Daggerfall? Good luck. It's huge and buggy. LoL Report
May 17, 201016 yr comment_8919 Daggerfall? Good luck. It's huge and buggy. LoLYeah that game froze a lot for me early on, and usually at the same place every time. I wasn't happy cause I really wanted to explore the world. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.