December 30, 201114 yr comment_51102 So, for future endeavors, this will be where I post images I derp in PS. This first post is dedicated to the idea of spicing up the livestream page - it's a little dull with just the black bars on either side, so I threw together some rough copies of potential backgrounds. At the time of creation, I didnt have the official GC font, but it's PS and anything is subject to change at anytime. I tried to stick to the Reaper/skull concept we got goin on, and this is what happened (PS - don't mind my dumb face in these... I needed a guideline to plan where the images needed placed):I have a few different colored versions of those skulls that aren't shown as well. Ok, now tell me what you think. I'm also open to suggestions/concepts/ideas/whatevers or if you have a cool image you'd like me to work in, I'm pretty flexible. I also do sigs on request, so yeah, theres that.Ok, flame away. Report
December 30, 201114 yr comment_51105 Those are badass, excellent work. I'd say the first one would work best as the stream background, but the last is kinda cool in an artsy way too. I like the big skull guy on the right of the first two. Report
December 30, 201114 yr comment_51107 last one is actually the best looking one. it reminds me of He Man for some reason. I don't like the first two because the two sides don't seem to match very well. The red one is okay but I just don't like red so that is just me. The fourth one is okay but just looks like a regular picture with a skull. So the last one is by far the most bad *** picture I've ever seen. Report
December 30, 201114 yr comment_51108 Ok, flame away.These are the worst POS I've ever seen! How dare you post these! (jk) They all look really good, I'm like Kevin though, the first one is the best for a stream channel. Awesome job. Report
December 30, 201114 yr comment_51109 The last one is kinda funky, but the first two are jazz as well. Good job, you'll have to learn me how to draw some day lol Report
December 30, 201114 yr Author comment_51111 Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Based on your recommendations, I've retooled the first and last layouts... This is how I envision the stream looking with either theme:I'm pretty happy with the way those look... MOAR FEEDBACKS, PUHLEEEEEEEEASE! Report
December 30, 201114 yr comment_51114 I'd work within the JTV channel editor since we use JTV and not Twitch. I think having both sides match up is important. Depending on people's resolutions, the background image is going to look different.Good work, Joe.My vote: The first one with the left side mirrored over to the right. So there's a stack of skulls on both sides, along with our name.P.S. I did have a background image for the channel, but it refused to take it. I made the file size smaller, I changed file types. It just refused to take it. It was too bad ass for the channel. lol Report
December 30, 201114 yr Author comment_51117 I didn't do anything from twitch, I just used the image as a layover so i knew where to put the images. The portion of those images that look like the channel won't be a part of the final image. And thank you for your input, I'll tweak #1 again to your specifications... I'll miss the creepy reaper tho Report
December 30, 201114 yr comment_51120 That's just one person's vote though, you don't have to remove him. Though honestly it might look good with the multiple skulls the same on either side. I kinda like the big guy though. How did you make these, by the way? Use images of skulls, add effects, and touch them up, create them from scratch, or what?Also I wouldn't use the big reaper guy sideways in the logo above the cast like you have. Either the site logo we have now, or maybe the grouping of skulls in the grayish white, like the second mock up but without the colors. Report
December 30, 201114 yr comment_51122 I'd work within the JTV channel editor since we use JTV and not Twitch. I think having both sides match up is important. Depending on people's resolutions, the background image is going to look different.Good work, Joe.My vote: The first one with the left side mirrored over to the right. So there's a stack of skulls on both sides, along with our name.P.S. I did have a background image for the channel, but it refused to take it. I made the file size smaller, I changed file types. It just refused to take it. It was too bad *** for the channel. loli agree with pk, the first one with the skulls mirrored would be best. i don't like the guy on the right side but i do like the skulls. i'd have them facing out though. Report
December 30, 201114 yr Author comment_51123 That's just one person's vote though, you don't have to remove him. Though honestly it might look good with the multiple skulls the same on either side. I kinda like the big guy though. How did you make these, by the way? Use images of skulls, add effects, and touch them up, create them from scratch, or what?No worries. I didn't delete anything. And I make these by doing a little of everything you mentioned, aside from scratch work. I have an artists mind, but my hands don't know it...i agree with pk, the first one with the skulls mirrored would be best. i don't like the guy on the right side but i do like the skulls. i'd have them facing out though.If I face the skulls outward, it'll be more difficult to effectively place the text Anyways, here's the retweak of Theme #1 (now effectively Theme #6) - Pics of what it should look like on both Twitch.tv and Justin.tv. (Pay no mind to the underage vaginas in the JTV stream... I just needed a channel with a decent background that I could easily erase). Report
December 30, 201114 yr comment_51124 I think it looks good, dude. I don't think it needs the words Gamercide, though. It's already said a few times inside of the channel. If they don't know where they are, they're clueless already. lol Report
December 30, 201114 yr comment_51127 Yeah I think that one looks great. It's almost like the skulls are looking in and watching the cast. I agree about the text though. I was going to say have it only on one side, but it would look cleaner without it on either really. Report
December 30, 201114 yr Author comment_51136 Retooled:Added the colored skulls theme (#5) to my personal page: Report
December 30, 201114 yr comment_51147 It's nice to see another fellow graphic designer (is that term too official for us?) here on GC. It's been a LONG while since I've done anything in Photoshop, other than resizing and what not. But you have potential to do a lot more stuff man. Keep at it. Report
December 31, 201114 yr comment_51183 These are awesome Joecore! Both of the Twitch tv pages turned out really well. Report
January 2, 201214 yr comment_51262 Nice work Joe. I'm up for voting on which one to use for the page. If you want to start a poll with them in there we can see what happens. I'll post the picture with the most votes as our background on the channel. Report
January 3, 201214 yr Author comment_51307 cool - i'll set that up tomorrow when i get home from work Report
January 3, 201214 yr comment_51310 those look really good man, I've noticed gamercide seems to attract many an artist Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.