December 21, 201114 yr comment_50555 im looking to get a new headset, i have a razer carcharias now, and im looking to get something better. im also going to buy this sound card, http://tinyurl.com/8xsvnth .my main uses for the headset are going to be gaming and music. price wise, i dont mine spending upto $200 for something thats going to be worth it. thanks Report
December 21, 201114 yr comment_50556 I find headsets to be very subjective. However I have to recemmond purchasing this:http://www.astrogaming.com/mixamp/mixamp-usbOr the wireless version:http://www.astrogaming.com/mixamp/mixamp-5-8The X-Fi sound card outputting 5.1 optical to either of those receiving units will sound fantastic. The x-Fi has emulated surround via stereo option, but I can say firsthand the 5.1 that gets mixed into 2 channels from those units is soo much better. It would be worth investing and trying your current headset with the amp. Plus the unit can be used with consoles as well. Report
December 21, 201114 yr comment_50569 I really need to get a headset at some point for my PC... I may have to look into some of these as well. Report
December 21, 201114 yr comment_50571 I still say the Tritton AX Pros are a great headset. Full 5.1 surround sound, built in mic, and it works on PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 (plugs in through optical or analog, and USB for mic on PS3 and PC). Price isn't too bad either. No wireless, but that just means no batteries. The mic works on the 360 and PS3 as well. Only one power cable too that splits to both the decoder box and headset.http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Precision-Playstation-3-PC/dp/B0017IUFAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324444953&sr=8-1 Report
December 22, 201114 yr comment_50629 i'm personally a fan of the Astro A40s. Works with anything from PCs to consoles to MP3 players, etc... Made from quality materials, color and decal customization, able to choose which side the mic is on, fully adjustable audio via the mixamp, and more. Can't go wrong. Report
December 22, 201114 yr comment_50631 Yeah Joe. I love my A40s too. Don't like the A30s as much. I didn't recommend them because with the Mixamp and headset it would be pretty far out of the range he wants to spent. The Mixamp with his current headset may be good enough for him, which is why I suggested to get I first. Otherwise I do highly recommend the A40s if you don't mind spending a good deal of money for the entire package. The don't sound as good as my sennheiser hd 595s but those don't have a mic. The Astros are great for gaming. Report
December 22, 201114 yr Author comment_50667 okay cool thanks for the input guysill check them all out and see what i can come up with Report
December 23, 201114 yr Author comment_50751 i was looking at http://www.astrogaming.com/mixamp/mixamp-usb and it seems pretty good but are the A40s? better? i dont mind spending if im going to hear a diff with sound Report
December 23, 201114 yr comment_50770 Honestly I would buy the mixamp first. It's just a headphone amp/receiver. There are not headphones with it. I'd buy it and try the headset you have with it. I bought the A40s because I didn't have an actual headphone/mic headset prior to them. What you have now, combined with the mixamp may be perfect for you. Worth trying first before buying the A40s as well. Report
December 24, 201114 yr Author comment_50813 yeah i think the mixamp is a good idea but i really want a new headsetso i was thinking of this http://www.astrogami...m-astro-editionlooks to have both items in itedit: where is the mute button on the A40s Report
December 24, 201114 yr comment_50842 Can't go wrong with that setup. The other Mixamp bundle is wireless but performance should be the same. And if you are always using with PC then wired has more options. The A40 mute button is on the cable. Right where your quick hookups connect. Report
December 25, 201114 yr Author comment_50856 yeah im going to go with that one with the wired vercould you take a picture of the cable and mute button setup by chance Report
December 25, 201114 yr comment_50857 He's on the road visiting family until a day after Christmas. Report
December 25, 201114 yr comment_50875 Posting from my phone so a gallery link will have to do. Here's the gallery. It should have the picks you want to see at the top. http://images.gamercide.org/Dateranoth/Astro Report
December 26, 201114 yr Author comment_50907 okay i can deal with that mute button, my cheap headset (that i sat on and broke) had the button by the mic on the headset so it was useful. but one last question lolthe headset plugs (the volume and mic?) into the mix amp but what is plugging into the mixamp into the pc or would it be pluging into the sound card Report
December 26, 201114 yr comment_50910 You will want to use an optical cable. Which the mixamp comes with. You will plug the optical cable between the Mixamp and the sound card and make sure Dolby digital live is enabled in the creative control panel. This will make sure you get 5.1 audio in all your games.Edit:The wireless Mixamp comes with one. I don't know for sure about the wired. Report
December 28, 201114 yr Author comment_50973 okay ill be ordering this next week, and ill just check if it comes with a cable if not ill order onethanks for the help Report
December 28, 201114 yr comment_50978 I have the Razer Carcharias too as my headset, but I have also been looking into the Steelseries which Z (www.twitch.tv/psmtv) uses. I like the way that the microphone is retractable, and the headsets come in a variety of colors.I know that most people don't care what their headset might look like, but I'm pretty picky when it comes to certain colors. Report
December 29, 201114 yr Author comment_51034 yeah the astros comes in a few colors and you can make your own covers for them as well Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.