Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

The Steam Sales are coming

Featured Replies

Double posting, deal with it...

I now have 7 lumps 'o coal. Keep them or forge them?

BTW:

The Humble Bundles often add games and items after they first launch, in which case people who already bought it will get them regardless of how much they paid. Go to the link in your confirmation e-mail and you should see them added to your download options.

Thanks, worked.

Woot, after 22 coal, 6 discounts (that aren't even as good as the ones going on now and can't be used until after they're over) and Oddworld: Abe's Exodus, I've actually won something worthwhile: Portal 2. Already have it, but it's a great game so I can give it to a friend or put it in a giveaway.

There's a 25% chance of getting a game or coupon for each challenge done, and there are more coupons than games, so the chance of getting a game is fairly low.

Still, it's sad to see how many people are ungrateful for the chance to win something, and think some things in it are unfair. No one told you to buy a game just for a ticket/point, and there was no guarantee you'd actually get anything that good. Steam doesn't owe you anything, it's just a fun series of activities and oppurtunities they made.

  • Author

I made it to 7 coals and crafted them, got a 50% off coupon for Dwarfs!?, which I'm not interesting and was already on sale like with all the other coupons. So so far I've gotten 4 coupons, Portal 1, and Blood Bowl. I do still have some achievements to mop up(I picked up Cities in Motion to try, and I got DOW2 Retribution gifted to me from a friend).

To be honest.... I really haven't been paying much attention to the achievements. I think I have 3 or 4 pieces of coal and a few coupons.

I just said fuggit and crafted 28 of my 31 coal (4 sets of 7 coal for 4 items). I don't think having a 0.000000031% chance of winning anything is really any better than 0.000000003% lol. As long as I have at least 1 coal there's still an astronomically small chance of winning something. From crafting I got Portal 1, A gift only pack of Half-Life 2 Deathmatch/Episode One/Lost Coast, Day of Defeat: Source, and a 50% off Valve coupon. I'm wondering if the coupons can stack, because if I used all my Valve ones on one item Steam would owe me 66% of that items value ^_^.

Too bad the coupons expire after only a couple months, because otherwise I could use them on Valve's next games, DOTA2 and Counterstrike Global Ops, assuming they release sometime next year.

I think the whole coupon system was sort of a test on Valve's part to see if they could do anything with coupons and trading, and how they would work.

Crafting those items worked out because I ended up using most of them in a giveaway in my stream of the first Deus Ex last night.

Now it's the final day of the sale, so the temptations are almost gone (though never entirely, Steam saw to that with the Daily Deal lol)

They're repeats of the best deals. Batman: Arkham City is still really tempting for $25, but I still think I'm going to pass. Serious Sam 3 even looks great for $20 to co-op with PK, but I think I've spent enough money in the past week or so on Steam lol. Both I'd probably get at a later point in another sale.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.