Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Black Friday

Featured Replies

Just got back from Walmart, Best Buy and Target. Got discount 3 month gold cards, some tv shows on tv, and (most notably) arkham city and gears 3.

yahoo.gif

Yeaaa we cut 2,000 people at Best Buy accidentally and we're 40th in line and earlier in the night we pawned the last copies of Batman and Gears :D

  • Author

Yeah, we ended up cutting in line too. There was easily around 12 hundred people in that line by the time they opened the doors.

WP_000321.jpg

Amazon matches most of the low prices I have ordered all I need from my couch. And we are getting a new 47in HDTV.

A commenter said this, and it kind of freaked me out - "Replace the merchandise with bloody guts and you get zombies."

Not too far from the truth. That's just unbelievable, stuff I wouldn't do when completely drunk. Geez...

But yeah, seeing people fight over things like tihs make me wonder what people would do if we had to wait in line for necessities.

I've been doing Black Friday with my nan since I was a little girl so I guess probably over 15 or so years now. Never once have I saw anything out of the extreme until we got to Walmart this year and two people began fighting over the last copy of MW3. They were both escorted out. I had to stop what I was doing and just watch it go down.

I went and was able to get a of the $15 games at Wal-Mart pretty early. A while later the wife and I were looking at some other stuff close by and I saw a boy (8 or 9 years old) walk over to the display and seemed totally dejected when he walked away and told his mom, "They are all gone..." I asked him what he was looking for and it was one of the games I had purchased earlier. When I gave it to him, you would have thought I had given him the greatest gift on the planet. In line waiting to check out his mom said he had saved his allowance for a while to get the game for himself. Random hugs and smiling faces from a kid really will brighten your day.

That said, I think the bad things always get sensationalized more than anything. Yes there are issues of mass hysteria, people dieing, pepper spray, etc. but over the thousands upon thousands of stores out there, there really are very few issues. There was no issues at any of the stores we went to (Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy). When the issues do come up it's because of incompetent stores not knowing or unwilling to handle the crowds correctly. Couple that with the sheer stupidity of most people and you have a recipe for disaster.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.