October 19, 201114 yr comment_46934 I am interested big time, I told pk to get it when the price droos so we can play together im waiting tho cuz I heard there is connection problems. Report
October 19, 201114 yr comment_46935 I am interested big time, I told pk to get it when the price droos so we can play together im waiting tho cuz I heard there is connection problems.Connection problems and you can't really invite a specific person to play with you, plus no party chat or in game chat(though I heard there is a roundabout way to find a person).I want to get it but don't know when I will, saving up for a new PC and already missed Dead Island and Deus Ex HR. Report
October 19, 201114 yr Author comment_46938 Im about 75 hours into it so far. Connection issues aren't TOO bad. The same with Demons Souls, this game is supposed to make you rely on strangers and ghosts to help you. This is why they do not want people using Party Chat. For some reason though, Private Chat still works.Apparently there are a few servers at the moment which I feel they really need to condense. If I coordinate with someone I generally don't have a problem getting together with them and having them summon me or me summon them. There is a little time lag from when I put my summon sign down though before they can see it. Sometimes the summon will "fail", but they can just re-click my sign and do it again. It's not a big deal IMO.Also I've figured out invading other people's worlds and how that works best. I have gotten a few rage messages from people though because I usually invade their world completely naked and with this giant dragon tooth hammer thing. I win about 80% of the time and it's pretty funny.Great game though. I love that there is no loading screens what so ever. It's incredible how large of a world it is without loading screens. Can't wait to do New Game +. It gets harder every time you start a new game. Report
October 19, 201114 yr Author comment_46941 Here you go Baboon. Be afraid... be very afraid. This is probably the hardest and yet most awesome game I've played in years. This is the official website.PrepareToDie Report
October 19, 201114 yr comment_46943 Interesting. Sounds like another game I'll have to add to my "Games to Buy When You're Not An Effing Broke College Student" List Report
October 20, 201114 yr comment_46993 I'm not so sure I could play this without raging. Is there more to it or is it just survival? Story to speak of or any other interactions aside fighting? Report
October 20, 201114 yr Author comment_47011 @DatThere is a lot more to it than just "surviving". There is a ton of exploration. There are NPCs scattered around the world and some of them do some strange things if you leave them alive for too long (note, it's generally NOT a good idea to kill NPCs though). A bunch of different merchants to visit (and I'm raging now because one of mine died..... an important one. LoL) There is definitely a story but it's not a story that is "told to you" if you know what I mean. You're not going to be sitting there listening to NPCs ramble on or get stuck in lengthy conversations.The gist of the story, from wiki, is:"In the founding of the world, dragons held sole dominion over the world. Eventually, The Fire of Lords came into being, along with the human race. Four beings: Nito (an undead), Gwyn (a knightly lord), a sorceress, and an elusive pygmy harnessed the Fire of Lords to combat the dragons, eventually overthrowing them. Since then, a disease known as the Darksign has begun to afflict the beleaguered human race, turning them into undead Hollows.The main character is undead, but still retains knowledge of their humanity."So yeah, you're undead and you have to figure out how to fix the world and stop everyone turning into "hollows".Oh yeah, and of course there is the co-op/invading stuff too. It's an interesting game for sure. Report
October 20, 201114 yr comment_47022 End of the game is pretty mind blowing if you're able to put it together. Report
October 20, 201114 yr comment_47028 It looks like a game I might put on my sale/lowered price radar. If it has less "assholish game design" than the first one (lol) but still retains some of the better features, it could be pretty cool. Report
October 20, 201114 yr comment_47029 I'd suggest watching a live stream of the game if you're thinking about buying it. Report
October 21, 201114 yr comment_47042 I need to catch someone playing. It does sound really interesting. Is there a lot of grief with the world invasions? Report
October 21, 201114 yr comment_47046 Kind of depends. If you have the ring that doesn't allow someone to lock onto you, they sometimes give up and leave. lol Although, many who do invade use the ring as well. Report
October 21, 201114 yr comment_47051 I think that would sway my opinion the most. I like the concept but if I'm playing solo I don't like the idea of random people jumping in screwing with me. Report
October 21, 201114 yr comment_47052 I think that would sway my opinion the most. I like the concept but if I'm playing solo I don't like the idea of random people jumping in screwing with me.Same here. I also loathe that there is no pausing, even in single player, and even when you're not connected to the internet. Report
December 30, 201114 yr comment_51132 Well, I bought it, and played about an hour so far, starting as a wanderer(decided against looking for a guide as to what is the easiest class to use) and died about 6 or 7 times. Kinda just kept getting to greedy with my attacks and getting stuck in between several skeletons. Also ignored a message that warned of death and went down a stairwell to be met by a knight with a huge club thing, lol. Report
December 30, 201114 yr Author comment_51134 AWESOME dude. If you need any assistance let me know. I've beaten it a few times already and was thinking about starting up a new character soon when I get sick of Star Wars on the PC. Report
December 31, 201114 yr comment_51152 Well, I got stuck on the taurus demon on the bridge and just pretty much building up all my souls being dropped there until I finally died on the way back, so I decided to just farm and on my way back to the bonfire I got invade, I tried to fight the guy but my strong attack only died 7 damage, to which I responded with **** THIS GAME and rage quit. Report
December 31, 201114 yr comment_51153 Why not progress in husk mode? Can't get invaded that way. Report
December 31, 201114 yr comment_51154 Well, I had no idea the reason why I got invaded was because i went into human mode, game is kinda terrible at explaining things after all. Also, quick questions, how do you use magic(or is that class restricted or do I have to find spells or something....?) and how do you aim with crossbows/bows? I don't want to use any guides but damn is it so unlcear. Report
December 31, 201114 yr comment_51156 You got to use their wiki, dude. There's SOOOO MUCH to that game. Find out why people pour xp into vitality or whatever. Why some choose a seemingly innocuous weapon to use, etc. Some will grind mercilessly for one weapon and XP, just so they can stun lock people they invade. The game is crazy, dude. lolYou should watch my buddy Z play it sometime on his stream. You'll learn a metric shit ton about the game. http://www.twitch.tv/psmtv Watching his archives will help, too.http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/ Report
December 31, 201114 yr comment_51160 The invasion system is utter nonsense, and should have an option to be disabled IMO.There are a few things about Demon Souls that bothered me. It's not so much hard because it's difficult (though it is kinda), just a huge pain that stuff like, all your souls, and therefore progress for the last hour or so, can be permanently lost. Report
December 31, 201114 yr comment_51207 Well, grinded a bit and found a shield that has 100% physical defense and finally beat the tauras demon and opened the shortcut under the bridge back to the bonfire. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.