August 17, 201115 yr comment_42710 Hey, Bethesda! Let’s settle this!I am back, and I am excited.Marriage has been wonderful so far, and nobody sabotaged my computer while I was gone.The only negative thing going on at this moment is the Scrolls trademark lawsuit nonsense, and I think I came up with the perfect solution:Remember that scene in Game of Thrones where Tyrion chose a trial by battle in the Eyrie? Well, let’s do that instead!I challenge Bethesda to a game of Quake 3. Three of our best warriors against three of your best warriors. We select one level, you select the other, we randomize the order. 20 minute matches, highest total frag count per team across both levels wins.If we win, you drop the lawsuit.If you win, we will change the name of Scrolls to something you’re fine with.Regardless of the outcome, we could still have a small text somewhere saying our game is not related to your game series in any way, if you wish.I am serious, by the way.======Hell yeah! Screw the lawyers and handle it like men. This is how it should be. The claim is laughable, and they're just forcing both companies to spend a ton of money for nothing! Throw down that gauntlet and handle it!Serious praise for Notch from me. I've had a bit of beef with some things in regards to Minecraft, but he just made up for all of it with this display. http://notch.tumblr.com/post/9038258448/hey-bethesda-lets-settle-this Report
August 17, 201115 yr comment_42712 I have to say I will have serious respect for Bethesda if they man up and accept. Props to Notch already. Report
August 17, 201115 yr Author comment_42715 If any of them bring in Quake ringers, I hope they're forever criticized for it. Report
August 18, 201115 yr comment_42724 I'll guarantee you it's not Bethesda. It's probably Zenimax sicking the lawyers on Mojang. LOVE the Game of Thrones reference. Report
August 18, 201115 yr Author comment_42727 Definitely is Zenimax. Included their name in the sub topic. Report
August 18, 201115 yr comment_42731 lol, good old zenimax... doubt they'll go for it, but it'd be smart if they did. LOTS of good publicity and brings to the forefront that the games aren't related by virtue of the match itself. Report
August 18, 201115 yr comment_42745 Game of Thrones reference made that for me haha. They should put up a live stream and let the public watch the duel. Report
August 22, 201115 yr Author comment_42927 lololololhttp://www.gamepro.com/article/news/222241/six-companies-who-should-sue-bethesda/ Report
August 22, 201115 yr comment_42935 lololololhttp://www.gamepro.c...d-sue-bethesda/hahahahahaha Report
August 22, 201115 yr comment_42940 haha. That was fairly amusing. I suspect they'll end up dropping this. No way could it be worth the bad PR a real lawsuit would generate. Report
August 23, 201115 yr comment_43010 "I once sued myself for stealing my own idea. The judge agreed that I was violating my own copyright. He awarded me everything I had, including my house. I got mad at myself and sent threatening e-mails to my Hotmail account. Next thing I know, I've got a restraining order against myself. Now I can't even be in the same room with me. I have to stay at least 100 feet away from myself at all times."hahahahaha Report
August 23, 201115 yr comment_43022 lololololhttp://www.gamepro.com/article/news/222241/six-companies-who-should-sue-bethesda/While this is very funny... it shows just how stupid this lawsuit is. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.