June 6, 201115 yr comment_38547 Who's developing it though, that's all i want to know. If it's anyone responsible for ODST I'm gonna be sad. LOL Report
June 6, 201115 yr comment_38563 Probably 343 industries, and Bungie made ODST themselves.I didn't realize it was Bungie. I hated it either way though. the only thing i liked was the music. Report
June 6, 201115 yr comment_38566 Reach was the last Bungie Halo game. From that point forward 343 will be doing all Halo duties. Report
June 6, 201115 yr comment_38568 The idea of a new Halo game that isn't a spinoff, by someone other than Bungie, gave me a negative erection. I think I just impaled my stomach lining, brb. Report
June 6, 201115 yr comment_38569 The assumptions being made are quite humorous to me. You've seen and played nothing of the game but are lambasting it already? Good job guys, seriously, good job. Report
June 6, 201115 yr comment_38570 Not that it always turns out bad, but I dislike when something that I enjoyed is handed over and made by someone else. Generally it can lose the feel that the original had that I liked. Though who knows, sometimes a reimagining of something can turn out great. In this case though, Bungie did an extraordinary job with the series and I'm sad to see it being done by someone else. Report
June 6, 201115 yr comment_38571 Not that it always turns out bad, but I dislike when something that I enjoyed is handed over and made by someone else. Generally it can lose the feel that the original had that I liked. Though who knows, sometimes a reimagining of something can turn out great. In this case though, Bungie did an extraordinary job with the series and I'm sad to see it being done by someone else. To me, the franchise wasn't handed to someone else. 343i is made up of ex-Bungie employees that have all worked on the previous Halo games. Same people for the most part, just a different company name. Not saying anyone is more right or wrong than the other, just the whole glass half empty mentality is amusing to me. Report
June 6, 201115 yr comment_38578 The idea of a new Halo game that isn't a spinoff, by someone other than Bungie, gave me a negative erection. I think I just impaled my stomach lining, brb. I think we all knew this was going to happen when MS retained the rights of Halo from Bungie. Also LOL at the imagery. Report
June 6, 201115 yr comment_38579 I just feel that it is a continuation that is not worth exploring, which is why (despite how big of a Halo fan I was) I don't plan on purchasing anymore Halo titles. I was disappointed with ODST and Reach, but ODST was an expansion, for all intensive purposes, and Reach was simply a prequel. To me, the culmination in Halo 3 was what Halo fans had been waiting for (also was told to be the final game in the series, and yes, I understand it was ambiguously stated so that it didn't mean the franchise was simply over) and continuing the franchise is simply overkill (pun intended). Could it be good game? Sure, but I'm just not interested in playing another Halo game, but I'm sure tons of other gamers will which is why they're continuing the series. Report
June 6, 201115 yr comment_38581 I skipped Reach after ODST, still have never played it. But Halo 4 is essentially MS printing money for themselves. Which is good for them and good for the continued success of our console. Did everyone think there would never be another Halo? I mean c'mon. Halo is synonymous with Xbox. It is our MARIO. It will never go away. Mario has been in the hands of 1000's developers and still seems to make people happy, so IMO I think other developers should get a crack at it. Report
June 6, 201115 yr comment_38583 So we have CE remake confirmed... as well as a new trilogy. H4-5-6. Report
June 6, 201115 yr comment_38584 I liked Reach. I thought the campaign was challenging and the story was pretty damn good. Good ending, too, for such a dim sequence of events. Report
June 6, 201115 yr comment_38586 http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/intel/featured/video/halo-anniversary-exclusive/7ed1f10f-349c-4c47-a07a-831d12f94d63 Report
June 6, 201115 yr comment_38587 Wake up JohnHalo 4 is the next blockbuster installment in the iconic franchise that's shaped entertainment history and defined a decade of gaming. Set in the aftermath of Halo 3, Master Chief returns to confront his own destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe. Halo 4 marks the start of a new trilogy that begins with its release in 2012.http://www.xbox.com/en-us/Marketplace/Product/Halo-4 Report
June 6, 201115 yr comment_38598 I skipped Reach after ODST, still have never played it. But Halo 4 is essentially MS printing money for themselves. Which is good for them and good for the continued success of our console. Did everyone think there would never be another Halo? I mean c'mon. Halo is synonymous with Xbox. It is our MARIO. It will never go away. Mario has been in the hands of 1000's developers and still seems to make people happy, so IMO I think other developers should get a crack at it.I could barely watch the live feed where I was watching the stream, because people were saying "how typical" blah blah. It's like every console has it's flagship character. Report
June 6, 201115 yr comment_38604 I liked the Halo games but i never thought they were amazing, always a 7.5/10 for me. I don't think it will be hard for 343 to meet that maybe even surpase it so I'll watch the game and see how it turns out not gonna right it off yet. Report
June 11, 201115 yr comment_38873 Bungie lost the ball on ODST and Reach. I don't mind 343 industries taking this over. They have some ex bungie employees and I doubt MS will let this game die. Although, I know it's not 343 or Bungie, but a Halo Wars 2 would be very much welcomed. Report
June 11, 201115 yr comment_38877 I think a beg reason why ODST and Reach were not on par with the other games in the series is because they weren't made with the same care but rather made simply for profit, which is understandable. Report
June 11, 201115 yr comment_38878 Halo Combat Evolved changed gaming for me forever. I will never forget that. Halo 4 will be a midnight purchase for me without a doubt. Report
June 11, 201115 yr comment_38879 Cliffy B played it, and he said all of our memories of Combat Evolved are hazy. He commented that when he was playing, he had remembered Halo looking just like it was then (newer graphics). He then pressed the button to go to the old graphics, and was humbled. He did not remember it looking that way. Could make for a nifty feature. Driving along, hitting a button and seeing how it used to look. Report
June 11, 201115 yr comment_38886 I'm actually looking forward to this. I love Chief and his story. Report
June 12, 201115 yr comment_38896 At some point I went back and plays ce. It was blocky and crappy. Looked like grainy legos. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.