April 26, 201115 yr comment_35591 Well I moved into this house last year, and the dog they have now is the second one in a year. My neighbor on the other side said this will be the fifth dog they've had. My roommate said he knows they have had several dogs before also. He told me two years ago he had to throw a plastic bag full of water over the fence during the summer because they leave the dog out all the time and there wasn't any water. Now since I moved there the first dog I saw was a toy poodle, and you know those aren't out door dogs, but they left it outside all during the summer, and even left it out during night time during the winter when it got down to the teens. I know they dog had worms too so I'm guessing they are to lazy to take dogs to get shots. Well I haven't seen the dog for a long time now, so yesterday I come out and they have a different ******* dog now. I haven't seen it but I can see it pacing and barking in the back yard. Last night it was hailing and we had tornado warnings for 5 hours, and guess what the dog was out in the backyard the entire time. I'm so sick of this ****. My roommate said he tried calling someone I don't remember who to come out and look but they never did. I'm actually all for outside dogs as long as they are big dogs, they aren't fenced in, and have a shelter they can go under like a shed or garage and always have food and water. So what should I do, I have a feeling if I get in contact with the humane society they will just say something like I need proof or some bullshit. I almost just want to open their back gate and let the dog go free. Report
April 26, 201115 yr comment_35592 Do EVERYTHING you can to report it. Just call the Humane Society. It won't hurt. Mistreating animals is HORRIBLE and I wish I could dropkick your neighbors in their blamming heads. It makes me so angry. http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/abuse_neglect/ Report
April 26, 201115 yr comment_35593 Sadly the only thing you can do is call the ASPCA and hope the abuse is bad enough that they take the dog way. It's a tough choice to make since pets in the USA are considered property not family. If the dog has shade, water, and doesn't appear to be starving then there is nothing anyone can do. I guess all you can do personally is give it food and water through the fence and hope your neighbors don't catch you. Report
April 26, 201115 yr comment_35594 Here we go. Much better link:http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/abuse_neglect/tips/cruelty_action.html Report
April 26, 201115 yr comment_35596 good find Chris .. the humane society is a great organization in helping protect animals Report
April 26, 201115 yr comment_35600 I'd be worried about letting my dog into my own backyard, if the neighbors dogs didn't have shots. If they're lazy like you say, that backyard has to be full of rotting feces. That's not good for their own dog or even you and your own dog.If you can, try and snap a pic from over the fence. Hopefully it's a huge mess back there and you can show it to animal control. Report
April 26, 201115 yr Author comment_35606 Yea the last dog they had was in the front yard one day and I almost kicked it away because I didn't want it to get anywhere close to Jack. The thing is I don't really know what happened to the other dogs. Last summer me and Randy both slept during the day because we were both getting off early in the mornings, the dog would bark non stop all day so Randy finally went over and told them to put the dog in the house and they actually said "Where is it?" I mean seriously how ignorant can you be. Report
April 26, 201115 yr comment_35608 I would for sure see what the Humane Society can do. It is just wrong to treat an animal that way. Report
April 26, 201115 yr comment_35621 Yeah man, be careful with your dog. Especially if you have adjoining fences. Worms and other things can easily be transferred to your yard by a careless or neglectful dog owner. Found that out the hard way with my neighbors.As others have said, call the necessary authorities and hope they will do the right thing. Report
April 27, 201115 yr Author comment_35687 Yea we are having tornado warnings till tommorow and its thunderstorming and guess what the dog is on my porch. I wish the dog catchers were working right now. Report
April 27, 201115 yr comment_35705 I watched that hoarding show on A&E when I had to get up during late night feedings with Logan and sometimes the people would just let their animals die and their bodies rot in the house or elsewhere like in the yard, garage, etc....The people would come in to clean it and find the carcasses. I hope that's not what's going on at your neighbors. Report
April 27, 201115 yr comment_35707 I can't watch Hoarders anymore after seeing one lady that lived in a house that had garbage piled so condensely that they found FLATTENED DEAD CATS when they were digging. Like nine or ten of them, completely flattened by the weight of the garbage and rotting in there.It made me a sad panda. I hate how people treat/mistreat animals. Report
April 27, 201115 yr Author comment_35711 I watched that hoarding show on A&E when I had to get up during late night feedings with Logan and sometimes the people would just let their animals die and their bodies rot in the house or elsewhere like in the yard, garage, etc....The people would come in to clean it and find the carcasses. I hope that's not what's going on at your neighbors.I dont think it is ive seen in their house when they left to door open. I just need to figure out the least drama filled way to get this dog away from them. I would have just took the dog last night but it sort of makes me.nervous its a pit it doesnt seem mean and ive gave.it treats but im not going to pick it upand pit it in my jeep. when I came home last night there was another damn dog on my porch my neighbors are so ******. Report
April 27, 201115 yr comment_35712 Can you make an anonymous phone call to the proper authorities? I would be concerned about your dog and what happens if one of these dogs would become aggressive towards your dog or even you? I'm not just saying that because you mentioned it's a Pit but you just never know what will set any animal off and if they have any diseases that can harm your pet. I don't know much about dog diseases, but I do know that feline leukemia is contagious if another somehow comes in contact with a cat's saliva who has it. Report
April 27, 201115 yr Author comment_35753 I can but I need proof. My roommate called two years ago and they didn't do anything. We got a picture of him on our porch last night, and I'm going to check every so often and take pictures and video then I'll try something. I would have just took the dog to the pound myself but I don't want to pick him up. Report
April 27, 201115 yr comment_35758 you're on the right track, man. documentation. legal systems eat that **** with a fork. Report
April 27, 201115 yr Author comment_35763 Yea honestly I'm just trying to go about this the less dramatic way possible honestly. And if I do hit them I want to hit them hard and professionally. Report
April 28, 201115 yr comment_35832 You are doing the right thing GG by making sure that you have everything lined up first. Keep your wits about you with this and it will all work out in the end and hopefully your neighbors will get what they deserve. Report
September 5, 201115 yr comment_44133 I can't stand animal abusers. I can't even watch those Humane Society and ASPCA commercials. When they come on I have to change the channel. I hope you can talk to someone who can do something. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.