Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Apple guy loses prototype iPhone at bar.

What do you think? 13 members have voted

  1. 1. Punishment?

    • Nah, it was simple mistake. No punishment needed
      30%
    • Well, he WAS at a bar. Maybe he should get a warning for being stupid.
      61%
    • Go Donald Trump on his a.ss
      7%
    • BANNED FOR LIFE!!!
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Did you guys hear about the Apple employee who was "field testing" the prototype for the new iPhone 4? It was even disguised as an iPhone 3GS to avoid any publicity.

He was at a bar. Drinking. And left the bar, forgetting the super-secret iPhone he left on his barstool.

Who was he unknowingly sitting next to? The dudes from Gizmodo. If you want to, you can check out the article on their site.

But really, this dude is pretty much screwed. He'll probably get banned for life from Apple.

/facepalm

Apple, the company with super epic insane security, let one of there guys just go out to the bar with a prototype? Doesn't add up to me....

ouch, thats gotta hurt his rep at apple.... did you guys also hear that apple wrote a letter requesting they give the ipod back? lol

I have to say though, I hate iPhones but the new one does look kind of cool. I dig the industrial look of it. I don't like all the curvy stuff of the current ones.

I like iPhones .. I still don't have a smart phone of any kind so I think this is the year I'll get one. I do have AT&T as a company and some of their new service plans will suite me for calling up to Canada. I'm glad I waited this long .. I think this phone will be pretty cool

Who was he unknowingly sitting next to? The dudes from Gizmodo. /facepalm

Not even that. Some drunken guy first comes across it, and pushes it onto another guy, saying "It must have belonged to your friend that just left".

And then. "Weeks later, Gizmodo got it for $5,000 in cash."

http://gizmodo.com/5520438/how-apple-lost-the-next-iphone (under The Aftermath)

  • Author

Why shame on Gizmodo? LoL I don't think they did anything out of the ordinary. They're a tech site. They got a hold of something interesting and blew the lid open on it. If Apple REALLY cared, they would have sent a C&D.

Know what I mean?

The no C&D to Giz is what makes this really puzzling to me. Sure, the pictures were out and they had the story out there, but honestly Apple could force Gizmodo's hand. Suspect to say the least.

There is one thing that I do not agree with Gizmodo on and that is their tearing down of the product. They KNEW it wasn't their product but proceeded to take it apart. Bad form in my opinion.

Why shame on Gizmodo? LoL I don't think they did anything out of the ordinary. They're a tech site. They got a hold of something interesting and blew the lid open on it. If Apple REALLY cared, they would have sent a C&D.

Know what I mean?

The shame on giz is the way they #1 (and most of my problem) treated the guy who lost it. Did he really need called out so hard? And then later do this paragraph long post saying hey, sucks to be you. http://gizmodo.com/5520496/keep-your-head-up-gray-powell . And two, the other small part, there is some interesting laws that could come into place if a "stolen" product. Mostly just the first part, because if he really lost it, i don't think he needed any more problems in his life.

Well, purchasing "stolen" property is a crime. Could be considered stolen because they knew it didn't belong to the seller. Honestly don't see this ending well for Gizmodo, depending on how far Jobs and Co. push it.

the universal remote gag? that was ces ..... i suspect it was something much simpler. They wanted publicity, and what drives interest better than info that's not supposed to be had yet.... ala forbidden fruit.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.