March 15, 201115 yr comment_32904 ".....The International Atomic Energy Agency says a 19-mile no-fly zone has been placed around the troubled plan this comes as the U.S. Navy said Tuesday they detected low levels of airborne radiation at Yokosuka and Atsugi bases, 200 miles away from the nuclear plant, according to Newscore.Fox News has confirmed that a small number of U.S. service members have been exposed to radiation Tuesday and are being treated with potassium iodine pills. A U.S. military official says the risk is manageable......" http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/15/japanese-nuclear-panic-rises-agency-says-radiation-leaking-atmosphere/ Report
March 15, 201115 yr comment_32910 It's sad to hear but I am afraid that they are slowly loosing more and more control over the situation. Report
March 15, 201115 yr comment_32916 It's sad to hear but I am afraid that they are slowly loosing more and more control over the situation.I thought the media was sensationalizing this when it started. But I agree with you, it seems out of control.I'm a bit confused though. If the cooling system relied on back-up diesel generators that were flooded in the tsunami, couldn't they fly in more generators? Or is the system broken entirely now? Report
March 15, 201115 yr comment_32919 From What I read on cnn, there's more danger from the spent fuel rods, as their cooling pool system is down as well. Report
March 15, 201115 yr comment_32929 From BBC news:20:37 - The US-based Institute for Science and International Security (ISIS) has said it agrees with the assessment of France's Nuclear Safety Authority (ASN) that the incident at Fukushima should be classified as level 6 on the International Nuclear Event Scale (INES), one below Chernobyl. Following a number of explosions and a fire at the plant which released dangerous levels of radiation, ISIS said the situation had "worsened considerably" and was now closer to a level 6 event. "It may unfortunately reach a level 7," it added.http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-12307698 Report
March 16, 201115 yr comment_32974 The Fukushima 50. Absolutely selfless act they are doing by putting their lives on the line to help prevent a complete meltdown.http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/16/japans-uncertain-following-radiation-level-panic/ Report
March 17, 201115 yr comment_33045 http://www.youtube.c...player_embeddedUltimate Loyalty: Japanese Dog Refuses to Leave Injured Friend Behind Here‘s an English translation of the camera crew’s words upon discovering the pair (h/t Yahoo):We are in Arahama area. Looks like there is a dog. There is a dog. He looks tired and dirty. He must have been caught in the tsunami. He looks very dirty.He has a collar. He must be someone’s pet. He has a silver collar. He is shaking. He seems very afraid.Oh, there is another dog. I wonder if he is dead.Where?Right there. There is another dog right next to the one sitting down. He is not moving. I wonder. I wonder if he is alright.The dog is protecting him.Yes. He is protecting the dog. That is why he did not want us to approach them. He was trying to keep us at bay.I can’t watch this. This is a very difficult to watch.Oh. Look. He is moving. He is alive. I am so happy to see that he is alive.Yes! Yes! He is alive.He looks to be weakened. We need to them to be rescued soon. We really want them rescued soon.Oh good. He’s getting up.the one dog even cradles the other.s head. amazing. Report
March 17, 201115 yr comment_33056 Wow. Reading it and watching it brought tears to my eyes. So damn sad. Report
March 17, 201115 yr comment_33089 then prepare to weep....like...a...widow.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1366898/Japan-tsunami-earthquake-30-children-sit-silent-classroom-parents-vanish.html Report
March 18, 201115 yr comment_33096 I can't even imagine that MWB. Imagine just sitting there waiting for your parents to come get you and they never do. Report
March 18, 201115 yr Author comment_33120 <object id="flashObj" width="370" height="260" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=833933309001&playerID=69900095001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAEabvr4~,Wtd2HT-p_VhJQ6tgdykx3j23oh1YN-2U&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=833933309001&playerID=69900095001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAEabvr4~,Wtd2HT-p_VhJQ6tgdykx3j23oh1YN-2U&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="370" height="260" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object> Report
March 24, 201115 yr comment_33439 Now that is an amazing story in light of the Japanese crisis. Report
April 22, 201115 yr comment_35300 I cannot imagine being behind that camera. What would go through that person's head at a time like that? Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.