Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

I Found A Copy Of Amazing Spider-Man #2

Featured Replies

I took a bunch of boxes of my friends comic collection he was going to throw out, (the nerd in me couldn't let all of them go to the dump), and I was finally digging through them to see what was there and I found Amazing Spider-Man #2 (I don't think it's a reprint since it's Vol.1 Issue 2, but I need to double check that). The quality is pretty bad, but it still has the cover and no water damage so I might be able to $100-$200 (at most) for it. Maybe even a little less but that's okay for simply finding it. Of course the comic geek in me wants to keep it .. I mean COME ON!! .. it's Spider-man #2!! LEE!! DITKO!!! I'm geekin' out over here! ah screw it.. I'll get it graded and sell it at Comic Con. .. but then again it is Issue #2. Too bad the quality is so poor.

Thats freakin' awesome dude. I love old school comics.

Something like 15 years ago I remember my grandmother called my dad one day and basically told him to come pick up "his old sh*t" that had been collecting dust in her attic. We went up there one day and lo-and-behold she had basically kept almost all of his old comics from when he was a kid. It was a treasure trove of awesomness. Took us like two summers to vacuum seal and catalog the whole collection.

One of his shining gems is a really good condition Avengers #1! He's got a ton of other stuff though. It's crazy.

But back to your discovery that's really amazing (no pun intended!) I'd love to hold a physical copy of that issue.

But back to your discovery that's really amazing (no pun intended!) I'd love to hold a physical copy of that issue.

No kidding...

You should post a pic of it. :)

Something like 15 years ago I remember my grandmother called my dad one day and basically told him to come pick up "his old sh*t" that had been collecting dust in her attic. We went up there one day and lo-and-behold she had basically kept almost all of his old comics from when he was a kid. It was a treasure trove of awesomness. Took us like two summers to vacuum seal and catalog the whole collection.

Many a day that summer was spent boarding, bagging and tagging all those comics. My geekhood was surely cemented that summer along with Chris & our Dad.

Just a tip. If you go to Comic-Com, I'm sure folks will grade it. As far as selling it there? IMHO, no way. You won't get nearly the return on it that you should. Instead, take the knowledge you get and then sell it on ebay, personally.

..That is... -If- you sell that wonderful find. :) If I remember correctly that's the 1st appearance of the Vulture. Also, the Tinkerer. (F**king hell I -am- a geek.)

Enjoy!!

What a great find! Even in poor condition, it's still a great collectible, very rare. I'd have it professionally graded and sealed up. Even if it doesn't have a great value, it'd be a sweet thing to frame and hang up somewhere in the house.

Comics are in a sad state of affairs. Like Capt said, no one buys comics nowadays that aren't graded, unless they are buying it to grade and then resell it as a graded comic, lol. eBay is the VERY best way to sell comics.

  • Author

I do agree with you guys .. I do want to have it CDG graded and because it is in such poor shape it wouldn't net much cash. It's certainly not a "I'm retiring now" find. The more I think about it the more I want to keep it. I really dig stories of people that find stuff like this just before it was to be sent to the trash. Plus it's Spider-Man. .. my favorite character. If it was Hulk or Batman I wouldn't care that much. AND .. it's Steve Ditko, as crazy as that guy is now he still remains my 2nd favorite artist to draw Spider-Man (Romita Sr. being and always will be the 1st). AND . . some one drew in it but not like a 5 year old scribbles.. some one was tracing over Ditko's lines and trying to break down the planes of the body and head and that's exactly how I started to learn to draw. This greatly diminished the value to a collecter but really applies to the history of this comic. It was always very clearly a well loved book that someone read and reread multiple times and I really like the history of it. AND .. it's just awesome to have something like this.

So yea .. I think I'll get it graded and hang onto it. I don't need the cash that badly and what small amount I could get for it would only diminish the story. Hell maybe if Stan Lee comes back to NYC Comic Con and is doing a signing I might actually buy a ticket and wait in line.

...there is a reason they call him Stan "The Man" Lee. I had the chance to run into him a the ill-fated Pasadena Rockin' Comic convention thing they had last year. (Seriously, it should have been called the Pasadena Rockin' B-List/Porn Actress Convention)

Stan's a -really- nice guy. He took the time to talk with a few people on the way into the Con w/ a few guards on either side of him. He genuinely engaded in real conversation.

Sentimentality and personal value trump "economic" value in some cases. I would agree, this is one of those. :)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.