January 19, 201115 yr comment_28192 No words really. Just watch . . .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joI-uU86NXw Report
January 19, 201115 yr Author comment_28254 lol, I hope this is real. I wanna watch it.I assure you this is real. Quentin Dupieux is one of the oddest writers/directors I've ever had the pleasure of watching his films. Honestly pretty excited for it. His 2007 film "Steak" was great. Trailer for it below: Report
March 3, 201115 yr Author comment_32024 In case there was any doubt that you wanted to watch this, here's the red band trailer for it:<br><br><object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object> Report
March 3, 201115 yr comment_32032 Awesome shot of it sitting in a recliner, watching NASCAR. lol Report
July 3, 201115 yr Author comment_39894 http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Rubber/70142800?trkid=496624Just go watch it. I loved it so much. It was so insane it was awesome. Report
July 3, 201115 yr comment_39902 I added it yesterday, so I'll likely watch it in a couple days. Report
July 12, 201115 yr comment_40333 Cannot wait to read your reaction to the movie after seeing it. haha Report
July 12, 201115 yr Author comment_40369 Hush old man. It was a great movie. The intro set it up very good. If you stay in that mindset, it is awesome. Report
July 13, 201115 yr comment_40371 I never said if it was good or bad. Just couldn't wait to read Dat's reaction to it. =p Report
July 13, 201115 yr comment_40373 It's on the list. If I can make it through it then it'll probably be good. lol Report
July 20, 201115 yr comment_40808 I watched it and liked it. Why? No reason.The opening scene and monolog were definitely the best part. Report
July 21, 201115 yr comment_40811 It didn't feel forced to you? Sure, the opening sets it up to be any kind of crazy they wanted to make it, but that doesn't give it a free pass for me. I still wanted a good movie that was unconventional and explored new areas.I would have liked it if Rubber hooked up with a human girlfriend. That would be unexpected and great. Or, Rubber saving a family of ducks crossing the highway and then killing the car's driver that almost ran him over. Give it a conscience. For me, it was "This will make no sense/deal with it. Here's a tire blowing up heads and some actors that play real roles and don't know they're actors. Also, there's spectators and they must be poisoned and killed so that the show can end. What? lol Report
July 21, 201115 yr comment_40819 I liked it in general for it's nonsensical nature, but it did kind of annoy me that they basically were intentionally giving the movie no purpose, to the point that it was a series of unusual events with no purpose for being, with no kind of back story, resolution, or point. But it was still fun to watch for being as odd as it was. I would have liked to see the tire do more stuff like you mentioned.That's why I think the intro was the best part. Just the weirdness of not knowing what to expect, then seeing that car knock over every chair, stop, and a man get out of the trunk like it's just another passenger seat. Then that guy gives an epic speech to a crowd of people supposedly watching the same movie you are. Awesome. Report
July 21, 201115 yr comment_40820 If they had showed that chick's breasts, instead of her oddly formed ass, I would have liked the movie a ton more. Shallow, I know, but it's the truth. lol Report
July 21, 201115 yr comment_40825 i know you guys are going to call b.s. on me, but i thought of it as sort of a social commentary. Report
July 21, 201115 yr comment_40827 The final nail in the coffin for reality shows? Lonely, sad people are no longer able to immerse themselves into reality TV, so they need to actually experience it firsthand to sate them? Report
July 21, 201115 yr comment_40838 robert worked all his life, did his job, and just got tossed in a dump, but he came back. the people doing what they're supposed to do only because folks are watching, the voyeurs judging from afar......etc, etc. Report
July 21, 201115 yr comment_40844 That was the best part for me. The people in the audience bickering and not able to say a few sentences to one another without getting into an argument. We're far too deep into this me-me generation. The selfishness I witness in this day in age sickens me sometimes. The movie drove home that point and nailed it good.I had to go to Rotten Tomatoes and check their scores for the flick. I needed to know if it was just me. Looks like it's 50% for viewers, and 68% for RT. Report
July 21, 201115 yr comment_40906 the two girls saying "are you oafs going to let us starve and not even try to do anything?" spoke volumes on the condition of society. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.