January 10, 201115 yr comment_27242 Didn't want to link to GameInformer, but I love Todd Howard and Bethesda too much to let my personal feelings interfere. Enjoy Report
January 11, 201115 yr comment_27258 i got some gift cards for Christmas, i added them up and immediately knew what i was saving them for. i really really cant wait for this game to come out. i spent so many hours playing in oblivion, and will do the same in skyrim im sure. Report
January 11, 201115 yr comment_27361 You know what else excites me? Listening to the music makes me excited for Skyrim's music. Though it does get old after 200+ hours it's always great. lol Report
January 12, 201115 yr Author comment_27410 Not. Happy. Not. One. Bit.http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1143527p1.html Report
January 12, 201115 yr comment_27411 Not. Happy. Not. One. Bit.http://xbox360.ign.c.../1143527p1.htmlWhat part makes you unhappy? I don't really like the idea of the compass style overlay menu, might be great for consoles but for pc it could be annoying. Also the hudless first person view. hmm. Some of it sounds good, but in practice it might mess up. Life goes on when in conversation in Stalker, but I was attacked and killed while in conversation because of that. I should stop talking now. Report
January 12, 201115 yr Author comment_27412 The Fallout style perks, the jobs (they were so good in Fable 3), no classes, and the dual wielding. Probably more, but I'm tired and on my way to bed.Seriously, if I want a perk, I should train or level up in that skill. Oblivion had it. Example: Boots of Blinding Speed. Instead of tracking those down, and countering the negatives of that item with another, I'm assuming I can now level up to 10, and choose the "Crazy Fast" perk.Wish they'd listen to their core group of fans. Sadly, I think it's all about reaching as many gamers as possible now. It's a sound business model, but the long time fans will be left out, I fear. Report
January 12, 201115 yr comment_27476 Good thing for PCs and a wonderful editor and great modding community. Will be easy enough to fix it to our liking. I don't care about jobs, as long as I don't have to do them, but I am against the perks. Unheard of for a TES title to have benefits without consequences... Wait, and no classes? BAH! Report
January 13, 201115 yr comment_27489 Good thing for PCs and a wonderful editor and great modding community. Will be easy enough to fix it to our liking. I don't care about jobs, as long as I don't have to do them, but I am against the perks. Unheard of for a TES title to have benefits without consequences... Wait, and no classes? BAH!Yup. No classes. It's supposed to be more of a "be what you want to be" game, but honestly I feel they are dumbing down 9/10ths of what made Elder Scrolls awesome in the first place. Report
January 13, 201115 yr comment_27495 Honestly I never saw the point of classes in The Elder Scrolls. They're basically just guidelines, and with the right training you can upgrade any of your skills and attributes. They don't restrict your usage of equipment or abilities based on "class", the only thing it really changes is what skills make you level up. I hope they make a lot of good changes to the leveling system, because, honestly, Oblivion's sucked. You'd either not know too much about it and end up underleveled, or you'd know how to use it and jump around shooting fireballs into the air for hours to get the most points possible, efficiently.For the most part I think the changes sound good, this is Bethesda, they know what they're doing. The perks will just be bonuses as you level up. Report
January 13, 201115 yr comment_27497 For the most part I think the changes sound good, this is Bethesda, they know what they're doing... They sure do: they are dumbing down 9/10ths of what made Elder Scrolls awesome in the first place. To make it more accessible for the masses. Report
January 13, 201115 yr comment_27501 The Fallout style perks, the jobs (they were so good in Fable 3), no classes, and the dual wielding. Probably more, but I'm tired and on my way to bed.Seriously, if I want a perk, I should train or level up in that skill. Oblivion had it. Example: Boots of Blinding Speed. Instead of tracking those down, and countering the negatives of that item with another, I'm assuming I can now level up to 10, and choose the "Crazy Fast" perk.Wish they'd listen to their core group of fans. Sadly, I think it's all about reaching as many gamers as possible now. It's a sound business model, but the long time fans will be left out, I fear.Yeah I agree with all that. Jobs might be okay if they are completely optional.To me, the Elder Scrolls isn't a series for as many gamers as possible. Report
January 13, 201115 yr comment_27502 To me, the Elder Scrolls isn't a series for as many gamers as possible. And it should NEVER be made as such. Report
January 13, 201115 yr Author comment_27507 They could have created a new RPG series, if they wanted to make so many changes. It didn't need to be Elder Scrolls. Report
January 13, 201115 yr comment_27509 They could have created a new RPG series, if they wanted to make so many changes. It didn't need to be Elder Scrolls.This^^^having played EVERY Elder Scrolls game since the original (Arena), I 100% agree.I want Elder Scrolls. Not Elders Scrolls V: Fischer Price Edition Report
January 13, 201115 yr Author comment_27511 They made RPG magic with Morrowind, and that was with a team of only 34 people. They have more than double that now, and they're heading in the opposite direction. I waited all these years to know just the tiniest bit of information on the next Elder Scrolls. Now, I wish I didn't hear it. It truly makes me sad. Report
January 13, 201115 yr comment_27512 I waited all these years to know just the tiniest bit of information on the next Elder Scrolls. Now, I wish I didn't hear it. It truly makes me sad.Yep. bums me out. =( Report
January 13, 201115 yr comment_27542 Well my "Yay Skyrim is causing me to have multiple orgasms" just want to "no....no....not sure if I want to play it now".Sounds like Bethesda needs to leave Fallout with Fallout. I don't want to play The Elder Fallout: Skyrim. I want a damn genuine Elder Scrolls game. Bethesda just kind of dropped a bit on my meter. Looks like I might be playing Morrowind again....best Elder Scrolls in my opinion. Report
January 13, 201115 yr comment_27546 Looks like I might be playing Morrowind again....best Elder Scrolls in my opinion. Report
January 13, 201115 yr comment_27547 I dunno, Morrowind was awesome but if I had to compare I'd say I loved Daggerfall the most. Granted, it was exceptionally buggy but the game was mammoth. Indescribably big. Report
January 13, 201115 yr Author comment_27603 Morrowind gets my vote.What really gets to me is, Bethesda KNOWS it's fans loved Morrowind. Pffft, Fans. What do they know? Report
January 14, 201115 yr Author comment_27740 http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/01/14/the-sounds-of-skyrim.aspx 4th videoMay be its saving grace for me. The intro music for Skyrim, is based off of Morrowind. In fact, when you hear the choir isolated, it's them singing the instruments part to the Morrowind intro, in another language.Pretty cool, Beth. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.