October 31, 201015 yr comment_22604 Looks like the new Dashboard update is scheduled to hit for everyone on tomorrow (November 1st). This one brings all the Kinect updates, updated Avatars (Hopefully they have fixed the broken clothes, costumes, props, etc.), ESPN3 support (with a participating ISP), Netflix updates (Including search), and more.Those of us who have had the preview have liked everything added for the most part. At least the people I've talked to. Report
October 31, 201015 yr comment_22607 Well, the only thing that this affects for me is the avatars, which I don't care for the new proportions, but I never really cared for the avatars anyway. Report
October 31, 201015 yr comment_22612 yay updates? how different is the dash anyways? the message i got said it was gonna change some and i cant really imagine it being all that different Report
October 31, 201015 yr Author comment_22613 Well, the only thing that this affects for me is the avatars, which I don't care for the new proportions, but I never really cared for the avatars anyway.It's more streamlined and no more of things being at an angle. They are all flat, including Netflix boxes. They also reorganized the Marketplace in to better sections. I really like it, but foresee many having issues with it because it's different. Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22664 I just hope they fix the espn problem. I have time warner, who just started carrying espn3..... but my 360 still acts like i don't have it. Report
November 1, 201015 yr Author comment_22702 Update is live now. Go forth and download. Report back here what you think if you weren't part of the Beta. Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22705 They're changing all this stuff, when they need to address the real problems, like party splits for example. I don't know, I just think they shouldn't fix it if it ain't broke. Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22709 *whew* almost had to make an avatar. everything seems pretty flat now though, i wonder if there are options to change that somewhere. Report
November 1, 201015 yr Author comment_22710 *whew* almost had to make an avatar. everything seems pretty flat now though, i wonder if there are options to change that somewhere.There is not. They flattened everything out to give Kinect support to the menus. Allowing for motion based browsing. It honestly works really well too. If you guys get the chance to try Kinect, do it.Here is the full list of changes: * Adds a new Anti-Piracy Scheme. * Adds a visual refresh. * Adds a motion menu specialized for Kinect under system settings. * Adds ESPN as an app download via Xbox Live. ESPN is only available in the US and requires an Xbox Live Gold subscription. Certain ISPs do not support the service. ESPN can be limited or blocked entirely. * Adds Kinect Functionality for Zune, Last.fm, Sky Player. * Adds Foxtel Live TV, OnDemand and catch up services in Australia at an extra monthly cost. * Updates Zune adding Zune Music and ZunePass functionality. * Updates Game Marketplace with a Metro-style redesign and easier navigation. * New codec for Xbox Live voice chat that improves communication quality. * New boot screen animation with redesigned Xbox 360 orb and ribbons. * Better connection when using a wireless network adapter. * Improved Netflix integration by enabling to search the entire Netflix catalog from within the console. * Added Netflix support for Canada. * Improved Avatars to 2.0 version with human-like proportions. * Improved HDD load time. Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22711 There is not. They flattened everything out to give Kinect support to the menus. Allowing for motion based browsing. It honestly works really well too. If you guys get the chance to try Kinect, do it.*sad face* maybe they will put something for download up later to make things pop out. ill be passing on the kinect because i have no reason for it, its just as useless as the wii imo Report
November 1, 201015 yr Author comment_22712 ill be passing on the kinect because i have no reason for it, its just as useless as the wii imoIt's a shame to see people pass on Kinect (And PS Move) without giving them a fair shake. I love the voice commands, facial recognition, etc of Kinect. To each their own though. I do think the Wii's initial piss poor motion control implementation has ruined a lot of people's expectations though.[EDIT: Didn't mean you particularly Stealthy, just a general thought on it. I understand motion controls aren't for everyone.] Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22713 I think the update is pretty lame .. nothing really that I care about. However, it is a very obvious update for Kinect and it's easy to see that it'll make hand gestures and voice commands easier. It'll be a while before I pick up Kinect so I wont be able to get the full effect of the new dashboard. Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22720 Cool, maybe I'll go down and boot it up to check it out. I have some games that need playing anyhow. Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22758 meh... i dont spend much time on it so dont care much lol. Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22764 "Update failedCan't download the update. To test your connection, open System SEttings and select Network settings. Test Xbox Live connection."*Does that, gets to internet to XBL connection, prompts for update, accepts**repeats and fails 4 times**goes to post on the xbox forums to see if anyone else has the same problem*"Windows Live ID is unavailable from the site for one of the following reasons...."F*** you Microsoft, I just wanted to play some damn Halo... Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22768 Ok, FINALLY got that to work.Meh, I suppose it loads a tad bit faster, so I guess their is that. Wish they would ditch that "half your theme is obscured by a grey area lololol" crap. Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22782 I think the voice chat sound like people are speaking through paper cups, otherwise i don't really care about looks, which is the only other difference i noticed. Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22803 Anyone from Canada able to try out Netflix yet? Give the update a few days, guys. You'll be used to it in no time. The GUI is quicker than the older version. That alone should give you reason to smile. Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22831 It's a shame to see people pass on Kinect (And PS Move) without giving them a fair shake. I love the voice commands, facial recognition, etc of Kinect. To each their own though. I do think the Wii's initial piss poor motion control implementation has ruined a lot of people's expectations though.[EDIT: Didn't mean you particularly Stealthy, just a general thought on it. I understand motion controls aren't for everyone.]none taken dude, its kinda funny cause before i left for work i was about to make a post along the lines of how i am a controller person and dont care for the motion controls ect. but i ran out of time and had to leave for work. the motion controls will appeal to many as a fun activity for the family and all the "casual gamers" will eat it up. im sure that some of the hardcore gamers will find a use for it occasionally too. but as for me when i sit down i want the control in my fingers not in my arms flailing about .my roommate plans on picking on up and im sure that at some point in time i will be coerced into trying it out. but it is not something i will be putting my money towards. Report
November 2, 201015 yr comment_22851 So I started up the ESPN3 and I can see highlights and clips of shows but I dont see anywhere to watch a game. Do they stream MNF? Just wondering if it is working or if my ISP doesnt support it. Report
November 2, 201015 yr comment_22896 ESPN app is cool, you can watch the "on demand" tab for stuff that's already happened or go to "watch live" tab for games happening at the moment. I wish there was a way to pick ur favorite teams so that there could be a channel dedicated to stuff you really care about though.As a whole though i am not too thrilled at the look of the new dashboard, and all day things have been sluggish and i haven't been able to update my zune, facebook, twitter, or last.fm apps yet.netflix UI is WAY BETTER though. lists load way quicker and the whole experience is alot more indepth. the only thing i would change is before you could add something to ur queue by pressing X without having to select the item but now you do. just makes selecting things to add to ur queue take a bit longer but i could see it getting annoying. Report
November 2, 201015 yr comment_22908 Been meaning to talk to you about Netflix, Armi. lolWith the new update, I have, on accident, added things to your DVD queue. I go to hit "X" to backspace my search, but the focus is down below and X there, is add to DVD queue. Sorry about that.Also, when you have a crapload of Instant Queue, Netflix keeps automatically moving to one movie. For me, it's Home Alone 2 or 3. I can't navigate Instant Queue at all. It just keeps moving by itself. lol Report
November 2, 201015 yr comment_22930 Been meaning to talk to you about Netflix, Armi. lolWith the new update, I have, on accident, added things to your DVD queue. I go to hit "X" to backspace my search, but the focus is down below and X there, is add to DVD queue. Sorry about that.Also, when you have a crapload of Instant Queue, Netflix keeps automatically moving to one movie. For me, it's Home Alone 2 or 3. I can't navigate Instant Queue at all. It just keeps moving by itself. lolno big deal on adding things, you're welcome to add things, just don't delete.i have the same problem with netflix moving to home alone, if it's a problem with so many movies i'll just delete everything and start fresh, is that the cause of it taking control? i thought it was a glitch with the update cause it's happened in other areas besides netflix like in the marketplace. Report
November 2, 201015 yr comment_22938 It's the only thing I can think of. I had talked to someone on JTV who said he had the same problem. He also thought it was a problem with too many in the queue.I don't mind if you start fresh. Now that we have search, I can find anything. Love search, dude. lol Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.