October 29, 201015 yr comment_22455 I am doing an article about games that gave gamers a scare and would like some input. So......tell me what games gave you chills and why. You have until tomorrow (Saturday) at 8 pm to get me your input. Remember your gamertag will be tied to your thoughts, etc...Spanks Gamerciders! Report
October 29, 201015 yr comment_22457 Condemned: Criminal Origins. Scariest use of an abandoned mannequin warehouse EVER. Playing that game always puts me on edge. Report
October 29, 201015 yr comment_22459 Fatal Frame 1 and 2. My wife and I played Fatal Frame 2 while we were house sitting for a friend out in Penn. He lived in a very nice gated community with a huge deer population/problem. We played it at night with the lights off and there were deer wandering around the yard and looking into the windows. Scared the hell out of both of us so we shut the game off. Report
October 29, 201015 yr comment_22468 Not much of a Horror genre gamer but Dead Space made me jump a few times. Report
October 29, 201015 yr comment_22469 Dead Space puts me on edge more than anything, and the latest game to give me a scare was Alan Wake. That stupid old woman pops up in your vision when you're not expecting it. I think I have a video clip of that somewhere. Report
October 29, 201015 yr comment_22474 Just playing Dead space now and it has made me jump, the splicer in Bioshock that would show up right behind you would get me every time. Report
October 29, 201015 yr comment_22476 This is a game another member of Gamercide can relate to as well, since we both played it together at the same time. Condemned 2 was the game that I have gotten quite a few scares out of. The lights off and the TV very loud makes this a truly horrifying experience. David (Bacon V3) and I would start the game at the exact same moment and go through the game simultaneously while we chatted in party chat. There were a lot of screams to be heard. I think I probably screamed my loudest due to fear because of that game. Needless to say, neither I nor David have finished it yet. Report
October 29, 201015 yr comment_22483 The beginning of Bioshock was pretty creepy, but not the entire game.Dead Space however... I never completed the game, lol Report
October 29, 201015 yr comment_22489 Dead Space seems to always be the popular choice of scary games, call me odd, but I've never found Dead Space scary, and I've tried to, I've played it in the dark with surround sound, and nothing. The only game I can really recall making me jumpy was Condemned: Criminal Origins. The way the game was pretty much always dark, as well as focusing heavily on close combat and tight spaces to navigate in made the experience a lot more creepy. Not to mention the mannequin level, and the way the enemies would pop out at you constantly when you least expect it.But overall, I've never really gotten many scares in videogames. *Shurgs* Report
October 29, 201015 yr comment_22491 I don't think there's been a game that has truly ever scared me, but there are plenty that have made me jump. When the berserker made its appearance in Gears of War was a memorable moment for me. I literally jumped when it busted through the wall the first time. Other games like Bioshock, the Resident Evil series and a few others have done that to me too, but it wasn't a lasting or deep scare that went beyond being surprised and caught off guard. Report
October 29, 201015 yr comment_22493 Play Condemned: Criminal Origins Mr. Pogre. That game will make you jump quite a lot. Report
October 29, 201015 yr comment_22496 The Suffering and Amnesia: Dark Descent.The Suffering is just plain creepy. The enemies are made up of different things, like hypodermic needle fingers, and blade arms. With Amnesia, it's all about the immersion and the fact you can't defend yourself. There are no weapons. You must use a cool head, and find other ways through the game without dying or losing your sanity. Report
October 30, 201015 yr comment_22505 Ooooo, I just remembered.Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. That game was da SHIZNAT back in the day. I can't believe how awesome the "Sanity Meter" was and the weird and effed up stuff the game would do to you. Report
October 30, 201015 yr comment_22521 The scariest game I've ever played was Max Payne. That dream sequence was too creepy. Next on the list would be The Darkness. As soon as I got my darkness power, I got a pit in my stomach and got scared as hell. Report
October 30, 201015 yr comment_22532 i dont realy play scary games lol.... cause i know ill just turn it off.last game that made me do that was Doom 3..... i know..im a sissy. Report
October 30, 201015 yr comment_22534 I know this may sound weird but a level in Banjo Kazooie scared me. The one with the big metal shark, you swim through a tube and you can see his face at the end, I couldn't finish it because I couldn't get close enough. Around the time Golden Eye came out I started having a fear of first person shooters and it took me years to get over it. I'm really not sure why but just sitting an anticipating an enemy coming around the corner made stuff leak down my leg. Report
October 30, 201015 yr comment_22538 The game that scared me the most was the original Resident Evil. There were so many moments where you would get attacked unexpectedly. You approach a door to open it it, only to have a zombie break it down just as you get there. The moment where the dogs crash through the hallway windows was another one. The only game that could even come close to Resident Evil for me was Bioshock, but having preceded that game by almost a decade Resident Evil holds a place in my heart as the first and best horror game I've played. Report
October 30, 201015 yr comment_22545 Resident Evil was the first, Fear was the second, then Condemned came along and topped them all. The atmosphere in that game was intense and nothing is scarier than your own imagination. They used both those elements to make the ultimate scare factor. If you have not played the first Condemned, try it with ALL the lights out and surround sound. On Halloween. In a empty house. At night. Report
October 31, 201015 yr comment_22570 Condemned 1 (not 2!) and RE1. RE1 I think was the scariest. I never beat it, **** just kept flying out of closets at me and I couldn't take it lol. Report
October 31, 201015 yr comment_22585 Bioshock 1 gave me a chill, I remember I was doing something one time in a corner and out of no where I turn around (after I thought I killed everyone) i saw a damn clown looking dude. I was like confused and actually jumped in my seat. Report
October 31, 201015 yr comment_22601 Another had to be in metal gear solid. The fight with Psycho Mantis has to be one of the first gaming moments to break that barrier between game and reality. The way it seemed to know things (by way of reading the memory card) was the freakiest moment for me. For a game like MGS to actually get me to shut the game down because i was so freaked out is a a feeling i'll never forget, and what is a developers purpose but to create a game that will create a lasting impact that won't be forgotten. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.