October 21, 201015 yr comment_21783 Developed by: Team MeatPlayers: 1Platforms: XBLA, (Windows, Mac, and Wiiware coming in November)Rated T (Teen) by the ESRBTeam MeatYou are Meat Boy. You love Bandage Girl and she loves you. Nobody likes Dr. Fetus and that pisses him off. He steals Bandage Girl and it is your job to save her. This is a simple premise that leads to one of the most perfect platform games in, not just recent, but in all of gaming history. At an introductory price of $10, this is the best game money can buy. This reviewer hasn’t played a game in recent memory that has hit every mark that I had set for it in my mind. And in most cases it well exceeded my expectations.View the full review Report
October 22, 201015 yr comment_21796 One other awesome thing, the awesome intros with references to old school games, such as level 1 - street fighter and 2 - castlevania Report
October 22, 201015 yr comment_21797 Great review, Spawn! I was highly considering getting this, but now it's almost certain. The only thing I think is missing from it is a level editor. The PC version will have a level editor "within 6 months of release" (lol), but I don't see why the console version can't have one when N+ did. Report
October 22, 201015 yr comment_21803 There was so much awesome stuff in this game I had to whittle my review down a bit. It was over 2000 words initially and if I've learned anything, it's that people won't read long reviews. Necessary evil in this day and age. Plus it leaves surprises for everyone to find. Report
October 22, 201015 yr comment_21808 I was sort of interested in this game but it fell off the radar pretty quick. Great review and I'll certainly go check it out the demo and keep an eye on it when it goes on sale .. in like, 2 years. Report
October 22, 201015 yr comment_21813 I like that you don't give it a "score". I think more reviews need to be that way. Great job man Report
October 22, 201015 yr comment_21818 I was sort of interested in this game but it fell off the radar pretty quick. Great review and I'll certainly go check it out the demo and keep an eye on it when it goes on sale .. in like, 2 years.It's already on sale man. In November the price will go up to $15 (1200 MS Points). Go help out Team Meat and buy it. What are you waiting on? GO GET IT!! Report
October 22, 201015 yr comment_21825 I'm waiting on a higher income for myself .. that's it. I have enough stuff to keep me occupied and I did treat myself to the Playstation Move, so aside from a few things like Netflix, Gamefly and beer money (most important of them all) I made a promise to myself that there will be no unnecessary purchases. I'm not trying to play the martyr here and I don't have it nearly as bad as most people .. I'm just trying to be happy and content with what I have and safe money where I can.After reading your review Spawn I promise you I will by this game and if a year goes by and I still haven't purchased it yet all of you have my permission to internet B**ch slap me. Report
November 1, 201015 yr comment_22737 Quick update on Super Meat Boy. The Steam PC version will be out the last week in November. Should be pretty awesome to see what special powers Mr. Minecraft will have. Report
November 2, 201015 yr comment_23077 This game didn't do it enough for me to purchase, however my husband downloaded it to his 360 and loves it. So does my son. Report
November 3, 201015 yr comment_23259 Quick update on Super Meat Boy. The Steam PC version will be out the last week in November. Should be pretty awesome to see what special powers Mr. Minecraft will have.http://twitpic.com/33e0n7 Report
November 3, 201015 yr comment_23295 I may check this out when it comes to PC. Looks pretty good. Report
November 5, 201015 yr comment_23433 Umm....I take back what I said earlier. Super Meat Boy is super addicting! Report
November 5, 201015 yr comment_23434 Umm....I take back what I said earlier. Super Meat Boy is super addicting!It takes a few levels, but once it hits you, you won't want to put it down.Damn you Dr. Fetus. Give me back my Bandage Girl!!!! Report
November 5, 201015 yr comment_23463 How far is everyone? I've been done with the light world and here and there plugging away at the dark world levels. Report
November 8, 201015 yr comment_23575 I'm not too far into the game. I never get a chance to play it, because my four year old is always hogging my 360 playing it. He got two achievements and unlocked an avatar award for me though, lol. I think he is at the boss in the Forest World. Report
December 20, 201015 yr comment_25875 Downloaded this last night. Played through the Forest World... after that? Almost broke my controller. Yeeeeeeeeah. It's more than hard. It's more than "old school" hard. >_> Report
December 20, 201015 yr comment_25878 At $3.75 on Steam right now I think I'm going to buy this game a second time. It has enough different characters and content, and the level editor sounds like it will be awesome when it comes out. The only problem is I don't have a wired Xbox 360 controller or wireless receiver yet, so I'll have to figure out how to play this game on the keyboard. lol Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now