October 4, 201016 yr comment_20624 Don't want to ruin the reveal for you Chris. It is pretty freaking nasty to think about though. Report
October 4, 201016 yr comment_20629 I'll ruin it .. I saw it yesterday.It's ground up chicken meat that McDonalds (and other places) use to form constant shapes of chicken nuggets, (footballs, dinosaurs, ect). It's gross looking but perfectly safe to eat. Report
October 4, 201016 yr Author comment_20630 Don't want to ruin the reveal for you Chris. It is pretty freaking nasty to think about though.Thanks Spawn. We can vomit together while everyone else scratches their heads. LoL Report
October 4, 201016 yr Author comment_20631 I'll ruin it .. I saw it yesterday.It's ground up chicken meat that McDonalds (and other places) use to form constant shapes of chicken nuggets, (footballs, dinosaurs, ect). It's gross looking but perfectly safe to eat.BOOOO! You ruined it! LoLAnd yes, it's known as MSC (Mechanically Seperated Chicken). Basically, it's throwing the leftovers into a huge grinder which turns it into the paste you see above. Well, obviously it's full of bacteria. So how do they get rid of it?The wash it in Ammonia.And then they SOAK IT in Ammonia. At that point it doesn't really taste like chicken anymore, so they "artificially flavor" it to make it taste like chicken.But it's still a nasty pink pasty color. So they artificially color it.And there you have it ladies and gentlemen. Your chicken McNuggets. Your Hotdogs. Lots of things you eat. All thanks to MSC. *runs off to vomit* Report
October 4, 201016 yr comment_20632 I remember what it was, someone had posted a picture similar on ATC looooooooong time ago. I was hoping I was going to win. Report
October 4, 201016 yr Author comment_20633 someone had posted a picture similar on ATC looooooooong time ago. Knowing the caliber of my posting, I'd wager it was most likely me. haha! Report
October 4, 201016 yr comment_20638 .. as I already said .. perfectly safe to eat .. sausages are made this way too. If you made this at home it would likely look the exact same. I should get some White Castle for lunch today!! Report
October 4, 201016 yr comment_20639 .. as I already said .. perfectly safe to eat .. sausages are made this way too. If you made this at home it would likely look the exact same. I should get some White Castle for lunch today!!I can 100% promise you that if I made this at home, my ground up chicken, WOULD NOT LOOK LIKE STRAWBERRY FREAKING ICE CREAM!! There are so many chemicals and preservatives in that crap, as in most fast food, that there is no way in hell it is truly "safe to eat". The standards of what passes for food today have gone way, way, way downhill. Report
October 4, 201016 yr Author comment_20640 I can 100% promise you that if I made this at home, my ground up chicken, WOULD NOT LOOK LIKE STRAWBERRY FREAKING ICE CREAM!! There are so many chemicals and preservatives in that crap, as in most fast food, that there is no way in hell it is truly "safe to eat". The standards of what passes for food today have gone way, way, way downhill.I'm with Spawn on this one. And to top it all off, "beef" that is treated this way is not always tested to the same level as other meats that are NOT treated with ammonia. I found this link on the Giz page I found this picture at:http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/31/us/31meat.html?_r=1 Report
October 4, 201016 yr comment_20641 I worked in a meat processing plant one time, and I saw every step that is taken to make that ****. It's basically just the whole chicken skeleton ground up and spewed into a box. Report
October 4, 201016 yr comment_20644 I didn't say it was "GOOD" for you I said it was safe to eat. Rum, wine, beer .. kind of the same thing, not good for us but safe to drink. Report
October 4, 201016 yr comment_20646 I didn't say it was "GOOD" for you I said it was safe to eat. Rum, wine, beer .. kind of the same thing, not good for us but safe to drink.To me "safe" and "good" are pretty much relative to each other man. A healthy lifestyle is what we should strive for in all honesty and I'm sorry to say, this is not healthy. Hell it's not even really meat anymore. lol Report
October 4, 201016 yr Author comment_20647 To me "safe" and "good" are pretty much relative to each other man. A healthy lifestyle is what we should strive for in all honesty and I'm sorry to say, this is not healthy. Hell it's not even really meat anymore. lol Report
October 4, 201016 yr comment_20649 To me "safe" and "good" are pretty much relative to each other man. A healthy lifestyle is what we should strive for in all honesty and I'm sorry to say, this is not healthy. Hell it's not even really meat anymore. lolYep .. you're right about this, but it's the norm now. When I took my Food Safety Course in Canada the lady that taught it was showing us other picture of food and food standards from other countries. (Also vacation photos so she could right off family vacations on her taxes). In Vietnam in some of the smaller villages they sell raw meat that has sat out in the sun all day. Totally natural .. no preservatives, no dyes or flavor additives, no hormon feed to animals, 100% organic meat, but, they let is sit on a table in the sun for 12 hours. Still safe to eat, the people who buy it have built up the enzymes and bacterial in their system long enough it doesn't make them sick, but if I ate it now I'd get food poisoning.And you are right in saying that it's not healthy but unfortunately it's what the majority of people in North America want to eat, and feel like that's all they can afford to buy. Report
October 4, 201016 yr Author comment_20651 And you are right in saying that it's not healthy but unfortunately it's what the majority of people in North America are tricked into eating, and feel like that's all they can afford to buy since everything else is outrageously taxed.I fixed that for ya Kev. Report
October 4, 201016 yr comment_20652 McNuggets are effing nasty. I used to love them when I was a kid, but a month ago I got some since I haven't had them in forever and they didn't taste good at all, I couldn't even finish half of them. Report
October 4, 201016 yr comment_20655 Well played Chris .. it took me a minute to realize what you did!! I still gotta go with "what they WANT to eat". Anybody with half a brain should know by now what goes on in food preparation for fast food restaurants, but that didn't stop me from eating at Burger King last week. Because that's what I wanted to do.And you are right about the outrageously over taxed .. but last time I was in Canada (2-3 years ago) all the food there shared the same tax, and I still saw more people in line at McDonalds than at the "Organic" food grocery store. Report
October 4, 201016 yr Author comment_20656 I still gotta go with "what they WANT to eat".Ahhh, but see there is the condundrum. What do people really WANT to eat? Do they know? Or are they told that things are "ok"/"good"/"amazingly tasty"/"safe"/etc etc etc by the marketing "geniuses" and/or the FDA? Yes, people make choices, but it's these companies who release false science and the lack of FDA oversight that contributes greatly to it all. Report
October 4, 201016 yr Author comment_20665 Bah da da da dahhh. I'm loving it.I honestly refer to the golden arch company as "McBowels" and like to say "Ba da da da daaaah, I'm poopin' it". Report
October 4, 201016 yr comment_20666 It's all bad. The "ground beef" at Taco Bell? It comes in a powdered form and is coagulated in hot water, to form those tiny bits-o-beef.Any fast food place you eat at... bad. All of them will have at least one item that is questionable. Report
October 4, 201016 yr Author comment_20669 It's all bad. The "ground beef" at Taco Bell? It comes in a powdered form and is coagulated in hot water, to form those tiny bits-o-beef.That is the reason I NEVER get the beef tacos at Taco Hell. LoL Once I found out about that I was like LOLWUT!?!? Really!? Gross man. Just gross. I think I'd rather eat powdered beef instead of that disgusting pink swirl of eyeballs,bones,organs,flesh on page 1. LoL Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.