Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

I Am Officially In Mah New Place!

Featured Replies

It's huge. I'm exhautsed. Been working on this now for weeks. Place was a wreck when we first got here (not really a WRECK, but needed new blinds and definite steam cleaning of rugs and mopping, new bathroom stuff, etc), but it's all good so far.

Everything is boxes. It's crazy, but it will work out. I had to hook up the PC to see what the speeds were and also hook up the 360 to keep my gaming streak going. (1097 days STRAIGHT. Damn, this was a feat to kep it going considering the move. LoL!)

But yeah. It's going to be a lot of unboxing for awhile. Now I need to unhook the pc and move some stuff back so it's out of the way.

On a side note, my download speed tripled, but the upload is still a little crummy. At least it's better than my upload at the old place which hovered around 500kbs. :(

971041432.png

Good to hear you're settled, Chris. I know how moving feels, it sucks. I literally just got done moving, it can be a pain in the *** if you have a lot of stuff to move, even more so if you have to fix the place up.

But at least now you can rest a bit.

Where are you at in Rochester?!?!? I was born there and my whole mom's side is from there. My grandparents live in Pittsford along with an Uncle and Aunt.

Congrats man!! .. you'll never finish unpacking .. Tam and I have been here over 5 years and we're still not done. I've given up on unpacking .. an cleaning too.

  • Author

Good to hear you're settled, Chris. I know how moving feels, it sucks. I literally just got done moving, it can be a pain in the *** if you have a lot of stuff to move, even more so if you have to fix the place up.

But at least now you can rest a bit.

Well considering I had to hire movers, yes, we had a TON of stuff. It's been hell.

@CB: I'm not in Rochester. That was the closest "server" to ping to in SpeedTest.net

God I am so tired. It's ridiculous. I feel like this is never-ending to be honest. I've spent 3 days hanging brand new blinds on all the windows (11 windows takes a long time to take down the old super broken ones with stripped screws and nastyness to wipe down), a new set of vertical blinds on the sliding back glass doors to the deck, and now I'm surrounded by boxes. Boxes everywhere. Hell, one of the three bedrooms is basically just a storage room for the moment. I can't even walk in there.

It sucked taking apart my elliptical machine too. Now I've got to put that ******* back together, but it shouldn't be too bad since it's only in 4 parts but it's a lot of screws, re-wiring and tediousness.

My cat isn't taking it so well yet. She's an indoor cat so she's just been hiding in our bed under the covers. LoL Yesterday when we the movers came we had her in one of the empty bedrooms at the old place while we were waiting to get settled enough to bring them over. She got into the closet and somehow got stuck behind the hot water heater. :( Thankfully it wasnt hot or anything but she was wedged in between it and the wall. She couldn't have been in there more than an hour, but I panicked when I opened the room and couldn't find her. She was so scared she peed herself. :( So I had to give her a bath (which as you know, cats generally dislike water so know I'm all scratched up. LoL)

My little doggy is doing ok. A little whiny but she'll adjust better than the cat it seems.

And now I'm back to work. It's going to be a loooong few weeks/months unpacking and finding all my stuff. I had a heck of a time finding a shirt/tie, the iron and my pills this morning.

  • Author

I've survived TWO cat baths over the past week. I rescued a kitty that was literally stuck in some grating (not sewer, like handrail grating in front of a window) right next door to my job. It had been there for a few days honestly, and I asked around, checked the local paper for lost pet ads and called the animal warden but no one came to get it. I had seen it when I went in to work an Saturday. It was behind the grating and meowing at me everytime I walked by.

So after two whole days, came into work on Monday and it was still there. This time however it had gotten its head stuck and couldn't get out. I couldn't take it anymore. It's been freezing and raining and no one had come to get it. I had to get my father's power drill to unscrew the grating to get it out. I brought it to our old mostly empty apartment, gave it a bath because it was filthy and gave it food and water and our old litter box. I called around to every shelter and no one would take it.

It's a gorgeous little cat. Can't be more than a year old. Super friendly too and very cuddly, but I can't keep it. Finally I got a call yesterday from the Animal Care Council who is going to take it today so I'm happy about that. I'm going to go home and get it to drop it off this morning and give them a cash donation too since they're taking it and putting it up for adoption and neutering it.

I'm a sucker for animals.

I had no idea you and your wife had pets .. cats usually freak out like the world is ending if you move a chair half meter in a different direction. Yours will be nuts for a while till she settles in and I totally get the fear you have when you can't find them. I do a head count every 4 or 5 hours here just to make sure I know where they are.

  • Author

I had no idea you and your wife had pets .. cats usually freak out like the world is ending if you move a chair half meter in a different direction. Yours will be nuts for a while till she settles in and I totally get the fear you have when you can't find them. I do a head count every 4 or 5 hours here just to make sure I know where they are.

Yeah, she's been hiding under the covers in our master bedroom for the past few days. LoL I've been feeding her by hand a little and she sometimes comes out in the evenings so slink around the new place and explore, but then she goes right back underneath the covers. I'm going to buy a collar with a bell on it (which she'll HATE) but I want her to wear it for a while so I can hear where she's moving around to when she finally starts to really explore.

My miniature dachshund is doing really well about it all, but she's a big baby and just follows me around everywhere anyways. :)

I would highly suggest NOT putting a colar on her. Her freak out is pretty normal and it could take weeks/months for her to get comfortable to be herself again. If you put a colar on her now, and if she hasn't worn one before she could choke herself trying to it off, or hurt herself in some other way. Tam and I can't get a colar on our oldest cat.

You guys might want to set up one of that spare bedrooms as a cat room. With all the unpacking/cleaning/renovating you and your wife will be doing is going to put a lot of stress on her. Cats hate change of any kind and moving to a new home is rather traumatic for them. I know it sounds cruel to lock her up but once she gets comfortable in a single room she'll accept the new house better. Is she peeing anywhere she's not supposed to?

  • Author

Nope, she's doing well and using her litter box. She used to wear a collar for a while but we took it off after a while. I'll see what happens. Right now she's just chilling in the master bedroom and snuggling under the covers (which she always did anyways at our own place when anyone came over/she heard noises outside/etc). She's the epitome of a "scaredy cat". LoL

It's totally natural for cats to act like that when their environment gets moved around .. also a bunch of new smells she's not used too. The people before you guys could have had animals there and that might be making her freak out. As long as she's using her litter box as usual and eating there's nothing to worry about.

Aw **** Chris, i missed this thread somehow. Sorry for the late post, but hellz yeah. Moving into a new home is exciting. A lot of work, but exciting too. Congrats homie!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.