August 27, 201016 yr comment_17336 Do you miss the days of Double Dragon, River City Ransom, Final Fight and Golden Axe?Do you long for 4 player beat'em up action?Do you wish you could reclaim a bit of the old 8 & 16 bit era with a heavy dose of Epicness?If you've answered Yes to any of these questions, then download the demo of Scott Pilgrim VS. The World -NOW-Played this last night with Karen and it reminded me SO much of my youth. Gods, I sound like an old fart typing that but it's true. Pure unadulterated fisticuffs and fanservice with a hefty dose of nods to game culture and geekdom fills this side scrolling 4 player button masher. What I really liked was how every character has different styled moves and that you actually 'level up' as you go along, learning more complicated combinations.So.. enough of me gushing.Go forth. Be Epic. Rock On like a Sex Bomb-Om. Report
August 27, 201016 yr comment_17345 You are old if you're making references to Double Dragon and River City Ransom. I played the demo and it is a lot of fun. I'll likely pass on buying the game though. Report
August 27, 201016 yr comment_17347 You are old if you're making references to Double Dragon and River City Ransom. I played the demo and it is a lot of fun. I'll likely pass on buying the game though.But it has Poutine! lol Report
August 27, 201016 yr comment_17349 ....Sex Bomb-Om.Like a what now? A Sex Bob-Omb, yes . . . The game is great. If they patch in online multiplayer, then it will be perfect. Look for an incoming (fanboy laden) review Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. Report
August 27, 201016 yr comment_17359 But it has Poutine! lolWell then I'll eat it!! .. I should make Poutine this weekend. ..hhhmmm Report
August 28, 201016 yr comment_17387 I really like the demo and am seriously thinking about getting it. The gameplay is essentially like Castle Crashers. The lack of online multiplayer is probably the only reason I haven't gotten it yet.I haven't seen the movie or read any of the comics either lol. Probably going to see the movie soon, and may check out the comics eventually since I hear so much about them and they sound decent. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now