Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Siren

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Siren

  1. Siren posted a article in News
    Did you buy Activision’s latest video game music love child, DJ Hero? Regardless of if you did or didn’t, would you care if I told there is going to be a sequel? In an interview with Kelowna, DJ Guetta who is the European Ambassador for DJ Hero has announced that he will be working on DJ Hero 2. “I think it's amazing, this game, and I'm going to work on the No. 2 version, “It's a really crazy game. After 10 minutes, you get the rush that a DJ gets after 10 years of practising. I have fun with it, but you know what? I can't go to the maximum level. It's too difficult for me. It's crazy.” Nobody from Activision has confirmed that DJ Hero 2 is in the works, but it appears from this little slip that gamers will definitely be scratching the tables a bit longer. via 1up
  2. NBA 2K10, NBA Live, and Dead Space can add their name to the growing list of avatar fashions on the the Xbox Live Marketplace. The prices for these avatar clothes range between 80 and 320 MS Points. Marketplace
  3. Hello….my name is Siren and I am a recovering achievement addict. Screw it, I am a full blown achievement loving addict. You hear me, you! How dare you sit there and judge me with your eyes as you read this. Well eat my words, I Siren am an achievement addict. An achievement whore if you would like to go that far. Hey, when you know something to be the truth, why deny it? I am sitting here typing this up as my punishment. That’s right. They decided to punish for me for my latest antics. “I guess you haven’t learned your lesson from the last two times,” is what they said. So they took away my pretty blue controller and my hard drive and memory unit. “You can have it when you are ready to beat this demon,” is the last thing they told me before they locked my precious’s away in a small gray safe complete with a lock. A freaking lock! Come on now. Then if that wasn’t bad enough, they took my beautiful black beauty of a 360 and smashed it to pieces right in front of me. In front of me! I did everything I could to hold back the tears, but it was no use. I bawled like a baby and tried to take a couple swings at them, but the bigger one held me back. The smaller one brutally attacked my 360. I crumpled to the floor as the last swing ended the life of my sole reason for achievement glory. They kept telling me “It’s for your own good Siren. You will understand one day”. Understand what? That some crazies that are jealous of my achievement hunting skills wanted my gamerscore out of the picture so that they could take the lead? That is all I understand. So what led to this madness this time you ask? I’ll tell you. My friend's list on the 360. One of my friend’s was getting a bit to close to my gamerscore and was plotting to pass me. See as a recovering achievement addict things like this are dangerous, because they can easily cause a relapse. In the end, I could not resist the demons telling me, “Do it Siren. Buy a crap game for the achievements”. I began to get feverish as I was browsing the internet looking for a game that was cheap and easy, just how I like my achievements to be. Nothing really caught my eye. Most of them of were teases or only had 10 achievements, but would prove to be a prude so those weren’t going to cut it. I needed something that could pull a gaming quickie off. None of that cuddling and foreplay crap. Then I saw it. A true achievement hunter’s dream, CSI: Deadly Intent. With CSI: Deadly Intent I knew what to expect after playing through CSI: Hard Evidence. Boring, repetitive game play, that makes you want to gauge your eyes out with your very own fingers, but you know what? I didn’t care. It was going to give me 1000/1000 blipping bliss. I carefully covered my tracks. I learned my lesson from the last time. I cleared the history on the laptop and remembered to close the page I was viewing. No way was I going to get busted this time. I shut the 360 off and pondered my move on how I was going to sneak in the contraband from the game store. Then it came to me. I’m pregnant! I’ll hide it under my shirt and they’ll never know! Brilliant I know. I heard the door open and footsteps move across the floor to the living room. I hid my excitement and sweaty palms the best I could. They sat down across from me and turned on the 360. This is when I made my first mistake. I began to shake my foot nervously causing one of them to ask if I was okay. I simply nodded and as one of them signed into XBL, I began to bite my fingernails. My eyes started darting back and forth as the friend that was about to pass my gamerscore sent one of them a private chat invite. It was accepted and they began chatting. That is when it happened. The friend muttered something about passing my gamerscore soon and I tried to remain calm, but the friend tossed in a chuckle as if to taunt me and I muttered “that’s what you think”. Boy was that a mistake. When asked what that meant, I began to back peddle, but I screwed all of the words up and ended up tossing my hands up in the air and admitting to my plan. They began to lecture me and all I heard were the chuckles of the friend over the speakers on the TV and I lost it. I jumped up and grabbed the headset shouting into it, “YOU’LL NEVER PASS ME! EAT IT CHUMP!” Before I knew it hands were on me trying to restrain me, but I was like a raging blonde bull. “YOU’LL NEVER PASS ME! WOO! WOO!” Before I knew what was going on, I was being forced to watch my toys being locked up and then…I can’t even repeat it again without bringing a tear to my eye. The destruction of my 360. How am I suppose to go on?! Anyway, they want me to write down what I learned from all of this and what I am going to do to get better. I suppose I am going to start over and repeat the mantra, “I am an addict” and detox from games for awhile. They say, “Give it a chance Siren, you will see.” All I see is relapse after relapse. Who knows, maybe next time you hear from me, I’ll be preaching to you the joys of being sober from my achievement addiction, but until then…. “My name is Siren and I am in recovery for a third time for my achievement addiction”.
  4. New downloadable content for Bioware’s Dragon Age Origins is on the way. Fans of the RPG will be able to download Return to Ostagar to their Xbox 360 or PC on January 5, 2010 while according to CVG, the PS3 will get the DLC sometime in later January. The download will cost 360 users 400 MS Points, PC users will have to use 400 Bioware Points, and eventually the PS3 users will be shelling out $4.99. What can gamers expect from Ostagar? Revenge, fighting, and the fate of a King will be discovered. (Image via Bioware)
  5. SANTA MONICA, Calif., Dec 22, 2009 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- Fans of one of the most-popular online multiplayer games ever can now get the entire collection of Call of Duty: World at War downloadable maps in one shot with the Call of Duty: World at WarMap Pack Bundle. Available starting today in North America on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 2000 Microsoft Points and on the PlayStation®Store for the PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system for $24.99, the bundle from developer Treyarch and Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) features the complete collection of nine multiplayer maps and three co-op Zombie maps from Call of Duty: World at War Map Packs 1-3. Fight through war-torn Berlin in "Nightfire," battle through the jungle and waterfalls of "Banzai," and defend an armored island in "Battery." Zombies and Hell Hounds attack in "Verruckt" (Zombie Asylum), "Shi No Numa" (Zombie Swamp), and "Der Riese" (Zombie Factory). Survive against the onslaught of Zombies with the help of Perks-a-Cola machines, Monkey Bombs, and the powerful Wunderwaffe DG-2. The release of the bundle begins today with worldwide availability on Xbox LIVE and in the United States and Canada on the PlayStation 3 system. It will launch in Europe on the PlayStation 3 system starting on January 7th. Call of Duty: World at War is rated "M" (Mature) by the ESRB, 18 by the PEGI and 15 by the BBFC for Intense Violence, Strong Language, Blood and Gore. For more information and exclusive updates about Call of Duty: World at War, visit www.CoDWaW.com.
  6. The director of analyst services for Electronic Entertainment Design and Research, Jesse Divnich seems to think that gamers will get a glimpse of Grand Theft Auto 5 at 2010's E3. Speaking to Game Informer, Divnich says, "....I think there won't be any playable stuff. I think they'll give you some type of teaser, because we do think that a year from then in 2011 we're going to see another Grand Theft Auto." Sounds like if Grand Theft Auto 5 makes an appearance at E3 2010 it will be a battle of gangsta proportions. Saint's Row 3 is supposedly going to make an appearance as well according to the wiki for the game. Nothing has been confirmed from GTA's camp, so for now mark this as a rumor. CVG

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.