October 27, 201411 yr comment_85381 So I went to a costume party that a bunch of my band friends were having with a friend over the weekend. We wanted to do something that was kind of original-ish, obscure, and yet awesome at the same time. I think I came up with the perfect idea honestly. Needless to say, we were a huge fucking hit!! I was the White spy. Found the masks and hats on Amazon for like twenty bucks each. I already owned the rest of the outfit mostly aside from the vest and shoes which I found at a thrift store on the cheap. The fake dynamite was only like four bucks, and I bought a cheap "bang" gun (with the flag, you know lol) also for the same price. I couldn't find a decent fake bomb though for the black spy, so I ended up going to a craft store and making it myself. Bought a styrofoam ball, spray painted it black, wrote bomb on it and then used a bit of hemp rope that I treated and super glued inside of it. Also stripped a red wire bread tie to thread through the top of it to make it look more like a wick on fire and also give it some pliability. Anyone else doing anything cool this year? I think we're going to go out and and try to hit up some costume contests in these this week too haha. Report
October 27, 201411 yr comment_85396 That's awesome! Very creative! I think you two could win some Halloween contests. Tonight Granite is in our local Halloween parade for football and he is going in his uniform as a zombie football player. He is all about zombies because he is obsessed with The Walking Dead and has already told me that I better get his face right, lol. On Halloween......Jax is going as Elvis this year because of his hair, Granite is going as a skeleton grim reaper, and Logan is a ghost/skeleton thing with chains. I'll post photos on Halloween. Report
October 28, 201411 yr comment_85425 That's awesome Chris! This is my wife and I at a party last weekend. I got the easy part. Took her a while to do hers. Report
October 28, 201411 yr Author comment_85427 OH SNAAAAAPPPP!!!! You guys pulled that off really friggin' awesomely! Super kudos to you and your woman Dat!! Report
October 28, 201411 yr comment_85432 Thanks. It's all her doing. I thought the best part was finding the pants. Standard pin stripe pants don't really look right. It's too narrow of a stripe. These we found on Amazon called "Chef's Pants", Dickies brand. The color is not quite as white, but it worked well. If she gets off work in time, and I don't have to work Friday we're going to enter a contest at one of the breweries downtown. She did a really good job with the makeup. Report
October 28, 201411 yr Author comment_85436 Hell yeah, Dickies! Lol.... absolutely. I wore white dickies pants for my costume as well Report
October 28, 201411 yr comment_85439 I wear 'em almost every single day. Best value and they last forever. <3 me some Dickies. Report
October 28, 201411 yr comment_85442 Dickies has everything. To be clear, the pants were the most amusing thing to me. Her entire costume was just awesome. The makeup was perfect for something she copied off of videos online, and she did a damn good job with Zero too. Made the guy from scratch. Report
October 28, 201411 yr comment_85444 Yeah, she did fantastic. Be sure to tell her we loved all of it. I'm thinking some time down the road, you should take her to a Comic Con. Let her spend a day with people who are deep into Cosplay. I think she'd get a real kick out of it. Maybe even be bit by the bug. Heck, show her some of Lyz's stuff. https://www.facebook.com/LyzBrickleyCosplay Report
October 28, 201411 yr comment_85445 I really wanted to go when we were in Indianapolis. Never made it though. I'm still not that far and would like to hit the one up there sometime. I think you're right, she would like it. I'll be sure to let her know you guys loved it. Last year was pretty cool too. We dressed as Batman and Michelle Pfeiffer catwoman. Ran into Robin and Poison Ivy at the costume contest completely at random. Ended up being a really fun time. Report
October 29, 201411 yr comment_85472 I have to show that to my kids when I get home. They love The Nightmare Before Christmas. Great job! Report
October 29, 201411 yr Author comment_85475 Thanks a lot Kev! Hope you've been doing awesome lately man. Report
October 31, 201411 yr comment_85563 My costume was kind of last minute. I wasn't going to participate at work but then decide I would. I'm pretty proud of what I came up with last minute. The nice dead bride was a nice touch too. Report
October 31, 201411 yr comment_85564 THe look you're giving in the pic on the right - I've seen that before on other women, and it scared me instantly. lol Awesome costume Avahra and thanks for sharing. Report
November 1, 201411 yr comment_85565 Nice job Avahra. Real awesome for last minute. I'm with PK, the look is selling it even better. Report
November 1, 201411 yr comment_85569 I'm just going to copy this over from Facebook since I already typed up the amusing anecdote behind it there: This Halloween I dressed up as a ninja and went trick or treating with my 4 1/2 and 10 1/2 year old cousins. Now, it started out as me just going along to have fun and supervise with my uncle and aunt like last year, but somehow I ended up actually going and collecting candy. I pulled this off because, despite being 24, I'm still skinny and young looking, so with a ninja mask on no one really questioned it haha. It started out as a joke, but when my cousins dragged me along I went with it. Of course, I made sure to give them about half of the candy. I haven't actually gone trick or treating in like 8 years. Report
November 1, 201411 yr comment_85570 I half-assed it this year, mostly because the mask I tried to make fell through last minute. I just did mine and my best friend's makeup, same as last year. Report
November 1, 201411 yr comment_85572 Kev and BE. Bravo, seriously. I've been Invigorated to dress up next year. Already looking forward to it. Also, MISS YOU BE! Report
November 1, 201411 yr comment_85575 Love it guys! Kevin, never let it die! I remember when my wife and I ( just dating at the time ) took our last trip as real trick or treaters. Get away with it as long as you can! Even more awesome that you gave your candy to your cousins. MrsBE, you look awesome, love it! I'm not that big into Halloween, but the costumes my wife comes up for us is always fun. Nothing wrong with the day at all. As far as I'm concerned, it's really more for the adults than the kids. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.