June 13, 201412 yr comment_84032 Welp, for an Alpha test I have to say I'm pretty god damned impressed. I was never a huge fan of Halo, but this game is seriously fun. I was sucked in last night and didn't even get a chance to try out Battlefield (I got a code for that too). Best way to describe it is like Halo, with different character classes, mixed with a lot of Borderlands influence combined with maybe a hint of MMO. Super fun from what I've played. Probably going to pick this one up for sure. Report
June 13, 201412 yr comment_84034 Reminds me a LOT of mass effect and fallout. I think its fun, but ive only played a bit because of hardline. Report
June 13, 201412 yr Author comment_84036 I dunno.... I mean I get a Mass Effecty vibe from the art style, especially the character models and equipment, but I dunno about Fallout. Definitely a HELL of a lot like Borderlands with the questing/grouping/loot drops/damage numbers popping up when you hit enemies/etc. I'm enjoying it! Report
June 13, 201412 yr comment_84040 Lol i think i was thinking of the damage indicator from hardline... too many betas, too short a time. Report
June 16, 201412 yr Author comment_84095 Played this a bunch more over the weekend. I actually really like it. It's a hell of a lot of fun and I imagine playing with friends would make it that much better. Wandered around and explored a bunch, played some online VS matches (pretty much it was like 6v6 Domination modes with random vehicles although you can still spawn you own speeder bike like normal) and played through what I can only describe as Destiny's version of a dungeon (like MMO style? Fighting through an area with a couple subbosses before the main big boss fight). Leveled up to 8 and then I got a message saying I had reached the level cap for the Alpha test but could continue playing. I can forsee myself picking this up. Lots of Borderlands influence with all the loot system and drops, MMO style raid dungeons, PvP and seperate reward structures/loot for that. Pretty damn sweet. Report
June 16, 201412 yr comment_84096 Welp Cris... you sold me.......... even tho i was already sold before. I can honestly see this taking the place Halo had for the past couple of years for me. Report
June 16, 201412 yr Author comment_84097 Welp Cris... you sold me.......... even tho i was already sold before. I can honestly see this taking the place Halo had for the past couple of years for me. I had a LOT of fun, as I already said. Graphically the game is stellar on the PS4 and I was certainly not disappointed with the gameplay! Report
June 16, 201412 yr comment_84098 Did you remember to store your gear in the vault at the tower? Bungie insinuated items in vault might still be there at beta. Report
June 16, 201412 yr Author comment_84099 Did you remember to store your gear in the vault at the tower? Bungie insinuated items in vault might still be there at beta. AFAIK, they said that absolutely nothing would carry over. Plus it didn't take too long to get back up to level 8. Half of the fun for me would be to just start over again and see what new stuff would drop for me. That "dungeon" though that you can play when you hit level 6 was pretty awesome though. I liked it. Report
June 16, 201412 yr comment_84100 Anyone else not really buying their explanations on why the PC version isn't releasing at the same time as the console versions? Same architecture, developed on the PC, but PC version coming last. Want the newest Bungie game? Buy a console and pay $60+ for the game. Yeah, no. Report
June 16, 201412 yr comment_84104 Makes sense sales-wise if you continue to fuel console wars, exclusives etc. It's getting seriously old. Report
June 17, 201412 yr comment_84109 Problem is retail is still the bread and butter for distributors. In retail console games heavily outsale pc games. Big console games see sales in the hundreds for my store.... pc is lucky to see double digits. Report
June 17, 201412 yr comment_84112 Don't know what their excuse is, but it would be easier to make release dates just optimizing for the consoles instead of dealing with all the different PC hardware. Could also be that they have financial backing from MS and Sony for server hosting, but I'm really just guessing. Whatever it is it's certainly money driven. Report
June 17, 201412 yr comment_84113 Most PC sales are digital. You may run into the odd bird like Dat every now and then that wants a physical copy of their PC game. A statistic I'd like to see is say Borderlands 2 sales - PC vs console. I'm willing to bet PC sold a metric bum-ton. And would have sold that same metric bum-ton for Destiny. Report
June 17, 201412 yr Author comment_84120 Yeah i agree the whole console wars thing is stupid. Honestly if you're a gamer then you don't buy into either side or the PC master race BS. You have all the consoles you love and play and have a PC also. Report
July 16, 201412 yr comment_84388 Where can I get a Beta key? if there's any out there still. Haven't been following this whole Destiny thing. Although I did see the Destiny PS4 bundle and it's fucken sexy!http://imgur.com/gallery/vvSb1 Report
July 17, 201412 yr Author comment_84395 I'll take it. I wasn't able to get the Limited edition like I wanted to on PS4 through Amazon so I haven't gotten my pre-order in yet to receive the Beta key. Stupid thing is on backorder so far lol. :/ Report
July 17, 201412 yr comment_84397 Cool. I'll send it to you via psn message once i get it. Work @ 10 am pacific so it might be a few hours after it starts Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.