Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Started building a new PC

Featured Replies

Started buying parts for it last week and will be getting one or 2 components every pay day.

 

So far for the parts.

 

casing - Thermaltake Urban S31

Power supply - Ultra X4 Modular 1050-Watt

Gigabyte Z87X-D3H - motherboard

Intel Core i7 4770K - CPU

Kingston HyperX Fury - ram

and a

MSI GeForce GTX 760 for vid card.

 

 

 

 

 

Got the vid card already and as a bonus, it came with watch-dogs. Haven't been following it really but seems nice.

  • Replies 72
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good choice on components, that's a good setup. I want to get some of that HyperX Fury ram. Thinking of getting the red sticks. What color scheme are you going with?

  • Author

I might get blue ones since the mother board is blue as well but quite frankly, I don,t really care for the color as I won't even see the insides. Yes the case I'm getting has a window but it will be facing my wall.

 

 

 

 

That and my GFX card is red so meh. lol

As long as it works right! lol ...my window faces the wall too :( but I do have a red glow out of it. 

  • Author

One thing I forgot to add is that this setup should come around the 1.2k$ price tag.

 

I didn't include an HDD in the list as I bought a 2TB HDD 2 months ago.

Might get new monitors as well but we'll see for that once it's built.

That looks like a pretty good build but my only recommendation would be to add an SSD.  The size will determine what you do with it, if you get one under about 100GB I wouldn't recommend installing your operating system to it and only using it for games.

Personally I opted for a 250GB SSD (with addition 1TB HDD) so I could install Windows to it and most of the games I actively play at any moment (most games really don't need the additional speed but it's great for big games like MMOs or RPGs, with the faster load speeds).

  • Author

That looks like a pretty good build but my only recommendation would be to add an SSD.  The size will determine what you do with it, if you get one under about 100GB I wouldn't recommend installing your operating system to it and only using it for games.

Personally I opted for a 250GB SSD (with addition 1TB HDD) so I could install Windows to it and most of the games I actively play at any moment (most games really don't need the additional speed but it's great for big games like MMOs or RPGs, with the faster load speeds).

 

 

Oh it's something I plan on getting eventually but it's most possibly going to be an upgrade down the road.

Right now I'm mostly focusing on getting a working setup.  I just placed an order for the hyperX ram and now all that is missing is the processor.....................................

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

to be bought with the next paycheck in 2 weeks.

  • Author

I like the gigabyte mb's. Everytime i go through a fantasy build i always wind up with one.

 

 

Got the MB today and it's sexy.

  • Author

Looks like you are almost there on an awesome build! Hope you enjoy building and using it.

 

 

Almost.

I'm waiting for my bank to clear a payment to be able to order the ram and be left with only the processor to buy. 

And building it is a pleasure. Feels so much better than this 8 year old dinosaur.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Dat feel when all the missing pieces have been ordered and now you play the waiting game.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.....estimated delievery time.... this friday.

  • Author

Sweet! The weekend to build and play! Have fun.

 

 

It's pretty much already built up and i somply need to install the possessor... ram.. well it's plug-n-play ram.

 

 

Tomorrow I'll be formatting my HDD to plug it in the new desktop friday.

No idea if it's necessary but gona have a clean setup.

  • Author

Lol. Processor will be plug and play as well other than the heat sink. New format is always the best bet with all new hardware. Less build and more play then! Even better. :)

 

 

Yeah... I'll have 4 screws to ... screw..... much work.

A bit of work will have to be done tomorrow with the back ups and all.

  • Author

As much as you like assembling things your next step is custom water cooling then!

 

 

Don't know if I'll go that far.

 

Maybe on the next one.

  • Author

This sucks... I got all the parts ready but I thin the motherboard is faulty..... even with nothing plugged in, it doesn't stay on for more than 5 seconds.... ugh... and tomorrow was a day off and was hoping on gaming all day.

Aww, that sucks... Did you figure out if it was a faulty mobo? Try mocking up all the components and give it a run.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.