February 10, 201412 yr comment_82699 Dong Nguyen, the creator behind the surprisingly successful mobile game Flappy Bird has officially taken the game down and it is no longer available for download. Nguyen claims that the success of Flappy Bird has "ruined" his once "simple life".In a series of Tweets, Nguyen says "I am sorry 'Flappy Bird' users, 22 hours from now, I will take 'Flappy Bird' down. I cannot take this anymore.", followed by "I can call 'Flappy Bird' is a success of mine. But it also ruins my simple life. So now I hate it.".Flappy Bird has been pulled out of the Apple store and Google Play, however if you already downloaded the game, you can still play it.According to IGN, Nguyen receives around $50,000 a day in ad revenue. Nguyen claims he will keep developing games despite how horrible he has it after the success of Flappy Bird.Click here to view the article Report
February 10, 201412 yr comment_82702 In the meantime, you can all play Flappy Doge.http://www.dogetek.co/game/ God I hate myself for linking to anything "Doge". Report
February 10, 201412 yr comment_82704 Here's another clone, Flappy Ninja. Part of #FlappyJam http://www.flappyjam.com/ Report
February 11, 201412 yr comment_82741 It's really too bad. I didn't play the game, but the evil shit people were saying to him is ridiculous. Makes me ashamed to be a gamer. Report
February 11, 201412 yr comment_82755 Yeah I saw those tweets earlier today. Tons of death threats from kiddies. Report
February 11, 201412 yr comment_82756 I seriously don't understand why people have to be that way? I'm all for trolling a corporation, but an individual who puts out a FREE game and you bash the shit out of him? That's bullshit. Report
February 13, 201412 yr comment_82809 Be careful with some of the clones that are out there... they are riddled with malware. Report
February 13, 201412 yr comment_82811 I doubt the ones on FloppyJam would have any. It's just developers getting together to make one type of game within a set time limit. Report
February 13, 201412 yr comment_82829 It's a ridiculous world we live when a guy cant put up a free game and people just enjoy it. There are plenty more shit games out there that don't get their creators death threats. What's also really silly to me is the people that are trying to sell their iPhones on ebay with the game installed for $1000+. I mean, yeah it's a flash in the pan game that is no more, but it's damn sure not worth $1000....but then again, somebody help me put my iPhone up on ebay and get me paid! Report
February 16, 201412 yr comment_82877 $50,000 a day? Fuck it, you can call me whatever the hell you want. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now