February 5, 201412 yr comment_82544 I passed on this game when it first came out because for some reason it just did not look like something I would enjoy. The graphics were good looking but the whole story and such didn't grab me as something to buy. Boy was I wrong about this game!! I downloaded it last night and I simply could not put this game down. The graphics are beautiful on the PS3, gameplay is fun and the voice acting is legit. The level of detail given to the environments is staggering for what is now considered last gen. Can't wait to get home to continue the story. I would go as far to say that this is one of the best games ever offered on PS+ as part of the membership. Report
February 5, 201412 yr comment_82545 You should see it on PC. The Metro series regularly goes on sale on Steam for super cheap, too. Great set of games. Report
February 5, 201412 yr Author comment_82546 You should see it on PC. The Metro series regularly goes on sale on Steam for super cheap, too. Great set of games. Yeah I can imagine it looking even better and sharper on PC. Just an amazing experience. A game has not grabbed me like this for a little while now. I really appreciate the environments. As a designer myself I know how much harder it is to make something look weathered, rusted or imperfect with textures than something that is shiny, glossy and smooth. Report
February 6, 201412 yr comment_82562 I agree it is a really well done game. It's all the details that bring it together. Great one for PS+ How big was the download? Report
February 6, 201412 yr Author comment_82576 I agree it is a really well done game. It's all the details that bring it together. Great one for PS+ How big was the download?Hey Dat, it was just under 5GB if I remember correctly, I was shocked because I thought it would be bigger. If they can make a game like this under 5GB it makes you wonder why some games are so much bigger. Like Uncharted 3 is something crazy like 40GB I think. Report
February 6, 201412 yr comment_82581 Prob that size because it was multiplatform and they had to make it fit on a regular DVD for the Xbox and didn't make any changes for the PS3 version. Uncharted makes sense at around 40GB because of it being a Blu-Ray. Just a guess. Report
February 6, 201412 yr Author comment_82591 Prob that size because it was multiplatform and they had to make it fit on a regular DVD for the Xbox and didn't make any changes for the PS3 version. Uncharted makes sense at around 40GB because of it being a Blu-Ray. Just a guess.Makes sense, but 40GB put me off enough that I just bought the disc version for something like $10 at Target when they had a sale. 40GB would be a painful download for me. Report
February 8, 201412 yr comment_82618 Uncharted has a lot more environments. So, I would figure you have a lot more textures, and probably more dialogue. Metro looks good, but it's a lot of reuse of environment. Report
February 9, 201412 yr comment_82643 You should see it on PC. The Metro series regularly goes on sale on Steam for super cheap, too. Great set of games. Indeed. The PC version of both games are simply beautiful. The first game really pushes many modern video cards to the limit. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.